Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

drama ideas you want in sims4

I want more unexpected events like alien abduction
and your sim being able to save or help other sims when they go out
I want them to be able to confess to cheating and to be able to get a whim to get a divorce and to be able to talk to the kids about it
I also want death by meteor to return
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Cookie o' CrumbleCookie o' Crumble Posts: 122 Member
    i think the sims team took a really different approach when creating the Sims 4. I think they were aiming for more of a sandbox where you as the player chose what happen and storytell the way you want to, instead of the game throwing curveballs at you like a strategy game. I totally agree tho, I would love some unexpected twists but I dont know if we will ever get it
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2018
    i think the sims team took a really different approach when creating the Sims 4. I think they were aiming for more of a sandbox where you as the player chose what happen and storytell the way you want to, instead of the game throwing curveballs at you like a strategy game. I totally agree tho, I would love some unexpected twists but I dont know if we will ever get it

well if we did what ones would you like to have the most
    I would like to see robbers and maybe a chance to get kidnapped by fairies
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Robberies.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    - Robberies (as mentioned above)
    - I'd also like cheating on your partner to be more dramatic (like in Sims 2 for example) because in Sims 4 even if you're cheating on your partner right in front of them, they're just kinda angry looking but don't really react to it in a ''realistic'' way. (and I'm too lazy to make them yell at the cheating partner because I'm kind of a passive player and just let my sims live their lives on their own for the most part)
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    as mentioned above robbers confess to cheating
    also
    if your sim is marrying an npc sim and their relationsip bar is not really high he can chicken out at the altar and run away this could happen in ts2 and was so dramatic i loved it
    miss crumplebottom
    sims can break up with you
    sims you stole the partner from will fight you or argue with you
    npc sims can ask to be boyfriend or girlfriend or propose
    npc sims can ask to move in together
    i think the best way for this to be implmented is if it was optional since not everyone wants this that way everyone is happy
    edited December 2018
    I wish sim children and other family members would react to parents cheating like in TS3 and TS2 as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    Oh I remember the robberies from the older sims so well because I would never have any alarms in my house haha. :D Also I remember the alien abductions where they would get abducted and come back pregnant.
    xbeou9.jpg
    Oh I remember the robberies from the older sims so well because I would never have any alarms in my house haha. :D Also I remember the alien abductions where they would get abducted and come back pregnant.

Alien abductions are in the game. But I don't think they trigger unless you are in the scientist career sadly. I think the probability is like 0.9%or something. It gets higher if you have a lot of space rocks and aliens in your lot similar to TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    This would be so great. I'd be happy if they added like a game pack that focused on more drama and unexpected events. I also want Sims that dislike each other, that have red bars and despise each other.. that they do not even want to be in the same room as the other Sim and if they are, then they will walk up to them and pick fights, slap them, flick their nose (lol), start arguments, be in a bad mood that their "enemy" is in the same area as them. I want them to "Gossip" about them, spread lies, make it mess with their reputation and things like that.

I mentioned in another thread. I'd love consequences. :(
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Houses on fire, burnt to the ground, flooding, tornadoes, you know, big stuff that changes a neighborhood.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    This would be so great. I'd be happy if they added like a game pack that focused on more drama and unexpected events. I also want Sims that dislike each other, that have red bars and despise each other.. that they do not even want to be in the same room as the other Sim and if they are, then they will walk up to them and pick fights, slap them, flick their nose (lol), start arguments, be in a bad mood that their "enemy" is in the same area as them. I want them to "Gossip" about them, spread lies, make it mess with their reputation and things like that.

I mentioned in another thread. I'd love consequences. :(

I would love this
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Alien abductions are in the game. But I don't think they trigger unless you are in the scientist career sadly. I think the probability is like 0.9%or something. It gets higher if you have a lot of space rocks and aliens in your lot similar to TS3.

yes it needs to be higher
    Hejix wrote: »
    Houses on fire, burnt to the ground, flooding, tornadoes, you know, big stuff that changes a neighborhood.

things that change the neighborhood would be great I would also like it if our sims could save other sims as a firefighter or life guard
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I need more of the unexpected and not anything ridiculous like die from laughter.

Lets start with cheating...
    I want to bring back the furious thing from sims 2. When caught cheating, if slapping is not politically correct anymore "sigh" then let the sims yell at each other and literally be furious. Every time they see that sim they should start arguing with them. I really want the emotion to be directed at the sim they are angry with not just be angry in general. Maybe the portrait can be go red and tick down like it did in Sims 4.

Fires need to be more deadly. Sims always seem to survive. I don't think I have seen a sim die by fire yet.

Is drowning a thing anymore??

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back burglars. I like the surprise robberies.

We need fears in the game. If they are going to die from an emotion, I rather it be scared to death. Fear could cause fainting, peeing on self, death, running away, hiding under the covers, panic attacks etc.
  • MrPhillosiphtonMrPhillosiphton Posts: 22 Member
    For example, what happen if someone's friend or a family member is found that he/she secretly is a criminal, a spy, or has a new fiancé?
    I bet that they will be upset each other sometimes.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I need more of the unexpected and not anything ridiculous like die from laughter.

Lets start with cheating...
    I want to bring back the furious thing from sims 2. When caught cheating, if slapping is not politically correct anymore "sigh" then let the sims yell at each other and literally be furious. Every time they see that sim they should start arguing with them. I really want the emotion to be directed at the sim they are angry with not just be angry in general. Maybe the portrait can be go red and tick down like it did in Sims 4.

Fires need to be more deadly. Sims always seem to survive. I don't think I have seen a sim die by fire yet.

Is drowning a thing anymore??

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back burglars. I like the surprise robberies.

We need fears in the game. If they are going to die from an emotion, I rather it be scared to death. Fear could cause fainting, peeing on self, death, running away, hiding under the covers, panic attacks etc.

I agree with you @keekee53
  • TikomoiTikomoi Posts: 10 New Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    if slapping is not politically correct anymore

[...]

> Is drowning a thing anymore??

We already have slapping. It's under "malicious" interaction (in french it's called "donner une bonne baffe"). Well, it's a "funny" slapping, but it's not more "cartoonish" than the slapping after being caught cheating in sims 2. "sigh".

And yes drowning is still a thing. Cf: any (recent) sims 4 death compilation.

---
    I want to "invite to a fake party" interaction to have consequences. It might already have and I didn't notice, but I would like the person invited to a fake party to later call you asking why no one is there.

Having teenager and children who stays late after the curfew be brought back by the police if you have GTW (and parenthood obviously, since curfew came with parenthood).

Unexpected pregnancy? Tho optional. Right now I have a system where every time I want my fertile couples to woohoo I pick a random number between 1 and 10, and if it's 1 I make them try for baby, not woohoo, and I tell myself that, oops, the condom had a problem. But I would like the thing to be automatic (I know there are mods for that, but I'd rather not use mod).

NPC being able to propose to you, break up with you... RANDOM NPC being able to propose to you, break up with you...

You can choose to adopt, I would like to be "forced" to adopt too. Like, everything is fine, next thing you learn: your cousin is dead and you are the only person in the family able to take care of their child. Do you accept that responsibility? (bonus point if the child turns out magical).

Burglars, obviously (but letting them be optional, just like extreme weathers)

Broken limbs (if we ever get a free disability pack I think this is where it can be added.)
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited December 2018
    Death to meteor would be nice.
    ALSO Evil sims in this game are pretty... useless, all they can do is TROLL people, they don't get any ability to actually do evil aka ripping other sims and then getting arrested for it, yes I want sims that commit acts such as robbery and murder and go to jail for it, it adds drama and !!!FUN!!! to the sim world + immersion, perfect for RPing. ALSO this game is rated T for teen so why not add that? I've seen a lot of violent T rated games so adding such content shouldn't be that hard to do as long as it's not TOO graphical, too graphical = M for mature. lol

Example to Evil sims ripping other sims:

- Vampire sim RIP's victim with vamp bite. However if the victim has a stick there is a chance they can defend themselves thus a fight happens and the vampire ends up dead with a stick in their chest.

- Were Wolf sim Attacks victim and they get into a fight, a fight cloud happens as usual, fight ends, the victim lays dead on the ground while there were wolf howls, then death comes to claim the victims soul. If the victim has a silver dagger; he can use that to defend himself and thus the were wolf may die in combat if the wolf looses the fight.

- Witches casting magic like Ice, fire, lighting and there are chances of them ripping other sims.

- Criminal sim pops into the scene, he has a knife, he targets a victim, he attacks the victim, a fight happens, dust cloud happens as usual, fight ends, the victim is laying on the ground dead, HOWEVER there is a twist with this fight, if the criminal fails he will be the one dead at the end of the fight = the victim survives. I thought about adding guns but I dunno... I can see this being super effective if killing were wolves with a silver bullet but yea. OH YES! if there are any witnesses around to see what just happen; they will autonomously call the cops and flee the scene to evade being ripped by the evil murder sim, the cop will show up and attack the evil sim, if cop wins the evil sim will be jailed, if the evil sim wins; he will be able to make a run for it. This also applies for robbing sims outside of home lot or in NPC townie house; they will autonomously call the cops and you get the rest. :P

Oh yes! If a evil sim tries to rip someone; there is a possibility that a sim with the brave trait may step in and try to save the victim thus a epic battle happens, if hero sim wins, evil may flee or RIP in combat, if evil sim wins; the hero sim may rip; sacrificing himself in order to save the victim. (wonder if victim should flee the scene; I would assume so, probably for NPC sims)

OH yes! in sims 3 Evil Aliens had the ability to drop meteors on their victims, I thought that was an epic feature, such features should remain, it's perfect for RP.

Sorry for sounding like the grim reaper of the sims but I can't help it. LOL!

Oh!!! and there's more!
    As for the autonomous events...

Lot traits could be used for autonomous interactions like whoohoo, try for baby, the evil events (Stated from above) etc.

ALSO holiday tradition could be used for story progressing inactive sims, here are some examples:

- The Get Married tradition allows inactive sims to get autonomously married, ALSO there is a chance that one of the sims you know of may call you by phone and invite you to their wedding; which would be a very cool feature.

- The Fall in love tradition autonomously gets inactive sims to romance each other without us having to force them to be in love, however! there is a catch! this tradition will cause the sims to have affairs and thus cheating happens which can lead to DRAMA!!!

- Then there is a Breeding tradition which causes inactive sims to autonomously get pregnant and have children, however they will only breed depending on the amount of beds that are in their home which keeps them from overpopulating their home, I had this issue with the MCCC mod and it was annoying, a small home and it was overpopulated with sims and there was like 1 or 2 beds which was enough for 2 or 3 sims. As for the homeless sims, they can keep breeding since they have no restrictions. LOL!

- There is also the Moving tradition which causes inactive sims to move in and out of the lots. HOWEVER! not all sims will want to move; just only some.

Edit: I suggested these autonomous features as lot traits/ traditions so we can have the option to have these events play out; that way some simmers can play it with or without random special events THUS no one complains! ALSO sorry for some of my idea's not being dramatic but it can lead to them eventually. :)
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The game needs a bit more violence, even if it is slapstick in style.

If you catch your SO cheating, throw a cream pie at them.
    03355830c5fcc23988d335c583c317a6_original.gif?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=639&fit=max&v=1438872597&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=857e3138800175ee23529546f2fc2caa

Or smash their favourite record
    giphy.gif

Or lamps...
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    chaplin2.gif

ANd I wouldn't mind some slappy fights
    Tled.gif
    tenor.gif?itemid=10262723
    tenor.gif?itemid=11007826

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »

03355830c5fcc23988d335c583c317a6_original.gif?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=639&fit=max&v=1438872597&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=857e3138800175ee23529546f2fc2caa

giphy.gif

Or lamps...
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    chaplin2.gif

Tled.gif

I agree and lol @Movotti
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

giphy.gif

Or lamps...
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    chaplin2.gif

Tled.gif

LOL love it. This would work for me as long as the sims stay angry with that person for a while. I get annoyed when my sims get into a fight and end up talking like nothing happened.

giphy.gif

Or lamps...
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    chaplin2.gif

Tled.gif

LOL love it. This would work for me as long as the sims stay angry with that person for a while. I get annoyed when my sims get into a fight and end up talking like nothing happened.

me to that needs to be fixed
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited December 2018
    Speaking about guns... I recently got a idea! use a phaser gun to rip sims! Great for evil sims to use and it's not graphical! :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
    I want ghosts to stage their death scene like in TS2 and I want their ghost scare to be an autonomous mean interaction that gives negative relationship points. Also want ghost sims to be angry if their alive spouse has re-married.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1