Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing a trait.

I'm trying to remove the good trait from Octavia Moon and giving her the mean trait instead (for storytelling purposes).
I have tried removing it with traits.remove_trait good but it will not go. I tried with testing cheats on and off and it won't work with either.
Does anyone know if I should be putting something else in instead?
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    The safest way to remove traits is with the new satisfaction reward potion. You can cheat the points to buy it if you need to. Sometimes if you cheat them away they wont go away completely.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    What about using the retraiting potion?

If the cheat to remove the trait isn't working, how about cheating to get reward points and buying the retraiting potion and doing it that way?
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks guys, I didn't think of the potion. Cheated her points up and used the potion. It worked.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Hm, I would have done it in CAS. Is that no longer possible?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @simmerville, it is, but it's also glitchy doing it that way. Sometimes the traits that are removed in CAS still affect the sim despite being removed. Once you have the glitch once, you tend to look for alternative methods. There's an official EA bug report, but they responded to it and indicated they don't support cheats, so it doesn't seem likely to get fixed, making the potion (which IS supported) a much safer way of doing it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Hm, I would have done it in CAS. Is that no longer possible?

It's still possible, but it's better to use the potion.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I had no idea about this, so thanks @Stormkeep and @Cupid
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LaurenNumberOneLaurenNumberOne Posts: 54 Member
    What about vampire traits? I used the game mechanic to reset all the vampire points, but my vampire still has the previous traits as well.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I've downloaded a sim from the gallery an change him a bit.. Change two traits aswell.. When I was playing he got the tense moodlets from the previous traits.. I didnt cheat, I just change them in CAS before the live mode... I bought the potion and it did nothing... Ive reported at AHQ
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I'm trying to remove the good trait from Octavia Moon and giving her the mean trait instead (for storytelling purposes).
    I have tried removing it with traits.remove_trait good but it will not go. I tried with testing cheats on and off and it won't work with either.

cas.fulleditmode ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @marcel21 that is exactly what can cause the glitch. if you just change traits with fulleditmode, some traits can still have a 'ghost' version hanging around that will affect the sim like they still have the trait even if it's been replaced. without the traiting potion, you'll have to use the remove trait cheat on top of fulleditmode and it might (stress might) fix things

had that exact thing happen to an old criminal sim of mine, i replaced the athletic trait with the kleptomaniac one the day the klepto trait was released. used just fulleditmode, yet he still constantly got upset that he wasn't always out exercising until i used the trait-removal cheat to remove the already removed athletic trait, since he still had a ghost version of that hanging out in his sim info
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    simm621 wrote: »

cas.fulleditmode ;)

I tried that once with Don Lothario. Took away his non committal trait in CAS but he still got the feeling smothered and feeling trapped moodlets.
  • Options
    ChessieKatChessieKat Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Iyasenu;c-16875375"]What about using the retraiting potion?

If the cheat to remove the trait isn't working, how about cheating to get reward points and buying the retraiting potion and doing it that way?[/quote]

How do you cheat to get satisfaction points? I'm only asking because I've done several different variations and none of them work.
    I have J Huntington III and he's always tense with my Sim being in a rationship with her. I removed the trait in CAS mode but the trait still lingers.
    I tired the traits removal cheat, didn't work.
    I even did sims.givesatisfaction_points 5000 and got nothing out of it
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    > @ChessieKat said:
    > [quote="Iyasenu;c-16875375"]What about using the retraiting potion?
    >
    > If the cheat to remove the trait isn't working, how about cheating to get reward points and buying the retraiting potion and doing it that way?[/quote]
    >
    > How do you cheat to get satisfaction points? I'm only asking because I've done several different variations and none of them work.
    > I have J Huntington III and he's always tense with my Sim being in a rationship with her. I removed the trait in CAS mode but the trait still lingers.
    > I tired the traits removal cheat, didn't work.
    > I even did sims.givesatisfaction_points 5000 and got nothing out of it

sims.give_satisfaction_points. You missed an underscore.
  • Options
    KookieSpringKookieSpring Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by KookieSpring on