Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move sim and all possessions across save files?

Is there a way to move a sim with all of their inventory possessions and wealth to a new save file?

I tried saving my sim from CAS and placing them in the other save file world only to discover that they had an empty inventory and only the basic $20000 a newly created sim starts out with.

Any one know if keeping wealth and inventory is possible?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited December 2018
    The only way you can save their stuff would be to place it out in the open in either a room, and save the room to your library, or just save the whole house depending on what you want to do. Don't have anything in any type of things you can store stuff in, that won't save. (Bookshelves, refrigerator, or any other type of storage item) All their stuff can then be quickly put back into their inventory in the new game save after you put it down on the new lot in the new game save. If money is an issue, you can first place it down, enter the freerealestate cheat, and then move your new sim in. There are other money cheats you can use to adjust the amount they currently have in their household funds. This way if you want you can also give them what they currently have in their household funds in your old game save if you so choose.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    @LaBlue0314 ohh good point, could I use the vault from GF to hold all my money?

(Tbh I don’t even know where or how to get the vault)
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited December 2018
    I just completed the move. The vault idea did not work, it just placed an empty vault when I placed the lot. I had to cheat my money back in. Thanks again.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for checking back in @KirbySkywalker, I was curious if the vault would work and hadn't tested it yet.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    Is there a way to get a photograph from one save to another? I had one of my main characters in my main save since base game, before photography came out. Her husband died before I ever got the chance to have a picture of him. I started a new save recently and I see him walking around. He's an npc. I want so badly to take a picture of him and get it to my other sims in a different save, but not sure how or if that's possible. Any clues?
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited February 2019
    soko37 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get a photograph from one save to another? I had one of my main characters in my main save since base game, before photography came out. Her husband died before I ever got the chance to have a picture of him. I started a new save recently and I see him walking around. He's an npc. I want so badly to take a picture of him and get it to my other sims in a different save, but not sure how or if that's possible. Any clues?

I think if you take the photo, place it in a small room, upload to the Library/Gallery using the Room Option, then redownload it into your other Save, the photo will be in the room. You make have to tick the checkbox in the Library/Gallery that allows you to see Custom Content, as I think Photos are considered CC.

Edit:
    Also, keep in mind Tombstones/Urns can't be transferred through the Library/Gallery successfully. They download without an "occupant."
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member

I think if you take the photo, place it in a small room, upload to the Library/Gallery using the Room Option, then redownload it into your other Save, the photo will be in the room. You make have to tick the checkbox in the Library/Gallery that allows you to see Custom Content, as I think Photos are considered CC.

Edit:
    Also, keep in mind Tombstones/Urns can't be transferred through the Library/Gallery successfully. They download without an "occupant."

Photographs aren't CC as far as I know. I've saved a house to the gallery with photos of sims in it twice, and neither house was tagged as having CC. The photos even downloaded with the houses.
    image.png
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

Edit:

Photographs aren't CC as far as I know. I've saved a house to the gallery with photos of sims in it twice, and neither house was tagged as having CC. The photos even downloaded with the houses.

Ah, thanks, that was a rumor that I heard, but I could have it confused with Paintings that are created by Sims in a different Save.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member

Edit:

Omg. You just blew my mind. What a good idea. Thanks so much. Gonna try it now
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2019
    I hope this isn't considered necro posting since the thread is only two months old. I have a question though concerning this topic and felt it was the most appropriate thread. Anyway....

I started a brand new save game without using my custom template as an experiment to see if the bugs from the latest big patch would be truly fixed or not. It's a generally accepted practice to do that under the advice of Devs. Unfortunately, this completely new, untouched Maxis save has more bugs than I had in my custom template and some others made even worse. I don't know if the bugs supposedly fixed in the patch are still happening in this save because I haven't run into a scenario yet that would activate them.

However, there are enough bugs in it that I'd like to go back to using my custom template. I have many, many saves I could just go back to playing, and I will at some point. But, I really, really like the new Sim I made in the Maxis save for one thing and would like to keep playing with her for a number of other reasons. She's the first Sim I've given the Doctor career and I'd like to get her to the top if possible, plus she's pregnant and I'm curious to see how the baby(s) will look like mixing her genetics with Akira Kibo who is the Father.

Some other reasons would be that I just miss my own Townies, modified Premades, lots and venues. So my questions would be, if I put her in a new save;

1. Will my Sim lose her position in the Doctor career? She's at Level 5 right now on the cusp of a promotion.
    2. Will she still be pregnant? She's just a few hours away from the third trimester.
    3. Will Akira Kibo still be listed as the Father in the Family Tree? She hasn't even told him she's pregnant yet. He has no idea. They're not married or living together. I haven't decided if she'll be a single Mom or if they'll get married yet. But I'd like that option to be available if possible. I'm guessing she'll lose the relationship with him and all her previous relationships in the new save. It would be nice though if he was still listed as the Father. Not technically necessary, but it would be sad.

Other than her career, she hasn't got very much else since she's quite new. I could put a copy of her lot in my library to put back down for her and I'll take stuff out of her personal and household inventory to put on the lot. She only really has a stack of sage anyway. Thanks and I hope it was okay to post this here. o.O

Happy Simming! <3
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @Karababy52 if you put Akira in her household through manage worlds and save them together to your library, he should still be listed as the father of the child and she will still be pregnant. Of course, once you put them together into the other save, you can delete the premade Akira of that save and replace him with the Akira that is the father of the child. Then they don't have to be living together, and the family tree remains intact. The romantic relationship between them, however, will be lost, but can be built up again easily.
    She will retain her job and any skills she may have, but not the contents of her inventory.

Hope this helps!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @afai1261 Fabulous! Thank you so much, that's brilliant! I didn't even think about just putting him in the household and saving them together, I'll do that. Thanks again! *happy dance* <3