Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many premade families have you played?

Ok, I admit, I dream to play ALL the premade families in Sims 3. But there are just too many! Sigh... (maybe this is why there are so few in Sims 4... They went overboard!)

I am an erractic player, I could never play all in order, even less in rotation... My computer can handle so many families at a time, my brain as well... But I am a perfectionist too, I want them to have the life they deserve.

How many premade families have you played? How?

Or have you just given up? ;P
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2018
    I almost never play premade families. Sometimes, though, I save premades I like to the sim bin and recreate them in CAS to play in another world. But mostly I prefer to start with sims I've (re)created in CAS. They often marry premades, however (frequently ones from Sims University).

I do occasionally start with premade sims living alone. In my current game I started with Matteo Torres in Isla Paradiso, for example. He married one of the NPC mermaids and is trying to unlock all the hidden islands. The only other premade I can remember playing is a sim in Lunar Lakes (Michael Tomyoy). He married an alien and they had ... almost 50 kids before Error Code 12 shut down that game.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That's easy: 0 ;) I always play self created families and I've done so from the start.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited December 2018
    Only one and I didn't play them, I added them to my existing family (so that they were controllable) and that was the Single Moms Household.

River McIrish became the spouse of one of my created sims.
    Screenshot-111.jpg
    They made some awesome "hafu" kids. :D The heir became a Colonel in the RCAF. ;)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I've married in some premades but never played the families- in TS3. I've checked them out to see how they're situated. :)
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited December 2018
    Mostly The Frios (including Paulo from Lunar Lakes) and Claire but in my current story (Misunderstood) I also play with Jamie Jolina, The Clavell's, The Alto's (including Bert), and Richie and Rafael Striker (Bridgeport). I have another unfinished story with The Goth's. I LOVE premades...some of them have very interesting backstories.

Jared and Jamie:

45265482675_6e4fef49b6_c.jpg

Connor and Jared:

44360911960_6ce60912e1_c.jpg

Jared, Claire and Marissa their daughter:

27588830587_684e7ebb64_c.jpg

Also a huge fan of VJ and his family, even created a mom for them for one of my stories..(VJ and my Meggie)

24915693767_edfecfcc40_c.jpg

Miraj with made over Ethan Bunch and Parker Langerak..

39741279612_a050061fe7_c.jpg

VJ with his little brother Miraj:

25857253538_22591cdacf_c.jpg

Iqbal and the mother I created for the family Marianna (they fought a lot):

24856959487_98313342bf_c.jpg

:smiley:
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yes, I couldn't NOT play premades. Too interesting to be missed. Sigh.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I've only played a couple of premade families, the Frio brothers being the most recent, but my preference is to populate my own towns and play my own sims.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I never start with a premade household. I have had premades often move into my created active household. Once Mortimer Goth asked my sim to move in with him after they married so I ended up playing the Goth household that already had the Frio brothers living with them plus my sim and her parents.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2018
    I've actually played with premades longer than any other.

I've got the Funke family from the family bin, the Monty family in Monte Vista, Don Lothario in Riverview, Sinbad Rotter and Goodwin Goode of Riverview.

Edit: I've also played a little bit with Kara Carter of Midnight Hollow.
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I wanted to think about this to make sure it's true, and I have, and I don't think I have ever played a premade household.

From the start, the option to create my own Sims was irresistable. I have always started with a Sim I made for myself.

The closest I have come to playing premades is bringing a townie into my household. In Bridgeport, my Sim befriended and romanced the burglar who he met robbing his fancy deco loft. In Twinbrook, I targeted Shark Racket to join my household (for a romance, a haircut and a name change), but that is about it. I am more prone to seeding the town with romance prospects that I also create and place myself.
  • SummerRoxySummerRoxy Posts: 93 Member
    I'm intrigued by the premades' settings/backstories but so far, I've only played the Landgraabs. Geoffrey and Nancy had another child (a daughter named Lilith, I think) but Nancy autonomously cheated after that. 😢 It's an old save so I don't remember much, though.
    One of the things I want to accomplish in the game is also to play all the premades, if possible! 🤗
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Some of them! I had a save with Dudley Racket and Jenny Jones-Brown that I really enjoyed until it borked. I also used Christopher Steele as my guinea pig for trying out ghost hunting.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I never start with a premade household. I have had premades often move into my created active household. Once Mortimer Goth asked my sim to move in with him after they married so I ended up playing the Goth household that already had the Frio brothers living with them plus my sim and her parents.

Yea I remember my newbie days of ts3 my sims was married Mortimer Goth. I think about it now is very funny knowing he supposed be with Bella.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I play my own sims as a rule and will add in a few premades that add something interesting to the story. They are mostly there for background sims and rarely marry into my families. If I do add them into the save as friends or part of the wolf clan as I've done, I change them to suit my style so they don't look quite like the original. :grin:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »

Yea I remember my newbie days of ts3 my sims was married Mortimer Goth. I think about it now is very funny knowing he supposed be with Bella.

Each game is an alternate universe so no predestined soulmates for me, although Mortimer and Bella start out as best friends so it does seem the game is geared toward them being together. Since I never played the earlier Sims games I was not predisposed to have them together. In fact I liked Mortimer before I started playing a female child sim as my main sim so in my games he would end up with my sim more often than Bella. He would sometimes end up with her or Darlene Bunch or Kaylynn Langerak or Sandi French and sometimes would never find a partner. But I always tried to look out for him, sometimes bringing him into my household even when my sim was in an established relationship. Then I would try to "fix" his life and move him out with a partner. But I never pushed him toward Bella.
    @cwaddell @Emo-usagi2187 The first time I played Sunset Valley, Mortimer became fat and Bella's family moved away. I was really not impressed with story progression. Quite disillusioned actually.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    Ok, I admit, I dream to play ALL the premade families in Sims 3. But there are just too many! Sigh... (maybe this is why there are so few in Sims 4... They went overboard!)

I am an erractic player, I could never play all in order, even less in rotation... My computer can handle so many families at a time, my brain as well... But I am a perfectionist too, I want them to have the life they deserve.

How many premade families have you played? How?

Or have you just given up? ;P

I have played most of the Sunset Valley's familes, at least at some point. In my ongoing save I rotate between about ~10 of the households.[1]
    In Riverview I had a big save which I didn't continue, I think it included all the families but I haven't really spend much time in every household. It was more to play with the nraas story progression to the limit.
    I have a current save in Twinbrook which includes 7(?) families [2], but to be more precise, I have a huge household I combined from many premade families. So they have some connection with their families, and I know their families, but practically I play only one household in this save.
    In Moonlight Falls, Hidden Springs, Starlight Shores I think I know only one or two premade households which I actually play (in different worlds). I played a few more (around 6?) in Bridgeport. [3]

[1] Frio, Clavell, Ursine, Kennedy, Landgraab, Alto, Bunch, Alvi, Working friends, Bachelor...
    [2] Racket, Curious, Baker, Bayless, Castor, Greenwood, Prudence, Whelhoff [I this I had to copy from wikia to remember all the names]
    [3] Aria Trill, Ebenezer Clavier, Buster Round, Polly Melony, Harry Marks, Littler family, Cook

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Great topic, I love townies!

In Sunset Valley I have played with most households, having the basegame only for about a year before starting to add EP:s. My long running save there was lovely D. with kids, one of which moved in with the Goths and took her best friend with her while convincing Günther to ditch wifey and kiddo, being fairly uninteresting. The friend was a very accompliced writer and formed a forbidden relation to G, something that both amused and annoyed me.

In Riverview the Grandpa's household was played for a while with much drama. Bennie and Henry formed an attraction and I let Melvin court one of the spinsters, I mean Spensters sisters. Bennie is such a sweet sim but Henry tried to steal Melvins love object as well resulting in a lot of work for me to fix it all (okey, I might have been the instigator, at least of forming the attraction).
    I always befriend the Ivanovs when in Riverview.

In Twinbrook I took delight in playing with Agatha Christie (Riddle), and had a long-going save where I moved in Marc Brandt and DeAndre Wolfe as rommmates to my fairy sculptor's small apt/studio, juggling a healthy and very adoring relation to Marc with his werewolf affliction and a constant attention from DeAndre. The Whelohfs were werewolfs as well and dear friends to Marc, very cute together rubbing eachother's bellies and taking turns destroying furniture.

Lola Belle in Bridgeport always gets my sim's attention in some way, treated tenderly and careful; Sugar Bijou is always a friend. Once I played a ditzy sim convincing Woody Allen (Alan Stanley) to form a love story, moved in, kicked out the rival, burned him to death and moved in the teenage love object Bronson Littler as a sort of weird comment. Sugar Bijou seemed inspired and married her Tom Wordy who drowned shortly thereafter, all by vanilla story progression.

Moonlight Falls was the setting for a challenge of 'hands off', for which I created a family of vampire mother, father and four toddlers and watched as it unfolded. Dad was not life viable and sadly died from sun exhaustion by the second week, but the others thrived long enough for me to form an attachment and decide to play them instead, abandoning the challenge structure. The mother formed a relation to the Gould's father and son, but married the patriarch and moved in her kids and kicked out his.

Gladsten Farmwell from this town is such a handsome sim, suitable both as a lumberjack and a farmer, which he is in my farmsave where his daughter brought home Sharon Dorsey from University world and who is now roommate and fiancee, never to get married since I prefer uncontrollable sims. She helps with the crops and spreads flowers around, so lovely. Probably corrupting my save too.

I have played a Klara in Aurora Skies, best friend with all townies and very involved in their lives, but strictly speaking not rotational;

the Cinderella household (Pertridge) in Hidden Springs, like the fairytale dictates, but letting them keep all their toes and heels;

And in Midnight Hollow the Duchess of Alba and her commoner (Vasquez). They were happy together all while Fausto formed feelings for the young men in town; of whom I also played out the Tim Burton doll story of Jack Limb and his two affections Katarina Stewart and Sarah Holden with complications. I bought the premium item toy machine only for this and started a toy store, it was all very silly.
    The Winchester siblings were friends with David Bowie and Iman (Ziggfields) and being royalty noone else could suffice and they had a sibling's love relation keeping in tradition. Platonic but brewing under the surfice, very les enfants terrible. And of course Olive Specter and Nervous Subject, mostly on free will, hands off with Jules Wheeler as first planned victim, but then my old computer gave up on the sims and he was saved from the EA storyline.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2018
    A lot of premades are brought back from the previous series and then new premades on top of that. I love it! I love getting to know them through their backstories. I don't play in rotation... never tried it but maybe someday. I've played at least one premade family at some point for each world. Also, I'm not the most on top of Sims lore but I believe Sims 3 takes place before Sims 2. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    @SimplyJen Since I have not played through 1 and 2 so feel as if I miss a lot of references. Never having liked Twin Peaks much (it is too dudish), the Bella story still have its charm. I think as you say that 3 is supposed to play out the before-storyline, for those characters at least.
    Yes, townies are great!

Twin Peaks really felt like sims... In a weird way.

Unfortunately, EA tends to contradict its own lore. The Caliente sisters don't have the right personality and I can't stand Bob Newbie's depiction. I cannot see him as artistic... Bookworm??? Maybe I misjudged him, but...

@Auroraskies You truly got into it! Sounds like a lot of fun!

If I didn't restart my saves so often, I might be there... Lol. There's always something that goes wrong. So far so good except that Yvette Grisby is stuck with cutlery in her hand...
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    A lot of premades are brought back from the previous series and then new premades on top of that. I love it! I love getting to know them through their backstories. I don't play in rotation... never tried it but maybe someday. I've played at least one premade family at some point for each world. Also, I'm not the most on top of Sims lore but I believe Sims 3 takes place before Sims 2. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

@SimplyJen , I just read that the order is Sims 3, then Sims, then Sims 2. They said 4 doesn’t really follow anything but does have reoccurring characters (I only played with the Goths in 4 but know there are others, I know the Landgraab’s are wandering around town).
    I think those characters are the ones that go over my head as late-comer to the game, but your cutlery issue made me laugh. Ever since starting playing this game I have read about the issues and there are so many funny ones reported. Sometimes I recognize them from my own game but most of the times they just astonish me, how do they happen? And why? And why do I not have them?
    But sometimes my sim cannot put down her hand after having a drink at a bar (also common in life, waiter, just one more!), but that usually fixes itself when resetting in some way.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    The only premade family I ever played was in sims 2, right now I cannot remember their name. But I really liked them
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Long-time simmer, and I'm embarrassed to say I have only played a pre-made family ONE time, and that would be The Newbies in the very first game of The Sims 1 that I played. Ahh, Bob and Bettie...I miss you!

Unless you count marrying one of them and playing them once they move into my household.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods