Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use a height slider?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    No
    When I was an animation student I would get a bit defensive when people speculated the reasons we didn't get height sliders for TS4. I assumed it was probably because the rigging/animation/coding just to have Sims at different heights would probably take WAY longer than any of us could wait (and we were already very impatient lol). I'm sooo in awe of modders and I think a lot of people who do make their own mods and custom content could probably very well work for a game company because of their talents... but at this time I choose to play mod/cc free!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    No
    No. Never tried them. Maybe one day. :)
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    No
    The only time my sims have differing heights is when certain custom poses stretches one of the sims. Otherwise, I don't mess with height sliders. I don't think I'd be able to deal with the messed up animations, and I don't mind my sims being the same height as each other.
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Yes
    Yes! I couldn't care less about the animations, my sims are little people and people are hardly ever the same height in real life, especially when you take a group of them. I'm several cents per meter shorter than the average height, and I can't stand my sims being all so tall and the same height. Totally unrelatable! :D

I also use it to make age differences to children and teens. Kids can't do all the stuff teens can, so a very short teen that looks like a child fixes that problem.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    No
    Nope, don't like having animations messed up, and to be honest, I don't really ever notice that all sims are the same height. Just not something that is even a little bit important to me for either creation or gameplay.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    spongebobspongebob Posts: 38 Member
    No
    i tried out height sliders once, and the way the animations ended up being off was so stressful for me i immediately had to stop using it )= such a cool mod though!
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    No
    I've never tried them out. In fact, I'm okay with their simulated world and their heights being the same.
    I also get meh with messed up animations.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No
    storyy wrote: »
    When I was an animation student I would get a bit defensive when people speculated the reasons we didn't get height sliders for TS4. I assumed it was probably because the rigging/animation/coding just to have Sims at different heights would probably take WAY longer than any of us could wait (and we were already very impatient lol). I'm sooo in awe of modders and I think a lot of people who do make their own mods and custom content could probably very well work for a game company because of their talents... but at this time I choose to play mod/cc free!
    To be honest I’ve often wondered if it’s us being impatient or the company. A little of both I guess, but the shameless rushing we have seen in the past has never ever been in the player’s favour. I’m quite convinced those deadlines didn’t have us in mind and we actually still pay the price (with all the bugs and glitches that could have been avoided had they given it a bit more time and testing).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Yes
    I'm adding height sliders to my personal TS5 wish list! :joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Yes
    I use them quite a bit. I usually shrink child sims down after they age up from toddler. it really helps things be more seamless. I will also change their height close to a younger siblings birthday so they aging looks better.

The only animation I dislike with height sliders is kissing between older sims. I'll probably at some point make custom posts to fix this for screenshots.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Yes
    I do use them, but only when I'm in a creating-characters-for-histories-in-my-head mood, I really love creating characters so height differences are a must :smile:
    For normal gameplay I don't use them, it really bothers me how borked certain animations look... :confounded:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr