Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 going forward for the next year.

Comments

• SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Other: Explain in the comments.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    SunStone02 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Please, Sims Gods - let it end. (don't get triggered, it's My Wish) :cookie:

I enjoy The Sims 4 :'(

And? I enjoy TS2 and TS3 (which I feel they never finished); you can still play your beloved TS4 while I enjoy TS5. I've been waiting for this to end while I play the older games. I waited like a good Simmer. #MyTurn #TS5

So...If TS4 ends, we can still play it? :smiley: I cannot play my favorite discontinued MMOS, are single-player games different?

Yes, you can play ts4 ad infinitum (or forever... whichever comes first) if you want. I don't mean to question your sincerity, but I'm kind of aghast that anybody would not know that.

The Sims 4 is the first single-player (and only) online game I've played.
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Please, Sims Gods - let it end. (don't get triggered, it's My Wish) :cookie:

I enjoy The Sims 4 :'(

And? I enjoy TS2 and TS3 (which I feel they never finished); you can still play your beloved TS4 while I enjoy TS5. I've been waiting for this to end while I play the older games. I waited like a good Simmer. #MyTurn #TS5

So...If TS4 ends, we can still play it? :smiley: I cannot play my favorite discontinued MMOS, are single-player games different?

Yes, you can play ts4 ad infinitum (or forever... whichever comes first) if you want. I don't mean to question your sincerity, but I'm kind of aghast that anybody would not know that.

Ok, yep... single-player games are different. You should be able to behold the beauty and depth of ts4 (and play it) as long as thy heart desireth.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    This seems important if you have an older MAC or PC because it will affect your ability to download future content.

This seems important if you have an older MAC or PC because it will affect your ability to download future content.

Thank you for the info!
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Continue as they are.
    I haven't really run into any game changing bugs, or any of that matter. I'd rather them release their regular stream of GP, EP, and SP because I'd get bored without any new content.
    Proud simmer
  • Arcanine4PresidentArcanine4President Posts: 31 Member
    I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.
    I think they need to stop releasing new things until they have fixed a lot of major bugs that are preventing some people with perfectly capable gaming systems from playing due to mysterious lag or other factors caused by the game itself.
    I think they need to stop releasing new things until they have fixed a lot of major bugs that are preventing some people with perfectly capable gaming systems from playing due to mysterious lag or other factors caused by the game itself.

I've noticed lag too! I wonder if going offline would fix it?

Scratch that...I've played three single-player (browser) RPG games before The Sms 4. :/ (All 3 got boring fast, I don't recommend them.)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd gladly take only 2 new DLC's and have them fix current Gugs and Gliches.
    I would love for them to fix bugs but I would also like some new packs as well.
  • xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    As much as I would like to see new DLC, I think that upgrading the base game is important. I want simmers that don't have the ability to get more DLC to enjoy the base game even more.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Fix all the bugs, glitches & problems in the game including the expansion packs, gamepacks & stuff packs.
    Once everything is in working order then add new contents.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    But the fact remains that Devs do not fix game bugs anymore, the HQ team does - so no point in not getting constant new content.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2019
    There actually is a point, because new content triggers new bugs. It’s wise to pause for a while and get everything fixed first.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited October 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    There actually is a point, because new content triggers new bugs. It’s wise to pause for a while and get everything fixed first.

I disagree. But I do not have any game breaking bugs - if I do get a bug it seems trying a few things either fixes it or eventually gets it to work. It also is not just a Sims 4 thing I learned how to work around issues in Sims 3 and Sims 2. Sims 2 was mostly due to the jump bug caused by too many memories in the game - so i learned to get rid of some memories and it fixed the issue. Sims 3 was mostly routing problems - and problem that came up from turning lots. I went through the layers of built up content from turn lots and physically remove them. I fixed holes in the routing - so the animals and sims no longer got stuck - which make lag stop. I removed all moo in the game. So many issues were stopped just by doing things like that.

Sims 4 is no harder to fix - it just takes finding what is causing the issues. It is almost always not the obvious that seems to cause the issues and I would rather waste my time hunting down the issues than having the devs working on things besides content when I can fix it myself.

