Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A sincere plea!

Please, please, we need those horrible leaf piles fixed!! There is nothing I can do to get rid of these really nasty piles of green fog and hundreds of flies! A couple of my sims live next to a public area and there are at least 3-4 piles of green nastiness around their houses so that when they go outside, they always have the filthy surroundings moods. Kinda bad when you can't even go swimming in your own pool. Please fix this!
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    We've got a patch coming up. Here's hoping for a fix!
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Oh, I really really hope the next patch is the one that fixes this.

It really brings down the entire neighborhood.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm hoping EA does fix this soon, but until then I'm using a mod called leafpile_nofreshnessdecay
    It doesn't get rid of the leaf pile, but it does stop them from stinking and ruining the atmosphere. I did try the one that gets rid of the leaf piles, but my game kept throwing errors with that one. Here is a link to the mod I was telling you about.
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited December 2018
    Ah, thanks so much for the responses and the thanks for the link LaBlue. <3

Update, what a lovely site, I've put it in my favs. I grabbed some of her other mods too.
    Post edited by bshag4lv on
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I do hope this is handled on the next patch! Its been a heavily discussed topic and Im sure they have taken notice by now!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    There was me thinking that it had been fixed already... and then I went through Winter and into Spring and saw all the leaf piles still stinking up the worlds :(
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I agree!
    In less seriousness I created a leaf burning holiday at the end of fall lol
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses. @LaBlue0314, I got that mod and a few others...she is very good! Something I don't understand, some of the piles of leaves are great, no green stink and no flies, but others are still stinking up the neighborhood. Huh? In the meantime, I'm overjoyed at the piles that are around my sims' homes are fine.

Another problem...I've tried burning the piles but they just go out. I had a sim standing outside all day trying to burn leaves, bummer. @Bearpal64, I would love to have that holiday! :D
  • Options
    AvaMarlinAvaMarlin Posts: 3 New Member
    Typically I had to burn the same pile like 3-5 times and then it'd poof
  • Options
    Unfortunately the ones I tried to burn would just go out. :D
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I think this is a byproduct of devs overdoing it as usual to make sure we notice a new feature. (hammering, more like)
    My unmodded Del Sol Valley save had leaf piles spawned on day 1 of fall, no tree was losing leaves at that point, and yet.

So many cool features in theory end up being plain annoying in the game because they happen too much / all the time.
    It's like for the devs, no one is playing their life simulation more than 5 minutes at a time. Leaf piles have to be spawned right away everywhere so people notice the new gameplay, and obviously no one will play long enough for them to decay, don't be absurd.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I agree!
    In less seriousness I created a leaf burning holiday at the end of fall lol

What a great idea! Do you mind if I poach it from you? ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @bshag4lv, you need to do the burn action 3 times on a pile of leaves before it goes away, that's why it seems like it "just goes out" to you.
    If you wait too long between burns, you will need to do it more than 3 times because new leaves will be added that take it back to needing 3 burns.
    I suggest waiting until the very last day of Autumn to bother burning, or even the very beginning of winter. Piles will just come right back anyway until Autumn is over.

Also, once you install the mod that keeps the piles from rotting, it will stop new piles from going foul, but any piles that existed in that state already stay that way I think....I recall that being what happened when I started using the mod.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Stormkeep, I'll definitely keep that in mind. I just never noticed them until the green fog and flies became noticeable.

Edit to say, I have the mod from the link LaBlue gave me, so I've noticed there are some newer ones that look normal plus the green stinky ones...and now it's spring.
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    @Stormkeep I think I just fell in love with you for that info. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my cold little simmer heart.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @bshag4lv...the leaves never go away if you don't take care of them. The mod just keeps them from turning stinky (the stinky ones you have probably were stinky before you installed the mod).

If it's spring, you should be able to burn all the leaves present and they won't return until autumn. There's another mod at that same site that lets you get rid of them quickly with 3 clicks rather than having to wait for the burn, if you want to clean them up more quickly than burning. I generally just leave all the piles (using the mod so they don't get stinky), year round..except for areas where I'm going to take screenshots.

And you're welcome, @fallenangel66. :)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Please, please, we need those horrible leaf piles fixed!! There is nothing I can do to get rid of these really nasty piles of green fog and hundreds of flies! A couple of my sims live next to a public area and there are at least 3-4 piles of green nastiness around their houses so that when they go outside, they always have the filthy surroundings moods. Kinda bad when you can't even go swimming in your own pool. Please fix this!

We have a patch coming Tuesday so fingers crossed. The Broken Leaf Woohoo also needs fixing.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I've managed to get rid of some by sending my sims to burn them several days in a row. After about the fourth time, my sim or a random townie will throw away some ashes. It can take up to 8 tries to burn all the leaves to ashes, then another four trips to get rid of the ashes. But yes it would be nice to have a fix so I'm not interrupting my plans or keeping sims up until they're ready to drop walking around their neighborhood to get all the leaves. It takes so long that I only bother with the ones near where my sims live.
    image.png
  • Options
    BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Wish I could join in on the "please fix bugs".
  • Options
    Great answers and comments guys, thank you! And I agree!