The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you save during gameplay?

Time for anothrr Hunni poll :)

Tried to give mord options time time...anywho...i used to be one the of the ones who saved after a major event BUT due to so many unseen crashes and freezes i have started saving my game more and more.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

How often do you save during gameplay? 216 votes

All the time
45%
Akl500Pvancanuckfan86bshag4lvHejixSamadamsPlayeralan650111IceyJZeriEIisabettaAlexaiStormkeepmcruddIsb917joelygirlsims2simm621TiarellaasimbsimStrangerthancornflake88GoldenBuffy 99 votes
After Each Major Event
31%
icmnfrshGalacticGalIcewolfCheesySimsLoverPinkPaws66SimmervilleHowGreatThouArtColorist40MylitaVibseJinx23sennawalesBloosmooThunderbat87AnmirlafreindlylolElegantblkchina1luthienrisingloubyloulouScarbo27 68 votes
Seldom/Rarely
6%
alexspoom13KaeChan2089irishluck1986keenowFrancl27IchooserockmustenipinneduphairMoonSimHopeyStarrCupidRae357Wolfium 13 votes
I only save before it is time to exit
8%
Bagoas77February11Flexono1rambahadoerInternal_ChaosAgustín CornejoCatersMisa_wants_PepsiStormsviewWynterlyDBClaytonNoahDreamEliGrangerSimmerMindsimscreateDawsonbibiStarryEyedSimsNaxoBaxoKellogg_J_Kellogg 18 votes
I should start saving more than i do but hey YOLO
8%
MeteoraStormkerryemmiebethJestTrusekojranaJennyggPotbelijoduhboy2u2AngelEb95silver_songbirdluxsylvanWulfsimmerVentusMattAfterMidnightEvilyn_1007megalodonsimmerAriaMad2Iyasenusonjainari 18 votes

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    After Each Major Event
    Or whenever I remember
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    All the time
    I'm coming from Sims 2, so I save constantly. Like a ridiculous amount lol. Probably could reduce my saving, but meh.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    When I remember, which is roughly every couple of sim days, and always before I exit, unless something's gone horribly wrong.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Seldom/Rarely
    I haven't ever had the game crash so I'm not really paranoid over saving.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    All the time
    Mine crashes 4 times some days so I save every few minutes if I can remember
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I try to save every night before my sims go to sleep.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I don't "play" the game, I build. When I'm building, I try to remember to save at least once every half hour. I've lost so many builds because I forgot and that is so frustrating.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Oof, DURING gameplay, probably not very often at all.

I'm the kind of person who would lose quite a bit of progress if I had a crash at a bad time.

I should probably save more often...
    On that note, when I'm about done playing for the time being I'm like:
    "Okay, save."
    Then, about to hit the exit button:
    "Wait, did I save? Better save on exit, too."
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    All the time
    The game has been very stable for me, but when it first came out I had a 50/50 chance of having a ctd when I went into build mode. Granted that could have easily been the computer I was using at the time. But between that and playing a lot of alpha, pre-release, and Bethesda games I'm in the habit of saving every few minutes. I hardly even realize I'm doing it anymore, it's over and done with almost before it even registers that I just saved. I play "whatever happens, happens", so I wont reload if I fail at something or get some result I don't care for, I find it more interesting to overcome those problems. I just don't want to lose hours of real time game play because of a crash.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    After Each Major Event
    I play alot of Bethesda games, its pretty much a force of habit.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Every few days...it's a habit from when I used to play The Sims 2 on a doddering machine, and the game was fully capable of crashing after a random click.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    All the time
    Every sim night, so I won't forget.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2018
    All the time
    Sims 4 has only crashed on me once (maybe twice) but I still try to save every 30 mins or so. Why not when saving takes seconds.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    After Each Major Event
    I save after planning a new outfit, adding furniture to the home, right before a sim goes to work, when my needs are all up, etc. I picked "after a major event," but I consider putting together a new outfit a major event, haha.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    All the time
    My first sims game was Sims 3, which anyone who played that knows crashed A LOT, so I'm in the habit of saving every sim day
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    All the time
    I try to save very often... like at least every few sim days or after building or CAS "work". I've had things happen from power outages to me just closing it out on accident way more often than any game related glitches ... Either way losing days/weeks of a sims life is never fun and I try to avoid it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2018
    All the time
    Every sim day and every birthday, promotion, wedding, death, birth, also after moving, changing a household, makovers, etc. The Sims 3 taught me so, lol :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Everyday at night when all my Sims are asleep and/or during the day after completing a major event or reaching a milestone I have set
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I only save when I’m exiting. I need to save more; it leads to tons of issues the way I do it now.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    All the time
    every 10 minutes :D since my game crashed one day after 2 hours playing :/
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    All the time
    The photography bug where the game randomly crashes after taking pictures leaves me no choice but to save every 24 sim hours.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    All the time
    My sims 3 always crashed so I'm paranoid hahaha, my sims 4 never crashed but no one knows when could happen
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    All the time
    I have MCCC set to autosave every 6 sim hours.
  • mysle86mysle86 Posts: 20 Member
    All the time
    I played sims 3 for a while (it became totally unplayable for me due to crashing) so ive learned to save a lot.

I save every night when my sims are going to bed, before and after blowing out candles, before and after traveling, before and after cas, building, parties and so on.. It only takes a few hours, so why not.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited December 2018
    All the time
    All the time. There is nothing worse than forgetting and then the game crashes on you. Or if you regret a decision and can't reload a save.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted