Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on Fitness Stuff? Should I buy it?

Tempted to buy Fitness Stuff while origin has a 30% off sale. Anyone want to share their thoughts on the pack? Should I buy it?

Comments

• PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I quite like the fitness pack - but that's just me - I know some simmers think it's not worth it but you get a fair amount of nice stuff and I thoroughly love the CAS items (one of the reasons I bought it)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    The only thing I used from it was the climbing wall, but with seasons it keeps breaking in the rain... so for me it would be absolutely not worth it.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited December 2018
    If you like modernist furniture and clothes, fitness videos, ear buds, and one giant rock-climbing wall, than Fitness Stuff is the pack for you. Otherwise, don't even bother buying it. But hey, take advantage of the sale to buy those stuff packs! You'll never see them on sale again until the end of next year.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    For the price with the discount, I think it's totally worth it. There's quite a few things in it which I use regularly. Some of the hairstyles are pretty decent, and I use the clothing and earbuds literally all the time. I also am rather fond of some of the BB mode items, especially the wall-decor towel rack, which tends to end up in any sim's home where it doesn't clash with the decor theme. I like hanging hooks in bathrooms and it's one of the nicer ones we have.

Interestingly enough, the 'biggest' feature of the pack, the climbing rock wall, is the one thing I use the least. Other than putting it in at least one gym in any game I play...I have almost never made use of it.

You might want to visit this page to look through the stuff that's in it before you decide: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/fitness-stuff-announce

Edit: Just realized the 30% of sale has ended and I'm late on this reply. But for what.. 5 bucks? I hope you decided to get it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SnarlySnarly Posts: 13 New Member
    > @iliekponiez said:
    > Tempted to buy Fitness Stuff while origin has a 30% off sale. Anyone want to share their thoughts on the pack? Should I buy it?

It's a good pack, especially if you like fitness equipment, and fitness clothing. I'm really into the whole look, so i enjoyed it, but depends if you are? the price isn't bad and you get one of the nicer showers in the game too. I'd recommend it.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Didn't really think it was worth full price so I waited for a sale. It's alright. The CAS is pretty good. Furniture is pretty meh to me, especially since some of it is reskins of exercise equipment types we already had in the base game. I would've liked it better if we had gotten new types like stationary bikes, free weights, and ellipticals.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    @Stormkeep Got it the last day of the sale! Thanks for the input, everyone! :)
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I wouldn't call it an essential pack, but it's probably worth the sale price. I like the hair and clothing options for CAS. The climbing wall isn't the most practical object for most builds. It's cool but tricky to fit because of its size. The other fitness equipment is more-of-the-same, but I use it in my builds. Value in stuff packs always boils down to "it depends." If you like the theme you'll probably enjoy it.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I got it in a bundle myself. It was one of my least wanted packs but I've found the clothing rather nice and the furniture isn't too bad either. I haven't made much use of climbing wall, work out videos or the ear buds... I do like the work out videos though :smiley: For 40% off (current sale) it's not a bad price if the pack appeals to you.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I like fitness stuff because I use the earbuds and I like working out with the TV. The more modern furniture is nice, too. Ironically, what I use the least is the climbing wall since I don't have room for it. I really wish we had gotten a stationary bike and a weight lighting cage for deadlifts.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    I got it with the sale. I haven't used the climbing wall yet, but I knew I wouldn't be making much use of it anyways. If only children could climb it.

I like the new earbuds and the tv workouts and the clothing and build mode are super nice!
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I find I use the items in build and CAS from this pack fairly often. I like it.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I don't really care for the climbing wall and I find the CAS items hideous with a few exceptions. But I absolutely love the build/buy items from this pack, like absolutely. For that, I think it's definitely worth buying on sale, and if you already have better packs, like Movie Hangout, Laundry Day and Vintage Glamour.