Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if the director dies on the set?

StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
This struck me as I just had the director for my sim's upcoming movie over for dinner. Lately, my sim's old friends have dropped dead left and right, and she's been knocking down those mood-reset things (don't know what they're called in English) every other day, but that's besides the point. The director is also old, and have been so for a good while, so my question is if anyone here have ever experienced that the director dies during a shooting, and if so, what happens? I'd like to know. :)

Comments

• ctroictroi Posts: 36 Member
    Very good question, @Stutum ! Yesterday, my hair & makeup guy died on the set. I didn't see a replacement for him but I didn't really look around too closely, sorry. I was already set to start my performances and the death and sadness really set me back time-wise. I barely finished in time and didn't do as well as I normally do as my Sim (and everyone) was just too sad.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Good thing you got your hair and makeup first, @ctroi ! Okay, that was awful. xD I just hope it won't break the event if it happens, which is likely. Hopefully someone else takes over. And yeah, sad sims aren't very productive, understandably enough. I think I'll just have to create an extra save for the filming, just to be sure. :)
  • ctroictroi Posts: 36 Member
    @Stutum , Yes, I was so glad that I had already visited his station. I have my routine at my acting gigs--Hair & makeup then costume first. I then like her to practice scene next. It helps put her in the right mood to get her scenes down just right, then she will eat and interact as needed before getting up to film her scenes. LOL The gig that Kole, her hair and makeup artist died was the first gig she didn't get the highest (gold) for her performance. She didn't take the trait were that doesn't matter, so had she not had it done already I am afraid her reputation or performance would have really taken a dive. As it was, they were not that pleased. In her defense, I think she did an awesome job considering!
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @ctroi I usually get the costume and makeup first as well, just in case. Too bad she didn't get gold for that, but that's how it goes some times. xD Actually, right after my last reply, a producer died of old age on the set. Fortunately, it didn't affect my sim's performance.
  • BlueAquaStar14BlueAquaStar14 Posts: 58 Member
    So funny story, my director just died and my character is newly pregnant with hair and makeup and the costume ready and the show can't go on??
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Similar thing happened to me. My costume outfitter died as soon as I got on the lot, old age. When Grim showed up, My famous sim demanded he bring her back. Told him off. He did. My sim was Very Confident for the rest of the day for having Ordered Grim.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Sounds like interesting gigs!!! :) I'm a bit surprised those film set sims obviously don't ever retire? I would have found it natural that they were replaced when reaching elderhood. On real life film sets you very rarely find elderly workers... Everything else on the Plumbob Studios set feels so authentic and real, maybe they just forgot to include an upper age limit for the workers?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • olaminaolamina Posts: 3 New Member
    Co star died on set and now the scene with him can't be performed.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to me. My costume outfitter died as soon as I got on the lot, old age. When Grim showed up, My famous sim demanded he bring her back. Told him off. He did. My sim was Very Confident for the rest of the day for having Ordered Grim.

LOL! I can imagine your sim just being like, "Oh, no. Not today, Buddy! You bring our costume fitter back right now, or it's you and me in the parking lot! Think I'm playing?"

...You know, that wouldn't be a bad scene in a comedy about the film industry...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • larryVodka28larryVodka28 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was just on set and 4 different people died 😭. Its been more than 12 hours and I'm still stuck here. Also I made less money than usual and my agency was mad at me 😫
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I was just on set and 4 different people died 😭. Its been more than 12 hours and I'm still stuck here. Also I made less money than usual and my agency was mad at me 😫

The agency blaming the actor for other people dying... Sorry I think that's funny. Better luck next time!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I like the unexpected if it happens not too often ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2021
    Sounds like interesting gigs!!! :) I'm a bit surprised those film set sims obviously don't ever retire? I would have found it natural that they were replaced when reaching elderhood. On real life film sets you very rarely find elderly workers... Everything else on the Plumbob Studios set feels so authentic and real, maybe they just forgot to include an upper age limit for the workers?

I suppose you could always "retire" them yourself, by going into unplayed households and deleting them while not on set.

Or, if your sim is actually friends with them, you could make them played and pop them all into one retirement home, give them a self-employed "Retired" designation, and then just play them or not depending on how much you care about them.
  • DevraBeeDevraBee Posts: 1 New Member
    So this happened to me. My wardrobe stylist died as soon as I got on set. Thankfully I had another member of the household available and I switched control to them, and then back to my actor and there was a new wardrobe stylist on set when I did that. Problem solved. :)
  • rose91afrose91af Posts: 1 New Member
    This just happened to me today! My director died as soon as I got to the set. I switched Sims to another household member and came back to test that theory someone posted but it didn’t work. I ended up clicking on my phone and selecting “invite over director & co-stars” and a new director walked through the doors!