Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few questions about GF

I remember seeing on one of the livestreams that our celebrities can get fan mail, how do you get this? Is it a perk to buy?

Also, I thought I saw something that stops your celebrity points decaying. Is this a thing or did I dream it? :D

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I believe it's in the quirk system.. that you purchase with fame points and such
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    There's a perk that has you getting potions in the mail, but there's also a quirk where your address got leaked and you get a ton of mail.

And if you complete World Famous Celebrity, your fame never decays. Plus you deal with paparazzi better, and get another perk point. Be aware that one of the final stage requirements for that is five fame stars, which means it isn't that applicable while you're building yourself up.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2018
    There's a quirk you can get if you interact a lot with your fans and you receive fan mail. Although my sim mostly gets junk and no fan letters.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    My sim has received the "fan" mail quirk but doesn't seem to be reviewing any mail. Will have to keep playing and see. :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    My sim has received the "fan" mail quirk but doesn't seem to be reviewing any mail. Will have to keep playing and see. :)

Have you checked the mailbox lately?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It’s a perk to receive fan letters and packages in the mail you have to use a fame point to get it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited December 2018
    There are 2 ways to get some fan mail.
    1. Get the Influencer perk. In order to get that, your sim must first become a two star celebrity and own the sponsorships perk. Fans will send your sims collectibles, letters, and objects.
    2. If your sim talks to their fans, they may get the "Fan" Mail quirk. This means that your sim has found a "fan" (who wants to show their hate or just wants to prank the celebrity) who will send them nasty stuff, like trash and spoiled food.

3. Not excactly a fan mail, but if your sim is a two star celebrity and has Noticeable perk, they can also get the Celebuserums perk whre your sim will receive mails with potions.

The mails won't come every day, but if you do get fan mail, you'll see a box or an envelope in your sim's inventory. Have your sim open it to see what's in it.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There's a quirk you can get if you interact a lot with your fans and you receive fan mail. Although my sim mostly gets junk and no fan letters.

That's why the word "Fan" has quatation marks around it in the quirk's title.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There are 2 ways to get some fan mail.
    1. Get the Influencer perk. In order to get that, your sim must first become a two star celebrity and own the sponsorships perk. Fans will send your sims collectibles, letters, and objects.
    2. If your sim talks to their fans, they may get the "Fan" Mail quirk. This means that your sim has found a "fan" (who wants to show their hate or just wants to prank the celebrity) who will send them nasty stuff, like trash and spoiled food.

3. Not excactly a fan mail, but if your sim is a two star celebrity and has Noticeable perk, they can also get the Celebuserums perk whre your sim will receive mails with potions.

The mails won't come every day, but if you do get fan mail, you'll see a box or an envelope in your sim's inventory. Have your sim open it to see what's in it.
    Dianesims wrote: »

That's why the word "Fan" has quatation marks around it in the quirk's title.

I know but In the livestream they were receiving nice fan letters as well, I haven’t received any of them, just junk packages.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello.
    Also, I thought I saw something that stops your celebrity points decaying. Is this a thing or did I dream it? :disappointed:
    If you enable testingcheats true then shift click the sim, you can freeze fame.
    There are other options there also
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/cheats.php