Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever forget about your babies?

In my game, my two adult sims recently moved into a larger apartment (the 3 story one at 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse). They have triplet girls and just had a new baby, on the same day the triplets aged from toddler to child.

First day of school for the girls led to school projects for all 3, so I had the adults helping with their homework and projects...and completely forgot there was a baby in the house. The baby was on the far end of the lot, so I didn't hear it crying until i got the message about a social worker coming if I didn't care for it.

I feel so badly!

Help me feel better...tell me I'm not the only one that this happens to.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've done it. I tend to move the baby cribs to the living room and don't put them in the nursery until they age into toddlers now because of it. Also, I don't know if you've had it happen but be really careful with your babies right now...I had Social Services actually come and take my baby away. It was showing in the green (happy) and not that it needed anything at all when I got the message, "Because you neglected this child Social Services has whisked her away to safety."
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well... no. To me, babies are like this annoying chore at work that you keep postponing, but in the end, it always stays in your head because you know you'll have to take care of it at some point. So no, I've never forgotten about the few babies my sims have had since I installed Parenthood.

Before that, I couldn't forget about them simply because I always aged them up immediately after being born, now I tend to keep them around a little longer because they're great at helping adults build the Parenting skill... which is pretty much all they're good for anyway... *cough*
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @duhboy2u2, OMG, i'd be so crushed if the social services took away a baby without me even getting a warning first. I'll need to make sure I'm saving more frequently so I can recover if it does happen. Thanks for the warning!

@grumpyglowfish, I hear you there...if I wasn't so sentimental I imagine I'd view them the same way. They only take a few days to age up on their own though, and I like how they pretty much make the parents have to be on their toes, lose sleep, etc....cause, that is what babies do.

My sim dad just got parenting to 10 while the baby was still a baby...first time I've ever had a 10 skill parent with a baby in the house (I don't generally have this many children in a single household in one generation). That super-baby-care ability is pretty freaking awesome.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Yup my baby bassinets go in the hallway between the playroom and master bedroom so they're always in immediate view. I'm currently trying to get the "10 children in a generation" point on the legacy challenge so I'm up to my eyeballs in babies. Six down...
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • SimityPaigeSimityPaige Posts: 12 New Member
    all the time, its sad. i use the fertile aspiration trait a lot, so when my sim has like 2/3 babies, i forget about at least one..

i need to shape up.
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I sometimes do until I see the baby avatar in bright blue at the bottom of the screen! My house is big so I don't usually hear them cry, I have to go by the color of the baby avatar (and just check on them every so often). Especially if I also have a toddler or two at the time, baby tends to take the backseat (since toddlers are more demanding, and more fun, let's be honest here). I think the game's treatment of babies being objects doesn't help... it's much easier to forget when you can't really interact with them or take them away from the bassinet.
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    Oh I always forget about my babies. I'm not sure if its my mod but I sometimes end up with triplets and at least one of them gets taken away haha which means I should probably stop having them.
    xbeou9.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I never do. I'd feel so bad if one was taken away.
    Which is weird cause as soon as they grow into toddlers I check quickly what they look like as grown ups to decide whether they're cute enough to be the heir/heiress and if not I mvoe them out with relatives anyway lol.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    LOL .. no I can't help you feel better. I'm such a micromanager that my sims are basically housebound (or one is) with a baby. Never had one taken away, but to be fair I don't play a lot of larger families due to the stress of managing it and those types of situations. I'm really protective of babies, toddlers, kids and pets even though I think of myself as a deviant player lol. I even keep houses smaller or put them in areas so they are the center of attention/care until I age them up.
    I have visited sims with babies and stayed long enough to see the warning. I'd hop to it on my sim to take care of them (and give the dog a bath), then leave the lot before anything bad could happen.
    I will say I should lighten up and just be willing to reload a prior save though or maybe just play it out for once.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes I do. Babies are super forgettable in TS4. They don't do anything, they don't even move from the bassinet. You just go to them, feed them, occasionally change their diaper and rarely socialize with them so they stop crying. I only remember them whenever I get a pop up ahaha.

You can't bathe them, you can hardly play with them, there are no objects for them to interact with, zero.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I have several times - especially in a big house where you can't hear them cry especially since I play the music loud!. I eventually notice the color of the baby icon. I do not think I have ever gotten a warning from social services though.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited December 2018
    I've gotten that warning a few times. I'm not always the best at keeping an eye on the babies. :D
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I don't....because I age them up immediately after birth :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited December 2018
    Sometimes. You can’t really escape from their anoying cries and the threat of the social worker taking them away, lol. :lol:

But... Sims 4 babies are blah to me compared to past babies, and some of my sims barely noticed those babies, which becomes an irritating problem over time, so I’m planning to age the babies faster than I usually do.

I do sometimes forget the object babies exist at times because they’re forever stuck in a bassinet like a Sims 1 baby. (Until they start to cry, and then I remembered how annoying they were, lol.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Its so easy to forget about them if they arent in immediate view! I usually just keep an eye on their avatars in the bottom left. Its the easiest way for me. Otherwise the social worker will show up! They are quick.....
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No - I'm always keeping an eye on their icon on the screen. Also, I think they're cute, even if limited, so I put them in the nearest room, viewpoint-wise. However, I also have small households - never more than three Sims, and autonomy is always off.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I usually don’t forget, but most of my houses aren’t mansions. I’ve gotten the warnings a few times though.

Sometimes, especially if you just entered the game or your sim went to a community lot and the baby went to daycare, you come home but the baby won’t cry when they’re hungry. It must be a little glitch or something. Thankfully, you’ll still get the notification that the baby is too hungry.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Actually, I age up babies at the first opportunity.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I often age them up unless there's a reason not to. Like, right now my sim's brother is expecting his first child, and I want the cousins to be close in age so I'll wait until after the baby is born to age my current baby up. I used to forget about them when I first started playing, but now everyone's engrossed in them. It's easier when there are grandparents living in the house. My current grandpa is obsessed with the baby, so he usually takes care of them before I have to tell anyone to. His father was the same way with him and his sister. His daughter is also a good mom and very attentive. I had sims in other family who couldn't care less about the babies, though. Bella and Mortimer Goth didn't care much about their twins in one of my saves. Cassandra actually took care of them more than her parents, lol.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    In my game, my two adult sims recently moved into a larger apartment (the 3 story one at 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse). They have triplet girls and just had a new baby, on the same day the triplets aged from toddler to child.

First day of school for the girls led to school projects for all 3, so I had the adults helping with their homework and projects...and completely forgot there was a baby in the house. The baby was on the far end of the lot, so I didn't hear it crying until i got the message about a social worker coming if I didn't care for it.

I feel so badly!

Help me feel better...tell me I'm not the only one that this happens to.

I miss the baby-monitors we had in Sims3. And I feel badly when I have a toddler in the house whose attention level is in the red. I've also had too many pop-ups telling me how hungry the baby is. I love a full household, and most of the time (or so I think) I can keep up. So, when I don't actually see to each and every Sims' needs I feel lousy. You're not in any way alone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Not so much, since Sims seem to actually take care of the babies with little to no influence from me.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2018
    I do forget about them sometimes. Especially if I don't use my headphones and can't hear the annoying wailing cries. :s
    One time I must've forgotten to check before saving because as soon as I opened my game the kid was whisked away. I just went with it and played it off as the baby died it made for a great storyline.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    It has happened. Though I can't stand the baby stage (it's not just TS4, I've always hated the baby stage and have always aged them up the minute a cheat or method presented itself in each version of the game) so I pretty much age them up to toddlers immediately these days.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Nope. I always keep the babies in the nursery. I tend to keep track of the icons at the bottoms, if they turn blue I know the baby is crying and needs something so I can attend to them immediately.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    wish for multiplies you could hire two nannies and not just one
    6adMCGP.gif