Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pinenut's Busted Builds - All Caffeine, No CC - *New Build, Bailey-Moon, Black Modern!*

PinenutsPinenuts Posts: 99 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello fellow simmers and builders.

I'm Pinenuts (Snapdragon27 on the gallery) and I've been posting to @xamira99 's 'Buildings by the Unknown Builders' thread the last few weeks. But now, with @rosemow 's encouragement, this thread will be a space of my very own. I've been building for a few months and I really enjoy it (okay I'm obsessed) and I'm always happy for feedback and advice.

The builds I've previously showcased can be found here

My newest build is Hotel Del Sol - Gallery Link
A 40x30 community lot designed for Starlight Boulevard in Del Sol. It has all the the set-up needed for a Lounge, Bar or Restaurant.
$526,197

"An oasis nestled in the heart of the city, Hotel Del Sol is the OG hangout for stars of the silver screen. Boasting its original 1940's pastel exterior and Copa Cobana interiors, the hotel is one of the most eclectic, exclusive - and reportedly haunted - venues in town"

MxCNst6.png
z71JO2F.png
XtuzbJ4.png
oaPUUUE.png
cpRvd4R.png
VyuxVak.png
hssNF9m.png
hDZVWTc.png
0tgnBQF.png
v9WosSa.png
9dsoxQD.png
NxYIV07.png
qLLx4zk.png
8UFnAl8.png
g5uUNdF.png
SGYFIRi.png
vHSpUt9.png
A3YrbBQ.png
3aSM2hI.png
KRL7z4U.png
NmPSdjv.png
KeadAZq.png
ePHeGpM.png
yVLlto8.png
C08OaoM.png
ws2pYoa.png
dhVpgxv.png
oUCJtSn.png
5QON5VC.png
yRWL3n7.png
50bU9hp.png
k9nYaTG.png
x1SP9AP.png
oEwPPlO.png
44DvsSJ.png
oVU6dMU.png
YrPyMaz.png
mUALiew.png
Xr3m9hr.png
c9Qvs2I.png
qsEPW0g.png
SpIwvkm.png
abtpDuC.png
I5fCYlE.png
Qlho9g4.png
qeDcVVv.png
Y2bC5HB.png
S6SEhkM.png
Z0oARLl.png
Post edited by Pinenuts on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds! :)
    Hotel Del Sol is a very nice venue for Sims to enjoy visiting and suits Del Sol Valley very well! Very nice design of the exterior and the layout of the build is very nice ! The pastel colour scheme of the exterior walls looks very nice, and the balconies are great! Very nice patio for Sims to enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered tables in the outdoors air, having a drink from the tray.. The glass roofing in the build is very nice! Very grand furnishing of the interior of the venue! The marble floor hall and the two flights of stairs looks great! Very nice bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The drink shelves and mirror wall as very nice there. Very stylishly nice furnishing and design of the restaurant area! The black and white colour scheme of the dining tables and chairs, and the patterned flooring is very nice. Sims will enjoy listening to the piano being played whilst eating their meal. The greenery on the wall, and the flowers on the table tops, look very nice! Very nice outdoors nook where Sims can enjoy resting in the massage chair having a relaxing hand or foot massage and a drimk from the drinks tray , or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice furnishing of each of the bedrooms! The wall patterns and colours used give a very nice look to the bedrooms!
    It is a very nice Hotel venue :)
  • PinenutsPinenuts Posts: 99 Member
    Thank you for for the wonderful comments @rosemow. You're very thoughtful and attentive in your responses to so many Creative Corner threads.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Wonderful to see your new showcase and I'm already looking forward to seeing more! Hotel Del Sol is such a majestic and exclusive build, perfect for those celebs :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Hey thank you @masajo. It's become one of my favorite lots to play in. A sim never needs to go home ;)
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    Wow! This is really cool! I especially love the landscaping out front and those fancy suites. It has a really nice old school vibe to it.
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    OMG, your build is stunning! Super detailed! I'll check it on the Gallery :wink:
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited December 2018
    You have some really great builds I've check the other thread that you have posted there looking forward to seeing more in your new showcase here <3<3<3:)
  • CaffeinatedRachelCaffeinatedRachel Posts: 45 Member
    Wow! Thank you for sharing, it looks awesome! I think it'd be a great piece for storytelling. (Maybe they are a high profile celeb, or traveling business man.)
  • Aqua3197Aqua3197 Posts: 286 Member
    Love your build! It will add some much needed character to Del Sol!
    What? I didn't know Build of the Month was a thing. Neat! Thanks for bringing this to my attention @rosemow !

