Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almanac of Time & Legacy Statues all GONE after moving town?

AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
I am playing a challenge which includes 19 seasons in 19 different towns, and in season 8 my sim traveled to the future and also triggered all 5 of the legacy statues. Now that I started season 10 I noticed that her almanac of time was gone. Not just like, it's there and not clickable, but completely gone. I used Nraas Debug Enabler to show the almanac and it also said no household sim is known for any of the 5 legacy statues. Is this a known bug? I haven't found anything about this so far, so all info is welcome!

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I had the disappearing almanac once and just had to use DebugEnabler to get it to show whenever I wanted to use it. I never was able to solve the issue in that game. This page suggests switching active households and back. I never tried that suggestion, it might be worth giving it a shot; you can always exit without saving if it doesn't work. Dunno if you'll get the statues back.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Yeah I can try that for sure. However she was just moved in to a new save. So she has been deactivated snd activated as default household, I'd think. Those statues annoy the bug out of me. I saw I can retrigger them with DebugEnabler but I probably only lose it all again over the next move?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2018
    (This sounds like Llandros9's Ultimate Sim Challenge) How did she move homeworlds? I should have asked that before.

If she moved the EA way (copy her household to the Edit Town household bin then to the new homeworld in a brand new save) then her new homeworld save would not have a copy of the old Oasis Landing in the new save file. She'd get a brand new instance of Oasis Landing once she travels there. So, she might need to activate the time portal again to get the almanac to show up. I don't really know, I've never done this before. The legacy statue achievements might be reset in such a move for the same reasons.

If she moved to a homeworld via the phone option, that's essentially like copying the household to the bin and putting in a new save from what I've read. I don't know what happens to existing travel worlds with this method. I don't use it myself so I'm not sure what to expect. If she moved this way did you look in the save folder to see if the Oasis Landing.nhd file is still there?

If she moved via NRaas Traveler's change hometown procedure then I'd expect she should have kept the almanac and the statues since you keep the same instance of Oasis Landing with that method. I've had sims move homeworlds via the Traveler method before and so far mine have kept their almanacs. I haven't move a sim with a legacy statute achievement that way yet though.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    @TreyNutz Yes, indeed! *Click* I did the export import thing from EA, I could try placing and activating a new portal, but wouldn't that give the same result as debug enablers show almanac. Like, it shows the almanac but not the statues! Either way I will try that for sure! Who knows if that might work! Thanks for the tip!