Anything I can't fix because it takes the HQ team - well I would make a report to them - especially if i have found an issue creating something odd in the game.

I just know i would rather be playing the game and working on it than twiddling my thumbs waiting for fixes.

My Sims 2 and 3 play perfectly because I fixed them. My Sims 4 mostly plays better than they did and has never left me unable to keep playing. It does sometimes take me hours to locate an issue and find ways to make it work - but I have yet to fail.

Don't go telling me I am not paid to fix the game. I know I amj not - but it is better than sitting there endlessly waiting for someone else to do or go with out playing.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2019
    They need to focus the majority of their energy on improving the shallow emotion, consequence and traits systems. I wouldn't mind seeing no DLC next year if it meant improving existing mechanics. That would at least make the existing DLC more immersive.

Baseline game mechanics are the cake. DLC are the sprinkles. You don't count on sprinkles to make a good cake. If the cake is bland, adding sprinkles won't make it any better. Maybe prettier, but, still.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I haven't really run into any game changing bugs, or any of that matter. I'd rather them release their regular stream of GP, EP, and SP because I'd get bored without any new content.

Which proves the shallowness of the BG. If a game is rich in quality gameplay and depth of construction you don't need new content. I still play TS2 (which hasn't had new content in years) regularly and have yet to get bored. Have the opposite problem, actually.

As for needing Origin, my primary TS4 installation is on a computer that is not connected to the internet, and hence not to Origin. I can play just fine without either. As far as no longer fixing bugs goes, my model of the HMS Royal Oak sitting regally on the desk does a better job.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    But the fact remains that Devs do not fix game bugs anymore, the HQ team does - so no point in not getting constant new content.

Which increases the Bugtober Fest and of late has been half-baked and disappointing. BTW, not everyone has either your awesome gaming rig or your skills. I've written game modules way back when, but haven't got the foggiest of how to even look into TS4.

Which increases the Bugtober Fest and of late has been half-baked and disappointing. BTW, not everyone has either your awesome gaming rig or your skills. I've written game modules way back when, but haven't got the foggiest of how to even look into TS4.

I am seriously ill Oldseadogg and I often have nothing better to do than learn new things and work on my own games. It keeps me occupied and from dwelling on myself. For me it is a good thing. I keep my pc updated as it is basically my life right now. Time for me is running out - and I take what joy I can find. I have always enjoy working on games and computers - so it is second nature to me to keep learning or trying to now more than ever. Sorry it offends you somehow - that was not my intention.

In dreams - I LIVE!

No offense at all, and sorry if it seemed that way. Any miffedness I have is towards EA for what they've done to a once great game.

A lousy way to get there, but you are in an enviable position as far as computers and game knowledge goes. You could probably do a better job of making a pack by yourself than the whole EA team. That you are determined to continue learning and applying that as best you can in the face of your situation is an example to all of us. A while back you mentioned chemo. How's that going?
    edited October 2019
    No offense at all, and sorry if it seemed that way. Any miffedness I have is towards EA for what they've done to a once great game.

A lousy way to get there, but you are in an enviable position as far as computers and game knowledge goes. You could probably do a better job of making a pack by yourself than the whole EA team. That you are determined to continue learning and applying that as best you can in the face of your situation is an example to all of us. A while back you mentioned chemo. How's that going?

Still getting it - but not winning the battle - just staying in the fight as long as I can take it. Not ready to toss in the towel as long as I can - but not going very well... hoping to see Christmas with my kids one more time...

In dreams - I LIVE!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Still getting it - but not winning the battle - just staying in the fight as long as I can take it. Not ready to toss in the towel as long as I can - but not going very well... hoping to see Christmas with my kids one more time...
    I hope with all my heart you will.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I hope with all my heart you will.

Thank you. Me too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Add me to the list, and doing more than hoping.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want bug fixes, and lots of them, but only the biggest and most game breaking ones. Pump out all the packs and make them worth the money first, then fix all the bugs, then move on.

But I still expect a patch each month with at least one bug fix.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I choosed "other" because Im happy playing The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 now while I wait for Paralives. I don't care about The Sims 4 anymore.