Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When I have a laptop what exactly can I replace or add to keep it up to date for S4?

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
Hey! I don't wanna post this on the weird new forum so I'm just gonna ask here cause I got good advice from some members before.
When I have a laptop what exactly can I replace or add to keep it up to date for S4? I don't play any other game.
Is adding RAM gonna make make a difference? What else could be done?
I have a pretty good laptop now and can play on ultra settings without any lag or problems but just looking out for the future.
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited December 2018
    An 8GB RAM should be enough for the whole game.

If your laptop only has 4GB RAM, you can upgrade it to 8 GB but this depends on the laptop brand.

Overall, it all boils down to the brand. My laptop can be upgraded to have more hard drive or SSD storage and can have an upgrade on the RAM.

The only things that usually cannot be upgraded is the graphics card and the processor. Unfortunately, these two things are the most important for performance in games.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    thanks @DeKay
    I have MSI GL62 6QF. People here recommended it before I bought it. It runs well but you know they have upped the game specs.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    thanks DeKay
    I have MSI GL62 6QF. People here recommended it before I bought it. It runs well but you know they have upped the game specs.

They only upped the RAM to 8 and the 8 should be enough.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif