Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a some secret sign or plant or something that attracts Vampire to one's home?

dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
Some nights my Sim is visited by three or four or five Vampires at once.
She has a death plant growing on her porch. Does that attract Vampires?
I planted garlic by the front path, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Never had this problem before. Scared.

DpY5nYcU4AEp3sO.jpg:large

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Garlic is suppose to keep vampires away unless they have the perk that makes them impervious to it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Garlic is suppose to keep vampires away unless they have the perk that makes them impervious to it.

Not working. :o

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What town does your sim live at? The reason I ask is because some of the towns you will see many vampires come knocking at your sim's door at night time.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Not working. :o

Strange :\ Perhaps it's a bug from the latest patch?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I think its just a random thing that you can't control. Vampires are a little wonky, but usually harmless.
    I mean I only had one vampire throughout my entire time owning this pack actually break in and get my roommate. The rest just tend to play ding dong ditch.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Btw, locking all the doors (household members only) has worked for me, even against Vlad himself...though this was before the Nov. patch. Worth trying, anyway, in case it works for you, too.

If nothing else, you can enter each vamp's home and use cheats to reset all their vamp points. Then don't give them the ability to enter homes without permission, to resist garlic, to make more vampires, etc. Weaken those suckers! Then play without fear.

Don't forget to un-toggle the 'played households' button to put the vamps back in the 'unplayed' category, if that's what you'd prefer.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I get several vampires knocking on my Sims doors every night. Most of them though, that's as far as it goes, they never try to actually break-in. Oh and they're ALL elder townies, except for Caleb, Lilith and Vlad. Those three do try to break in. It's funny watching them go through the motions over and over again when they can't get in. I always lock bedroom doors to just household members and sometimes any doors leading outside.

Sometimes I'll leave the front door unlocked though. Vampires can be beneficial. After they give up trying to bite your Sims, they'll hang around for a bit, take out your trash, mop floors, etc., before they leave. lol Just make sure you lock any doors in rooms adjacent to locked bedrooms. They might not be able to actually bite your Sims, but they can and WILL still mesmerize them through a wall. I've had that happen a couple times. o.O
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The funniest thing I see in my game from time to time involving vampires and they are sneaking around, you know when they are getting ready to break in, when they show up only to realize there is another vampire already there, or even worst, one of the family members of the household is a vampire.

Or even better yet, this.

42096613_1114246608725633_4305495540742750208_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=c81092429dd27a8bf155506d9384f72b&oe=5C661B15
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    :lol: That's great, @Karababy52! I lock the house doors, so I've never had the vamps tidy up for me. I'm missing out!

@LaBlue0314 - that's just wonderful. Oh, my. :relieved:

I realized last night (while brushing my teeth; the sims have invaded my brain) that marking ALL vamps as played would solve the problem of unwanted vampire visits. My played vamps never go raiding on their own. Only the npc vampires do that. None of my npc-vamps have the uncontrollable-drinking issue, so I'm guessing that's not a trait that's given to npc vampires. If your game gets one somehow, you could always get rid of that trait with cheats.

If you have lots of households marked as played, this solution might not work for you--but then you can resort to cheating out all the strengths and dosing them with weaknesses to the extent allowed, and locking your doors. At least then you'll know they can't get into your homes.
  • Options
    All good advice. Thank you.

@LaBlue0314 Maybe I'll get an big territorial dog. :D
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Okay, but you might be onto something with the death flower thing. What if that really did attract more vampires?

I can't test this myself yet, but it would sure be an interesting hidden feature.

Also, did you check your lot traits? Vampire Nexus would likely attract a bunch, too. Probably.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    SnarlySnarly Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Tiarella said:
    > Btw, locking all the doors (household members only) has worked for me, even against Vlad himself...though this was before the Nov. patch. Worth trying, anyway, in case it works for you, too.
    >
    > If nothing else, you can enter each vamp's home and use cheats to reset all their vamp points. Then don't give them the ability to enter homes without permission, to resist garlic, to make more vampires, etc. Weaken those suckers! Then play without fear.
    >
    > Don't forget to un-toggle the 'played households' button to put the vamps back in the 'unplayed' category, if that's what you'd prefer.

Exactly what I do, and making them vulnerable to the sun too is amusing, watching them sit there and burn a bit before the discomfort drives them off lol.