Now I just gotta post my recent builds here, keep this thread updated.
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    edited January 2019
    Congrats <3<3<3 I'm so archaic I don't have twitter, tumblr, instagram... and many other such accounts :D Too bad they don't bother to post those things on the forum and have to learn stuff from rosemow!
    edited January 2019
    Alright, it's time to update this show pony thread! Thank you for taking a look. Gallery name is Snapdragon27, because I'm not smooth enough to have matched my forum, gallery or Twitch names.

I have four new builds I made over the holidays, and one park from November that I haven't yet shown. I seem to be in a cutesy lot phase - all hugs and flowers - so I hope that's your thing. If you like my stuff (or you hate it and really like posting how much dislike it ;)) you can find my previous stuff here (LINK)!

1st up...

Gladestone Gardens - GALLERY LINK
    A park designed for the 50x50 lot in the center of Willow Creek

"Formerly a decaying mausoleum to Willow Creek's founders, Gladestone Gardens has found new life as a park and floral gallery for all Sims to enjoy. Gardening classes are offered Wednesday through Saturday, painting lessons on Sundays...and beekeeping classes are available whenever Mister Manfredi (the resident groundskeeper) decides the bees aren't secretly spying on him."

Unseen in the pics: the remnants of the mausoleum around the corner from the nursery and cuddly family of giant spiders. Aww.

(Note: The Dec 18 patch introduced a round roof/deck trim bug that hasn't been fixed. Once Maxis patches it the rotunda's top will look smoother).

U3qZ0N9.png
    POMGoto.png
    zLrfo0r.png
    oirG4Rz.png
    RimDIsN.png
    yvMYFmb.png
    Pu0LEGU.png
    bTFwSFE.png
    2nd up...

Supervillain's Lair - GALLERY LINK
    This 30x20 lot is my first attempt at an adorable house. All my favorite builders seems to have at least a dozen cute houses, so I decided one couldn't hurt. And now I'm hooked.

"Despite its adorable appearance no house is more feared by the students of Newcrest Elementary than that of Olivia Humphries, the smartest, meanest girl in the entire school. The blue stucco cottage, nicknamed her 'Supervillain Lair', is a source of constant speculation for her cowed classmates, many whom are convinced Olivia is mind controlling her parents...or teaching her dog to code...or was it building an army of zombie ladybugs?"

ZvSwkNG.png
    OBUexra.png
    UmqX4Yc.png
    dp60nBW.png
    X7Fgmv6.png
    k3ySxIK.png
    hl4EYH5.png
    Uhlkk0M.png
    ST7gKFS.png
    k5QrTFm.png
    AdFcdDV.png
    3rd up...

Nick's Roadside Bar - GALLERY LINK
    I was brainstorming a Christmas build that wasn't a holiday village, Santa's workshop or gingerbread house, since the gallery has so many great ones already. So this is my little homage to the Sims that have no where to go for the holidays. It was either this or a global warming themed North Pole, which seemed a bit grim, heh.

"According to local legend Nick's Roadside Bar opens for only twelve days a year, always around Christmas. Despite its rundown appearance Nick's is treasured as a beacon of friendship and good cheer by sims who would otherwise spend the holiday alone. No one questions how, or why, it's only open for a short time - they just know it's a good thing."

