Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments and Thermostats

I recently bought seasons, and I have been playing a new save game. I decided to make my sims live in an apartment (I almost always live in a house). Well, I decided to put the thermostat in the apartment, even though I have been hearing about the insane bills you get when you use it. My sim has it on hot/cold pretty much 24/7, however, I have noticed it doesn't effect the cost of her rent at all!

I was so surprised, since all my other sims that live in houses pay a fortune to heat/cool their homes. I think I might just move all my sims into apartments from now on.
2ynjgg8.png

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've noticed that. I've also noticed that in apartments, my sims get the heating and cooling buffs whether or not I have a thermostat. I think that might mean that the apartments are temperature controlled already which would make the thermostats unnecessary there. Maybe turning it on just doesn't affect them because they are already on and figured into your bills? Not sure though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    edited December 2018
    In real life heating is normally much cheaper than in a house. So, I assume there is some sort of central heating in the San myshuno apts. builds. Central eating can sometimes be a bit chilly though, if the building needs to save costs. If so, residents might want to have additional heating. Did the thermostat have any effect in the apartment?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I've noticed that. I've also noticed that in apartments, my sims get the heating and cooling buffs whether or not I have a thermostat. I think that might mean that the apartments are temperature controlled already which would make the thermostats unnecessary there. Maybe turning it on just doesn't affect them because they are already on and figured into your bills? Not sure though.

Guess I will have to take them out and see if there is any change in my sims moods
    2ynjgg8.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My sims were living in the Alto Apartments in the Uptown district during the last winter in my game and I needed to put in a thermostat. When it was very cold weather, they were getting the freezing moodlet and changing into their cold weather outfits while inside the apartment.

It felt like it affected their rent too, though I can't say I paid that much attention at the time and they don't live there anymore.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods