Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I rotate my whole world or the sky?

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
edited December 2018 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Can anyone tell me this? Is it even possible? I was hoping to make the sunrise turned to the front of my world.

I've tried to search it but can't find it.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I've never thought to try. :(
    I know when starting to create a world with CAW you should open the Time of Day in View to see sunrise/sunset positions for orienting the world layout, if you care.
    I know someone was able to change the direction of the water after creating their world but I don't know about this. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I've never thought to try. :(
    I know when starting to create a world with CAW you should open the Time of Day in View to see sunrise/sunset positions for orienting the world layout, if you care.
    I know someone was able to change the direction of the water after creating their world but I don't know about this. Sorry.

Also, how do I know the right size of a road? How do I stop myself from making it too big or too small? Where can I see how many squares a road takes up?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    There's the Grid up on the tool bar- it's the grid tool (Snap to Grid) and it will show up on the bottom of the map box.

If you're worried about the length of a road then you know how long you want the road? Such as along a lot? Place the lot or use a paint with the Square brush to mark the size.

I usually start with my park lot because it's the biggest and then layout the roads and corners. Once the road is placed, I delete the lot.

Have you read any of the official tutorials? They're linked on the CAW download page. **It's got more information you'll need to make it easier and they're not too long. :)
  • Options
    I'm reading the manual as I go along actually :) But it doesn't explain a lot ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited December 2018
    Building a network of roads can be tricky, especially in very urbanized places like towns centres. I think trial and error method is the easiest way. Make some kind of network of roads with grid on, then make a lot in certain place, shorten or lengthen road to fit lot's edge, and piece by piece do it with whole world. :smile:

I didn't hear about rotating world or sky, but you can make rotated copy of your world. Though it's time consuming.
    Firstly you have to export height map from "old" world, after you save just right click at png file of this and flip to right or left. Start a new world with this height map. The same thing to do with each one of terrain paint - export too, flip png file in the same direction as height map file, then add terrain paints and import png files of each one. You can save lots in edit in game and use them in rotated copy of your world.
  • Options
    @chojrak wrote: »
    Building a network of roads can be tricky, especially in very urbanized places like towns centres. I think trial and error method is the easiest way. Make some kind of network of roads with grid on, then make a lot in certain place, shorten or lengthen road to fit lot's edge, and piece by piece do it with whole world. :smile:

I didn't hear about rotating world or sky, but you can make rotated copy of your world. Though it's time consuming.
    Firstly you have to export height map from "old" world, after you save just right click at png file of this and flip to right or left. Start a new world with this height map. The same thing to do with each one of terrain paint - export too, flip png file in the same direction as height map file, then add terrain paints and import png files of each one. You can save lots in edit in game and use them in rotated copy of your world.

Great Idea! That should work... =D