Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Desperate for cash!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Since your sim is a high level programmer you could go to the geekcon and enter the contest. I can't remember what the prize is but it's worth a lot of money around $5000 . It's either a t.v. or a computer. Also if you go to the Flea market and buy everything , then your sim can sell it for a profit.
    And as not being able to hire a gardener , try forming a garden club . Just make sure you harvest it yourself before you call a gathering. They should just maintain it by watering , weeding and spraying for bugs.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Frn0731 Pretty sure it's a computer, my sim won it a few times. GeekCon didn't happen the week where I needed the cash, unfortunately. (And was rained out the next two times it came up after that too...darn rain...).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    I always befriended some people living alone and then moved them in so I can get their founds. I kept their furniture to replace some of my own and sold the rest. Then I fed them with a cowplant so I can get life potions to cheer up my sims when needed.
    This is how my sim became a billionaire😅

Other than murdering the neighbourhood, I collected things, used the money trash can, wrote a tons of books and painted a bit anf did some gardening. And hacked the bank through the computer.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Oh, sweet, so the same table that is at festivals works on residential lots, I didn't know that! Awesome, thank you @MsKatieRose.

That's so cool, means my sims can have yard sales. Wish I'd have known that sooner, always assumed it was tied to retail lots. Don't ask me why I made that assumption other than...I think that's how it was in TS2, and I sometimes get caught in preconception based on past games in the series.

Yep, also the street gallery can be used in the same way to sell paintings in the yard at a huge markup. But they're both buggy atm, so if you use them on a residential lot, lock all doors so customers can't get inside. Otherwise, they enter the house and completely ignore the table/art gallery.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @Stormkeep: you can find a music mixing table on the second level of the museum in DSV. And yes, it's useable ☺. Also, if you can manage 8000 simoleons you can get a money fruit seed to plant. Use the set gardeing atate to mature it & you'll get at least 8000 each harvest.
  • Options
    BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    motherlode.
    Just Motherlode.