Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you Maxis!

Hi, I just want to say thank you to the Maxis team! Thank YOU!

I haven't played this game very often, but I have kept it up to date and added all the content as it came out. The last time I played was quite a while ago and I stopped when my sim that I was playing never saw any of my other sims out and about town. Well, when GF came out, I had to try it since I was a huge fan of the original Sims Superstar expansion. I wasn't disappointed in the new game at all. In fact, I have played almost every day since it came out and the other day I was out and about town with the sim I was playing and suddenly, I saw one of my other sims out, then a second one and a third! I was so excited! They all got to meet and have fun together and became friends! Oh my, I felt like I was playing The Sims 2, it was so much fun! So thank you very much for making that happen Maxis, it's great having fun again with a new game!
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I don't see the correlation about the sims you made not showing up but cool that you are enjoying it.

I honestly love GF it's an EP that made me believe a bit more in this game, it made the gameplay a lot more enjoyable for me, where it was a huge bore before.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I think I understand what she means. I only play one family but that family has lots of relatives that live in other households and I get a kick seeing them out and going about their business without me.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Or when you're a rotational player and you see other families in your rotation out on the town.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I think I understand what she means. I only play one family but that family has lots of relatives that live in other households and I get a kick seeing them out and going about their business without me.

Yeah, I have to agree. I always see the sims I’ve made or had born in game in my worlds. The celebs are a bit out of control, if I’m in Willow Creek I’d rather not have 3 celebs walking around but it’s not a major deal. I’d like it if they had their disguises on though.

—T
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Or when you're a rotational player and you see other families in your rotation out on the town.

This is exactly what I meant to say. Sorry it was confusing. I do play lots of other households, and for quite a while this game did not let me see my other sims out and about town. So now when I make a new sim and stick him/her in a single house, even my other played sims (part of my rotation) are showing up as part of the welcome wagon! I love it!!

So, thanks Maxis for making that happen!

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You must have had a glitch because I have seen my own Sims often in TS4. But it did depend on how many times I took them out to other places then saw them there (like at the gym every time my other Sim went) to the point of annoyance for always having the same Sims at the gym etc. This game is very weird and will never understand how it's programmed to behave technically. Because the mechanics can work fine for one person and not another, and then to the point of annoyance with redundancy. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    windweaver wrote: »

This is exactly what I meant to say. Sorry it was confusing. I do play lots of other households, and for quite a while this game did not let me see my other sims out and about town. So now when I make a new sim and stick him/her in a single house, even my other played sims (part of my rotation) are showing up as part of the welcome wagon! I love it!!

So, thanks Maxis for making that happen!

Hope you continue to have fun!!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You must have had a glitch because I have seen my own Sims often in TS4. But it did depend on how many times I took them out to other places then saw them there (like at the gym every time my other Sim went) to the point of annoyance for always having the same Sims at the gym etc. This game is very weird and will never understand how it's programmed to behave technically. Because the mechanics can work fine for one person and not another, and then to the point of annoyance with redundancy. :o

I don't know, I have the same things in the game as I did...well, I've added more hair, eyes, skin, clothes and furniture since those days of my own sims not showing up. But who knows? I remember other simmers posting about the same problem, but I haven't been on here very often like I used to do in the past. I don't know if others are experiencing the same or not.

Whatever the reason is, I'm grateful for the change and I'm playing every day again. I'm amazed at all the things I've missed, this game is a lot of fun!