Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Glitch. Can't start acting.

My sim is at the studio and I clicked on tell the director they were ready to start. Some conversation started with some other sim I (think) I cancelled it. The task on the list didn't get fulfilled, but all the stage crew is standing in place and the actors are on their marks. I can't find the option to tell the director I'm ready anymore, I can't click on the glowing marks to start a scene, the different scenes don't appear on the task list.

I can't start acting!

What do I do?

Comments

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Oh, well. I couldn't figure any way out of the situation, so I just went back to the previous save.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Something similar happened to me in the middle of a scene. I suddenly realized that I could not click the remaining Xs on stage to complete the job. Never figured out what caused it.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I've experienced that the gig isn't complete, even though I've done all the scenes. Luckily, loading helped (I always save right before shooting). Another glitch I've experienced was on the set of a doctor show or whatever, and when it was time for the "treat patient" scene, my sim just waved and shrugged, as if something was blocking the way. Loading didn't help there, so I just had to abort the day and stay away from that particular gig.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    I've experienced that the gig isn't complete, even though I've done all the scenes. Luckily, loading helped (I always save right before shooting).

I tried saving and loading that time, but everything was exactly the same as before. Since I had the new save, I found the earlier save file and started over. I my case I think I accidentally cancelled the action (tell director you're ready) at the exact wrong time. It triggered all the npcs to move to new locations, but the task screen didn't get informed of the action.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    I've experienced that the gig isn't complete, even though I've done all the scenes. Luckily, loading helped (I always save right before shooting).

I tried saving and loading that time, but everything was exactly the same as before. Since I had the new save, I found the earlier save file and started over. I my case I think I accidentally cancelled the action (tell director you're ready) at the exact wrong time. It triggered all the npcs to move to new locations, but the task screen didn't get informed of the action.

That's too bad, actions made at the exact wrong time can do that, unfortunately. :/
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    crinrict wrote: »

This. :smile: If you have questions about AHQ, this thread will hopefully clear them up: Sims 4 Help Center Updates.

That in mind I'm closing this out now.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top