Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever used ReShade? Do you like it?

2...Next

Comments

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I'm currently using ReShade.
    I use it too and i love it i 🐸🐸🐸🐸 screenshot in the game out very pretty i couldn't live without it though haven't updated it yet too lazy atm.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    CrownSims wrote: »
    I absolutely loveeeeeed reShade but I recently deleted it mostly because I only used reShade to take screenshots. Also, I've noticed that the load and start up times without reShade are SIGNIFICANTLY shorter. With reShade, it takes maybe a good 10-15 minutes just for my game to load. Without it, probably 3-4 minutes. On top of that, there are SEVERAL mods that make the game look absolutely stunning without the use of reShade. Brntwaffles has several performance-friendly environmental mods.

Final verdict, if you don't have a lot of mods or CC, I'd say go with reShade. If you do, then I really don't think it's worth it.

That's a LOT of time. With reshade for me it's a minute not skipping the intro. :# I know it'll probably vary depending on ones computer
    5vJrxmT.png
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2018
    I've heard of it, but I never tried it.
    I'm super jealous of people who are able to use reshade. I've always wanted to try it out, but the program doesn't work on Mac os :(
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    I will say that @LadyKyn's screenshots shared here on the forums make a very strong case in favor of ReShade, at least for me. They are so pretty!
    Still not using it, but I can admire it from afar. @LadyKyn, you did a phenomenal job of getting things set 'just so'...which I know can be a real challenge with ReShade. How long did it take you, or do you still find that you're tweaking settings slightly now and again (that has been my experience when using it in other games).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited December 2018
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I will say that @LadyKyn's screenshots shared here on the forums make a very strong case in favor of ReShade, at least for me. They are so pretty!
    Still not using it, but I can admire it from afar. @LadyKyn, you did a phenomenal job of getting things set 'just so'...which I know can be a real challenge with ReShade. How long did it take you, or do you still find that you're tweaking settings slightly now and again (that has been my experience when using it in other games).

Thank you. :)

I've had Reshade for a long time honestly the downloading part is the easiest. It's just finding the appropriate setup which you'll like for your game either by playing with the filters or just downloading a few presets. With the noblu mode in game I definitely needed something to help slightly tweak the brightness because the blue glow pretty much illuminated things so you can see without it it's dark with using just the lighting features in game. Because you'll definitely notice there is a bit of dullness with the colors in game in certain places.

Simple and easy youtube videos to show it and using Sims 4 as an example.- Reshade with the Sims4 Presets & Sims 4 Reshade Tutorial

Definitely helps the already beautiful lighting in the game just sharpening the colors a bit more. Looking through presets content creators made and seeing the screen shots visually really helps to see what you want in the game or might wanna play around with. Definitely can help set different atmospheres. Well worth it in my opinion, especially when you find your desired preset.

Gxu7gTb.png
    CqYJfeJ.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I've heard of them, but the game lighting doesn't really bother me so I don't use any.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I tried it but I didn't like it.
    I've tried it when I momentarily fantasized about having a simblr and taking aesthetic screenshots, which i honestly still think about doing but am too lazy and/or scared to try. I guess I just didn't find the right preset for me because I gave up pretty quickly after I saw that it messed up the UI. I'm not against trying it again someday though.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    CrownSims wrote: »
    I absolutely loveeeeeed reShade but I recently deleted it mostly because I only used reShade to take screenshots. Also, I've noticed that the load and start up times without reShade are SIGNIFICANTLY shorter. With reShade, it takes maybe a good 10-15 minutes just for my game to load. Without it, probably 3-4 minutes. On top of that, there are SEVERAL mods that make the game look absolutely stunning without the use of reShade. Brntwaffles has several performance-friendly environmental mods.

Final verdict, if you don't have a lot of mods or CC, I'd say go with reShade. If you do, then I really don't think it's worth it.

That's a LOT of time. With reshade for me it's a minute not skipping the intro. :# I know it'll probably vary depending on ones computer

I know lol! I have a decent laptop but I have nearly over 7k items of CC, so thats probably what made the load times skyrocket with ReShade.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    You are missing the option for people who choose not to use it for reasons other than "I don't like it" or "I've never heard of it" or "I've never tried it".

I don't use it primarily because I simply don't see a reason in this particular type of game to take the performance hit, but I have used them in other games like the Elder Scrolls rpg's. Despite not using Reshade myself, however, I do like the visuals it gives that I've seen in other users' screenshots. I guess i could vote mixed feelings...just doesn't feel mixed to me. :)

You can toggle it on and off, which is what I do. I toggle it on for screenshots, then back off again.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    edited December 2018
    Thought i'd share some before and after pictures with Reshade with the subtle preset I have in my game. I definitely whole heartedly recommend it for others and those who might want to try it again. :)
    OdQxgcf.png
    1VzAVc2.png
    iuUFsje.png
    VToAD7q.png
    E2Dahcq.png
    GNBg8to.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ElavicElavic Posts: 3 New Member
    Finally got my Reshade presets working correctly but having a little issue with the transparency in the hair. Can anyone help? It looks like I can see through the hair. Yes, the hair is custom content. Any suggestions?
    Elavic wrote: »
    Finally got my Reshade presets working correctly but having a little issue with the transparency in the hair. Can anyone help? It looks like I can see through the hair. Yes, the hair is custom content. Any suggestions?
    Is it alpha hair? That tends to happen with those and does all of them do it?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So, I've heard of it, but I don't use it. I do have custom monitor settings, though, so I can change between various monitor setting presets depending what I'm doing. My current default custom monitor settings work well in Sims and for most of my other uses, and because they're monitor settings they have no performance impact.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Reluctant to try it because of what others say about performance. :neutral:
    It's gonna vary indefinitely. I haven't had any trouble with it and have everything on Ultra settings and you can easily toggle it on and off with ease.

My PC isn't very good and runs low to medium graphics so I doubt my experience would be the same.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

edited December 2018
    citysimmer wrote: »

My PC isn't very good and runs low to medium graphics so I doubt my experience would be the same.

I had a pretty mid-range laptop myself as I had things on high, but couldn't do Ultra as it wasn't as good as my actual gaming laptop I got this past year, but I was using Reshade for the most part. Performance wise Reshade for the most part is GPU related.

It also depends on the shader you're using for Reshade. I've always used a rather subtle shader, so I've never taken a performance issue with my older computer. You really have to play with it. :) There's also a performance tab with Reshade when you toggle it so you can see how much each invidiual shader uses. So you can definitely tailor it to you liking and get an idea which one is more or less demanding.

Simple ones that's just messing contrast and brightness of the actual game (the one I use) isn't taxing on the game and pretty lower. Even the post processing. Bloom filter is usually the one that can get pretty taxing, so I'd recommend leaving that one off.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @LadyKyn So I started using reshade for Sims 4 (today)...mainly because I reinstalled TS2 and TS3, and actually needed to use it in TS2 in order to resolve graphical issues (for me, using it resolves the flashing purple shader issue on Nvidia cards).

Once I started with it, I applied it across all of the sims games...can't help it, I tend to be manic and always take anything further than I need to.

Anyway, I was wondering if you would share which of the fx you use in your lovely screenshots, just to give me an idea of which ones I might want to tinker with? No need to take the time to explain all the settings and what not, those usually have to be tweaked by the individual user anyway (different GPU's, monitors, etc).

So far I've messed with Clarity, Colorfx, HDR, Tint and Vibrance and they have some nice, subtle enhancements without real performance impact. Tint (Sepia.fx) also seems promising for setting tone for like screenshots or whatnot.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I've heard of it but I actually really like how my game looks now so I'm not fussed with adding anything that messes with that.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    edited December 2018
    I used it when I uploaded my screenshots to Tumblr but now that I don't use my simblr anymore I got rid of it. Nothing against it but I just feel like it's sort of useless if I'm the only one gonna see my game you know?
    ZnG1wMG.png
    @Stormkeep The fx I'm using on my usual plays and screen shots is Levels, Magicbloom and vibrance. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • TiffanyRoseTiffanyRose Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just started using ReShade for Sims 4. I've used it in other games, don't know why I waited so long. My game looks so beautiful now. I didn't realize how dull the colors were before. Some of them I use pretty much for screenshots only, and I have one I use 100% of the time for gameplay.

bMAnQNC.jpg
    NCmuE36.jpg
    1Rc1jBQ.jpg
    WzEDSSt.jpg
    aFpi1EW.jpg
    llFhVRc.jpg
    Gallery: Hellkittenn
    Simmer since 2001.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have to change my previous statement. On Dec 28th, a friend shared her reshade preset that she used and I have been in love since.

I have been using it since and have now deemed it a priority for my game. I won't play without it.

I can't share pics cause I'm on my phone, if I remember I will tomorrow. And it's now insanely easy to take screenshots with reshade. I changed my hot key to ctrl+F5.

All pictures I've posted since dec 28th have been from the reshade preset.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    edited March 2019
    For screenshot purposes, using reshade actually is a big no go.

Whatever people are using reshade for (changing colour, brightness, saturation etc.) can be achieved even better with image editing programs like for example photoshop.

On the other hand, screenshots with visuals already altered by reshade, have substantially lost image informations compared to a vanilla screenshot. Hence these reshade-altered screenshots are much harder to work with and leave less room for manual image postprocessing.
    So if you changed your mind and want to give your favourite screenshot a totally different visual overhaul, you are better off if you still have the original vanilla screenshot.

For those players who don't want to bother with editing every screenshot they take or who just want to enjoy their gameplay with altered visuals, reshade for sure is an interesting and comfortable option.
    But those players who want their screenshots to look as awesome as possible, definitely should take vanilla screenshots only and tweak them manually afterwards.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I thought it was... eh.
    I blog my sims so I need pics with UI and without. So... Reshade is not for me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I thought it was... eh.
    I blog my sims so I need pics with UI and without. So... Reshade is not for me.

You can take screenshots with and without UI with Reshade.

CAPTIqP.jpg

A81Cbti.jpg

Both taking with my reshade hotkey. One in tab mod (no UI), one not in tab mode (with UI).
    p8L4V6v.png