FR3mOBu.png
    AjHLaxg.png
    Yes the stone wallpaper is supposed to look like the fake party store stuff. Nick's is run on a tight budget.
    RtPb7Bi.png
    9lgxko9.png
    ZTqxk3g.png
    mGJmG5W.png
    4th up...

Ms. Prim's Orphanage - GALLERY LINK

This lot started as a joke. KatTales on Twitch (check her out, she's cool) had a Disney challenge baby so, um, interesting looking that she said she was sending it away. I said I'd build her an "ugly kid orphanage" for all the challenge cast-offs. It's much more elegant and unusual (imho) than planned. So now I use it in my own game, playing Ms. Prim and her gang of misfit kids. Check out the landscaping. It looks simple but it taught me allll about the landscape bugs in this game.

"Formerly a charm school for girls, the historic Prim House has served as a Willow Creek's most curious orphanage for over five decades. Patricia Prim (the great grandaughter of the original Ms. Prim) accepts abandoned children - girls and boys - that she claims are castoffs from "challenges". No one is quite sure what she means but she's fierce in her condemnation of events she calls "100 Baby..." and "Disney Princess.." among others."

oxDAMj5.png
    8dCQLVa.png
    8xZcQnZ.png
    7IwSnWu.png
    It's an old stables!
    dYJsKX1.png
    dc0igFA.png
    ygLJ02x.png
    3f5UiZM.png
    qFpnYI9.png
    LOkp3ki.png
    kRKblHw.png
    b9GLZfA.png
    2C3D2ur.png
    9FnTIzO.png
    1VqG8zD.png
    sKZTMgo.png
    Pb2G9Hq.png
    Ms. Prim's private apartment
    IaDikBs.png
    p3MfvF8.png
    5th up...

Serene Beach House - GALLERY LINK

Okay so this one's not cutesy. Just a simple little modern beach house with nothing mysterious and frightening living in the sea cave underneath it. Nothing at all...

"For immediate listing: Windenburg. Elegant moden beach house formerly owned by famous horror author CJ Lovelace. Private beach, vaulted ceilings, expansive deck and unique 'harpoon inspired' pool. 2 bed, 2 bath, furnished. Please do not contact realtor with inquires on the disappearance of CJ Lovelace. Authorities are still investigating."

1LsFJiX.png
    iiKGiRI.png
    dDr2Eo5.png
    HjIPdxi.png
    f05qURW.png
    FZLmv1Y.png
    ZlVXz7z.png
    cNxcBYt.png
    eTkNqyi.png
    Not pictured: the sea cave
    edited January 2019
    6th up (crud, I miscounted) and last for tonight. Thank you for scrolling this far, fair forums reader.

The White Hare - GALLERY LINK

I've always wanted to build a 17th century style English cottage but I could never get the roof to look slope-y enough. I think I got close. This build morphed from a few different lot types before I settled on Vet Clinic, hence the description. It was *this* close to becoming a sister bar to the Shrieking Llama called The Yodeling Milkmaid. Doctor Elise Liddell is a nod to Alice Liddell of Alice and Wonderland.

"The White Hare is known to the residents of Windenburg as "the cottage that cannot be tamed". Originally a dairy farm, it has since been a florist, a tavern, a bookstore, a bed and breakfast, a lingerie parlor, two ice cream shops, a...well, you get the point. Today this charming 17th century cottage is a veterinary clinic and canine daycare - and home (upstairs) to owner Doctor Elise Liddell"

Di34TQZ.png
    yzJPiI1.png
    sQpFzpl.png
    Ox65ROg.png
    pvjR1B2.png
    TrE9cna.png
    XwnNw5Q.png
    eHfHuXn.png
    OFF9ctc.png
    5cXK56w.png
    pOECNw5.png
    Each of the builds are very creatively designed, built, furnished and landscaped! :) You have also very creatively written about each of the builds! It is a nice variety of different types of builds. Very nice exteriors of each of builds! The roofing is great! Very nice furnishing of the interiors to reflect the type of home or community venue.
    I won’t post about the details of the builds as there has been a number of builds that you have posted , but they are all very creatively great! :)
    If you would prefer to change your forums username to match your gallery EA name, you can send a pm to either EA_Lanna or EA_Cian asking for a name change, or post on their activities wall.
    Thank you for the tip @rosemow and thank you for the kind comments. Always appreciated!
  • RamendemonRamendemon Posts: 91 Member
    > @Pinenuts said:
    > 6th up (crud, I miscounted) and last for tonight. Thank you for scrolling this far, fair forums reader.
    >
    > The White Hare -
    >
    > I've always wanted to build a 17th century style English cottage but I could never get the roof to look slope-y enough. I think I got close. This build morphed from a few different lot types before I settled on Vet Clinic, hence the description. It was *this* close to becoming a sister bar to the Shrieking Llama called The Yodeling Milkmaid. Doctor Elise Liddell is a nod to Alice Liddell of Alice and Wonderland.
    >
    > "The White Hare is known to the residents of Windenburg as "the cottage that cannot be tamed". Originally a dairy farm, it has since been a florist, a tavern, a bookstore, a bed and breakfast, a lingerie parlor, two ice cream shops, a...well, you get the point. Today this charming 17th century cottage is a veterinary clinic and canine daycare - and home (upstairs) to owner Doctor Elise Liddell"
    >
    >
    I think this building is super charming. I would love to see a remodeled version changing it to a family home! It reminds me of a home that would have been in a family for generations or something. Really nice build!
    edited January 2019

Teal for Two - GALLERY LINK
    Gallery ID is Snapdragon27

This was an experiment with sunken basements and connected carports. The terrain tools are *very* picky about how far you can push this method before the Sims can't get in the house, even if everything looks like it should path correctly. I got it to work and I think it created a fun, quirky little house.

I may have had a few beers when I wrote this gallery description ;)

"Trudy and Trevor Thompson toured town after town to track down the top turf in the territory. "Tudor-style is tepid, totally trite" thought Trevor. "Truly" tutted telepathic Trudy, "take out townhouses too. Terribly tiny". Tirelessly they trecked through the trees 'til a twisty trail took them to a temperate tor. "Trevor!" trilled Trudy, tantalized at the trusses and trim before her, "Teal for Two!"

ccoGTSo.png
    JtPOUWn.png
    CESFt30.png
    JZspRBw.png
    jtIIiVQ.png
    rQXOSbS.png
    HBS8sNF.png
    tF9iWgA.png
    EWtnBDp.png
    T5hjPM7.png
    JFKGxH5.png
    3LMOqgM.png
    gz3SDOA.png
    pchRYIj.png
    edited January 2019
    The exterior design of Teal for Two is very nice! :) Very nice roofing design! The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the home. The car port looks great! Very nice outdoors dining and art nook. Sims will enjoy sitting at the picnic table eating a meal or enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior! It looks very nice and homely. The yellow and blue colour scheme of the living room is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating reading a book and chatting. The sunflowers are a sunny touch on the coffee table. Very nice nook area under the staircase. The kitchen nook is very nice. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst preparing meals. The type of dining chairs used in the dining room is very nice and suits the type of home well. The wooden flooring looks nice. Very nice furnishing and colour schemes of the bedroom! The coloured curtains look very pretty separating off the bed area in the kids bedroom. The school bag is a great touch there. The fireplace nook in the bedroom is very nice and warm looking, and the clothes racks nook and beauty items on the dresser are nice home touches. Very nice family room for Sims to relax and watch tv. The stone texture of the walls gives a very nice look and feel to the room .
    You are very creative in your description of the home! It is great that you found so many words starting with T!
    It is a very nice cottage home for Trudy and Trevor ! :)