Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 tray and get famous questions

Hi,

I have only just noticed when I search for households via the sims 4 tray they tend to be the ones from the gallery i have added to my library and I wanted to be able to save an EA pre made sim I have just got to level 5 in the acting career so that if I ever start a new world I can place her and any further family/pets that get added into the family in the meantime back into the game at their relevant skill levels so I am wondering if I can do that via the tray program or something else..

Also when I have skilled up a sim that loads in the tray program does that mean any extra skills they may have gained in the game comes with the sim I am saving as well (I hope that makes sense lol) or do I have to take some other action to ensure I am saving sims with their updated skills?

Get famous it has taken my forever to get my actress sim to level 5 (without cheating-) and I am going to assume that to keep her there she will have to complete continual further actions to remain at the top and wondered if any players had some further ideas on the easiest ways to do that as I will soon be wanting to start a family with her and will need time to concentrate on that and other family members/pets as well.

also I have noticed that despite her being a global superstar she still has an unlocked quirk left which I believe the game assigns? however if ashe is already at the top shouldn't that have already been filled?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2018
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have only just noticed when I search for households via the sims 4 tray they tend to be the ones from the gallery i have added to my library and I wanted to be able to save an EA pre made sim I have just got to level 5 in the acting career so that if I ever start a new world I can place her and any further family/pets that get added into the family in the meantime back into the game at their relevant skill levels so I am wondering if I can do that via the tray program or something else..
    Kind of confused by the question, but if you're asking if you can save premade sims to the tray then yes, you save them just like you would any other household in CAS.
    Also when I have skilled up a sim that loads in the tray program does that mean any extra skills they may have gained in the game comes with the sim I am saving as well (I hope that makes sense lol) or do I have to take some other action to ensure I am saving sims with their updated skills?
    No, the sims in your tray folder are not continually updated. You'd need to resave them in order to have their skill levels updated.
    Get famous it has taken my forever to get my actress sim to level 5 (without cheating-) and I am going to assume that to keep her there she will have to complete continual further actions to remain at the top and wondered if any players had some further ideas on the easiest ways to do that as I will soon be wanting to start a family with her and will need time to concentrate on that and other family members/pets as well.
    There's a popularity aspiration in Get Famous which, upon completion, grants your sim a trait which prevents their fame from decaying. It's pretty easy to complete.
    also I have noticed that despite her being a global superstar she still has an unlocked quirk left which I believe the game assigns? however if ashe is already at the top shouldn't that have already been filled?
    Quirks are obtained via triggers. You won't get a quirk until your sim does whatever action triggers it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi @Cupid

apologies I realize some questions appear a little silly but as I play series 1-4 regularly and have to try and remember the little details I sometimes get a little confused as to how something might work differently in each series-)

so thank you so much for taking the time to respond I think I know what I need to do now :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on