Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home for the Holidays: A Christmas Story

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2019
    @AdamsEve1231 What a wonderful surprise! I've been missing this story. I also like the little bits you wrote on the Sims on Tumblr - I'm glad you like my Sims. :)
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2019
    Cross-posting for reference purposes. :)

@LegacySims2017 which version of my Simself would you use? I have several. :#

Came across your Duckson Legacy. I binged. I was looking for Granite Falls stories. I will comment soon. I especially liked the bears prank. ;)

Whichever sim selfie you want me to use? Just let me know which one you want me to use and you want to hook up with Joseph Simself III or be in the running for Generation 5 heir’s wifey.

Ah, the Duckson Legacy. Writing the Granite Falls chapters were fun. I should finish the hermit storyline for you. Did you know Bucky wrote a poem for one of @CathyTea ‘s characters? Poem for Meadow
    Would love to get back into having Bucky write poems for other sim characters.

@LegacySims2017 Meadow!!! I <3 all of @CathyTea's characters. She's such a kindhearted, resilient individual. I also love that she chose adoption. Not enough legacies/stories do. That's why @Maladi777's Kellie made me so happy.
    That and she's a redhead. :p I'm actually working on/creating a legacy challenge now (I'll probably post something soon) that allows adoption. I've just been enjoying playing the game instead of writing. It's not like I am lacking for projects/ stories.

I digress. I'd love to see more story about the hermit who captured so much imagination. The poem is beautiful. So fitting for Meadow. I had to chuckle at Jasper's "pop art" portrair of Bucky.

What a clever idea! A traveling poet, like the bards of old. I could see a whole story out of that so it'll be fun to see you finish the generation.

I'd love to have Bucky visit some of my Sims. I'll have to think about who. Perhaps he could visit/write about a Sim in my Home for the Holidays story.

I'm not sure which Simself is on the Gallery right now. I'll take a peek tomorrow and give you an answer. I'm on the fence about featuring my Simself early. Part of me wants to respect the challenge and wait till Gen 5 for fairness. The other part of me is impatient. And it would be fun to be in the same Gen as @friendsfan367. Her Sim is a riot in my game.

@AdamsEve1231 I’d be honored to have Bucky Duckson to maybe be in one chapter at least for Home for the Holidays story. He already knows Jasper by @CathyTea and would be a fun reunion collaboration.

If you decide to move forward with it, I will need a few days in advance to get the poem written for you. I would need the name of the person the poem is for, their aspiration, traits, and background info you’d like me to consider. Also, Bucky doesn’t rent rooms. He lives with others for whom he writes to. As you nicely put it, he is a traveling bard.

For those who do not know who Bucky is, he is a character in my Duckson Legacy. He is a Writer-In-Residence.

01.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Came across your Duckson Legacy. I binged. I was looking for Granite Falls stories. I will comment soon. I especially liked the bears prank. ;)

Whichever sim selfie you want me to use? Just let me know which one you want me to use and you want to hook up with Joseph Simself III or be in the running for Generation 5 heir’s wifey.

Ah, the Duckson Legacy. Writing the Granite Falls chapters were fun. I should finish the hermit storyline for you. Did you know Bucky wrote a poem for one of @CathyTea ‘s characters? Poem for Meadow

@LegacySims2017 Meadow!!! I <3 all of @CathyTea's characters. She's such a kindhearted, resilient individual. I also love that she chose adoption. Not enough legacies/stories do. That's why @Maladi777's Kellie made me so happy.
    That and she's a redhead. :p I'm actually working on/creating a legacy challenge now (I'll probably post something soon) that allows adoption. I've just been enjoying playing the game instead of writing. It's not like I am lacking for projects/ stories.

I digress. I'd love to see more story about the hermit who captured so much imagination. The poem is beautiful. So fitting for Meadow. I had to chuckle at Jasper's "pop art" portrair of Bucky.

What a clever idea! A traveling poet, like the bards of old. I could see a whole story out of that so it'll be fun to see you finish the generation.

I'd love to have Bucky visit some of my Sims. I'll have to think about who. Perhaps he could visit/write about a Sim in my Home for the Holidays story.

I'm not sure which Simself is on the Gallery right now. I'll take a peek tomorrow and give you an answer. I'm on the fence about featuring my Simself early. Part of me wants to respect the challenge and wait till Gen 5 for fairness. The other part of me is impatient. And it would be fun to be in the same Gen as @friendsfan367. Her Sim is a riot in my game.

@AdamsEve1231 I’d be honored to have Bucky Duckson to maybe be in one chapter at least for Home for the Holidays story. He already knows Jasper by @CathyTea and would be a fun reunion collaboration.

If you decide to move forward with it, I will need a few days in advance to get the poem written for you. I would need the name of the person the poem is for, their aspiration, traits, and background info you’d like me to consider. Also, Bucky doesn’t rent rooms. He lives with others for whom he writes to. As you nicely put it, he is a traveling bard.

For those who do not know who Bucky is, he is a character in my Duckson Legacy. He is a Writer-In-Residence.

01.jpg

Ohmigosh! That would be so fun for Jasper to get to see Bucky again! Jasper really enjoyed hosting Bucky when he was writer-in-residence. Bucky is one cool poet!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 What a wonderful surprise! I've been missing this story. I also like the little bits you wrote on the Sims on Tumblr - I'm glad you like my Sims. :)

You're welcome and thank you. I've been having fun posting on Tumblr when I can. Are you on Tumblr, @divanthesimmer? Let me know. I'm happy to follow you.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

You're welcome and thank you. I've been having fun posting on Tumblr when I can. Are you on Tumblr, @divanthesimmer? Let me know. I'm happy to follow you.

It's my pleasure. No, unfortunately I don't have a Tumblr account, but I like lurking there every once in a while. You can follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer if you want. :)
    phULnBI.png

01.jpg

That's awesome. Of course, @Legacysims2017, you have the time. I just featured Jasper so he probably won't be featured again for awhile. Jasper has a couch in his cottage. He might have a space for a cot. I'm sure he should set one up for Bucky. This is such a cool idea!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

01.jpg

That's awesome. Of course, @Legacysims2017, you have the time. I just featured Jasper so he probably won't be featured again for awhile. Jasper has a couch in his cottage. He might have a space for a cot. I'm sure he should set one up for Bucky. This is such a cool idea!

Doesn’t have to be Jasper’s place. Would just be a fun reunion.

Who is Bucky writing the poem for? Maybe the Bright sisters?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    What exactly is a writer in residence?
    Shadami wrote: »
    What exactly is a writer in residence?

Dictionary: a writer holding a temporary residential post in an academic establishment, in order to share their professional insights

I expanded on that with my sim to also include residential establishments.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    That's pretty cool, not sure I've heard of it before though I feel I should have xD
    A little preview for tomorrow's chapter with a certain pointy-eared girl...
    01-08-19_10-16-19-pm.png?w=1024&h=576

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    A little preview for tomorrow's chapter with a certain pointy-eared girl...
    01-08-19_10-16-19-pm.png?w=1024&h=576

Can't wait! :smiley:
    phULnBI.png
    edited January 2019
    Newest chapter out today. Some of you have already read. Thanks.

01-08-19_10-17-05-pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    The Fourth Day, Part Two (Elle)

“How now brown cow!” the girl lifted her hand in greeting.
    The girl seemed to wait endlessly, the earnest smile on her face never faltering. Elle relaxed into a bemused sigh and said the first words that came to mind.

Enjoy! featuring @Cathy Tea's Cathy Tea and Jasper McCumber and @divanthesimmer's Gracie Goode.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231
    You want Bucky to write a poem still? If so, we can collaborate in private if you want.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @AdamsEve1231
    You want Bucky to write a poem still? If so, we can collaborate in private if you want.

Ah yes. PM me and we can chat details.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Did some catch-up reading this weekend. What a great story so far @AdamsEve1231
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

Thank you so much, @SoulGal7.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

I agree - and it's not just because my characters are featured in your story, lol! You really have a way of writing that I love and you make the characters come to life, bringing out their inner personalities. I'm always excited for the next chapter!
    phULnBI.png

I agree - and it's not just because my characters are featured in your story, lol! You really have a way of writing that I love and you make the characters come to life, bringing out their inner personalities. I'm always excited for the next chapter!

Thank you, @divanthesimmer, for your kind words. :blush:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Thank you, @divanthesimmer, for your kind words. :blush:

You're very welcome, @AdamsEve1231! :)
    phULnBI.png
    edited January 2019
    New Home for the Holidays chapter, and I've got a little poll today to help me decide who should be the fifth featured Sim. :) It's fun to have interaction with my readers.

...and probably one of my favorite pictures from the chapter...

01-08-19_10-33-29-pm.png?w=1024&h=576

The Fourth Day, Part Three (Elle) featuring @divanthesimmer's Mrs. Clause, Margarita Mixer, and Spencer Goode

Enjoy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hello! I'm resurrecting this thread... and resurrecting this story. You'll see a couple chapters from me really soon. Here's a little preview of the character appearing in the next chapter.
    6yxamOu.png

Maybe you'll recognize her from another story of mine on hiatus!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    I didn't forget about it, but I think I need to backread because it looks like I missed a couple chapters? XD
    Shadami wrote: »
    I didn't forget about it, but I think I need to backread because it looks like I missed a couple chapters? XD

Hooray! Looking forward to your thoughts. Sasha makes an appearance in today's chapter.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Home-for-the-Holidays.png?w=676&h=238
    Hey everyone, merry Christmas... sort of! Haha. I have a late holiday present for you all - the resurrection of this thread and the Home for the Holidays (H4TH) story. I promise I haven't forgotten about it or your submitted Sims. :)

Today's chapter features Merry Bright, my YA Simselfie (pre-my-CC-craze phase... oh that fresh face! Haha!), and a few other appearances of Sims you submitted like Sasha Pierce (@Shadami) and Kris Jingle (@Soulgal7). More chapters coming soon... I hope. Mentions of @CathyTea's Cathy Tea (and her infamous bad teamaking experience - I'm sure the real CT makes lovely tea) and @VanPelt81's Ebenezer Snow (I swear, that guy is camera shy). :D

DM00X3u.png
    The Fifth Day, Pt. 1 (Merry Bright)
    Sit down, enjoy a hot beverage of your choice, and a pastry from All Things Bright and Beautiful Bakery with today's chapter!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest