Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Use Live Drag?

Our Sim God Hand allows us to help our little Sims out in their day to day life. Do you use it or do you prefer to help lead your Sims through suggestions instead?

Do You Use Live Drag? 175 votes

Yes - My Sims need not worry about cleaning up trash, dirty dishes, picking up pet poo or even remembering to put their food away.
34%
IcewolfLaBlue0314xbecky685xPlayerSinger2010mcruddasimbsimAeroprincess87alejandro15039Scarbo27alanmichael1barracuda1574stilljustme2sekojranakeenowPinkHairGuitarAnthonydyerduhboy2u2deedles64phantasmkissfloridameerkat 61 votes
No - I tell them to clean up everything ... And then watch them do it.
20%
Kita5399SimmervillenekotlcStormkeepWritin_ReginvisiblgirlBagoas77luthienrisingCinebarladybreidhunniboo1taydevRavager619Francl27CogshellSigzy05BrittanyChick22Bearpal64ArchieonicShepard 36 votes
Meh - It doesn't really bother me either way.
44%
Akl500Ptams2578JaiSeaGalacticGaljeepjeepcatIceyJEIisabettaAlexaiSasquatch7SimpatsyannIsb917joelygirlsims2vik92MeteoraStormelanorbretonkerryemmiebethPoppyRichardsNivyxMsShaShaSimberella777 78 votes

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I will move leftovers to the fridge and grab food for the toddlers but everything else they have to do themselves.
    ~ ~ ~
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    it depends, really. i might drag an empty plate to the sink if the dishwasher's busy, for example, and dragging food to toddlers is way easier, but i mostly get my sims to do it
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Yes - My Sims need not worry about cleaning up trash, dirty dishes, picking up pet poo or even remembering to put their food away.
    Chores in a game is boring. If I can do it, I'll clean the mess up for my Sims.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Sometimes. I don't really have a personal rule against doing it, but typically I prefer to just let them handle it themselves.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I use it to put meals on my dining room table for my rich sims since their butlers can't ever be bothered to bring the plate to the table. Argh! Sorry, that just really irks me.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited December 2018
    If my sims are too busy to clean something up themselves, then I'll handle it. If not, I'll sometimes have them go around and clean up dishes, especially if I know there's a possibility they've placed something up on a high half-wall or beneath an object I can't reach. I don't really see anything wrong with cleaning up after them, though. It's not realistic, but just think about how cool it'd be to have a bunch of dishes to clean up just to find them all cleaned and put away? :lol:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    Yes cuz it's a waste of time waiting for them to do it unless they are already in the same room.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I let kids and teens do it when they are scouts or I am working on their character traits. But other than that I usually do it myself and spare my sim of such a mundane task, specially if they host a party or a dinner.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Only because I can never get it to work for me.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I drag everything my sims have left out when my sims are asleep or at work. Other times, I’ll just drag everything.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Absolutely ALL the time.

I just wish I could move more things using Live Drag.
    Or, that I could stack dirty dishes myself before putting them in a dishwasher.
    Pfft, who starts the dishwasher for a single plate! Me apparantly.

But especially for stuff like Paintings and food, I like dragging those things myself.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    A bit of both. I hate it when food spoils, so I usually drag plates to the fridge immediately.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited December 2018
    About 90% of the time I'll have my sim take care of it, and they do this without me telling them to. But there is that 10% where I will give them that helping hand.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    edited December 2018

Normally if there are kids in the house I make them clean up as a chore to gain some responsibility. Other than that I normally just put leftovers in the fridge and grab food for toddlers. I make them do the rest really.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I only really do it for the odd plate of food that's about to go off if I don't rush it into the fridge
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I usually have my sims cleanup after themselves. They do it automatically on their own after awhile. I do drag things between my sims inventories and sometimes put food in the fridge.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    I voted No...but technically it does depend. Sometimes the game has sims doing stupid things, if it's stupid enough, I will use live drag to address it.

For example, on one apartment my sims lived in, they would always walk all the way from the dining area, past the kitchen, past the gym, past 1 bathroom and into a bedroom down the hall to set empty plates on a nightstand....rather than setting them on the kitchen counter or in the dishwasher. When my sims lived there, I would use live drag to move the dishes back to the kitchen...
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Depends. Mostly they have to clean up, but I do drag food out of the fridge for toddlers.
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    I have always hated it when you're able to drag the trash ir obliteratr stuff for your sims. I think they should do it themselves, otherwise it feels like cheating to me. It's like: you made the mess, YOU clean it up, man! It's their responsibility, haha.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Shepard wrote: »
    I have always hated it when you're able to drag the trash ir obliteratr stuff for your sims. I think they should do it themselves, otherwise it feels like cheating to me. It's like: you made the mess, YOU clean it up, man! It's their responsibility, haha.

::g:: As I see it, I am not their servant, I am their (sometimes benevolent) overlord.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I only really use it for toddlers, since feeding hem straight with the plate is a lot less time consuming than using high chairs. ;)
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I always use it for toddlers because the high chair is absolutely cursed. For other stuff, if it gets left behind (my Sims often autonomously deal with mess) I'll clean it up for them. I don't like wasting precious Sim minutes on watching them clean.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes. Usually for leftovers or plates/empty glasses if they are tired or I have other things I want them to do that are more important.

@QueenofMyshuno If it's not working for you it may be because you have left moo running in live mode.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @fullspiral, I leave MOO on pretty much 95% of the time, the only time I turn it off is if I am having a routing issue that I can't figure out the cause of and need to see what snapping does in the area in question. Live drag works fine with MOO on. You just have to make sure you don't drop things where you don't want them by being precise with your dragging.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Stormkeep I've had it where the plate will hover over the sink or something bc moo is on. Not always, so I mentioned just in case.

Edit: I recall where the devs said it can make live mode a bit wonky if left on.