Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 going forward for the next year.

Which would you rather EA / Maxis do for the next year (1 Jan 19 - 31 Dec 19)

The Sims 4 going forward for the next year. 193 votes

Continue as they are.
29%
Frn0731PlayerSinger2010StormkeepTheSpotted_Csimgirl1010friendlysimmersrobyngravesg01denswanSjofnstilljustme2JennyggsimmietimeakuheikomatsuCeCeDotBabykittyjadekittymeowbixtersEmmaVanerambahadoerSindocat 56 votes
I'd gladly take only 2 new DLC's and have them fix current Gugs and Gliches.
27%
Akl500PJasemissmani09Writin_Regnolurkbarracuda1574zagboorulesKalaniCoolDrewRowlanddetermigGabbyGirlJKLAlexistaydevFroilKeriliasTerraFelicity1169AlbaWaterhouseannaliese393KNPen 53 votes
I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.
17%
HejixKelleygirlSusanaLeoteBagoas77PinkHairGuitarjonesboy22sikasika18KhrisstynejheyjuneiceJultan3drakharisKeturahKittyReading_CorsairKathykinsesharpmajorUlfric_GrimbrandOldeseadoggeNoree_DoreeshnailehTamakiSakura84 34 votes
Other: Explain in the comments.
25%
OneAdorkableGirlGoldmoldarIceyJRflong7CamkatMLadyAzzeraGoldenBuffyCynnatommynocker001fruitsbasket101VageniusApparentlyAwesomeCinebaralanmichael1BluelleJoAnne65ashcrash19FelicityGemSixxRenato10 50 votes

Comments

• Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.
    I'd personally be happy with nothing new for the next year if EA / Maxis would concentrate on fixing things in the game.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I'd like them to take their time to fix bugs, both the ones already in the game and the ones that might be introduced with future packs before they are released, but an entire year without new TS4 content seems a little long. I was close to picking the second option, but then again, "DLC" could also mean stuff packs... So yeah, it is almost the second option for me, as long as those DLCs are either expansion or game packs.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Most game companies have a schedule of DLC (that includes EPs/SPs/GPs) they are working on. EPs take much longer than GPs because of the extra coding involved and I would guess take about 2 years from start to finish. GPs are for the most part new textures/skins on existing object animations like chairs or clothes for example.

In regards to bug/glitch fixes, the EA/Maxis team needs help from the players. They need your computer specs, they need copies of saved games, they need to know what content you have installed, what mods you are using and if you play with CC. Please keep in mind that it could be something that affects certain graphics cards or processors or some kind of combination of the above. But EA/Maxis needs that information. The more often something is reported and information supplied leads the team closer to a resolution.

Below is a link directly to the bug report thread at AHQ.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Their first priority needs to be to fix the game as it is very bugged out. Next they need to finish it with more of the expected DLC. They wanted to be "new and innovative" or so I read once, but that turned out to be terrible.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Fix the bugs, but that's not lucrative, sigh... One remarked somewhere that games released back then on the Nintendo were quite final when released. It couldn't be updated once out. True, they were simpler games but they tested it out thoroughly.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bugs and glitches is one of the main reasons I uninstalled. I had enough. However, if the traits were improved to be more meaningful, and personalities were not all the same with their redundant emotional system for all Sims (which btw, doesn't even make sense for all Sims to have the same emotions depending on traits) I would reconsider, but I highly doubt it. Once a reputation is down the drain, it's down the drain.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Continue as they are.
    I'd get way too bored if we didn't get any new content next year.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I'd like 10 new DLCs and all bugs fixed!
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

Just take it out back and...
    I feel like now they've been doing pretty good in moving forward. Comparing it now to what it was when it first came out. Have maybe like 3 things on a list I'd like to see next year that would make this game more or less complete for me. Been finding myself playing this game for hours and losing track of the time easily and don't get easily bored with it. It's been very fun.

Being able to fix bug or glitches seems like a big given to what they're suppose to do anyway? Think they've been doing well with fixing bugs they've been able to replicate and find a fix for it. Hope there's more of a breakthrough to get some more of the long standing ones fixed. Enjoying the free extra content in-between as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I want more packs. I am not running into many bugs or glitches (that prohibit me from enjoying the game)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    2 EP's a year is fine. This was honestly one of the best years of TS4 imo and it followed the old DLC scheme that was present in TS2 and TS3. It's really not hard to understand, the fact is, it works. And the EP's are far better than the old ones, where the scheme for one EP a year plus 200 SP's and GP's was present. The packs ended up with 0 deph in content and nothing seemed to ever actually expand the game. I'm 100% fine with just two major EP's a year and occasionally throw one SP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'd stick to two expansions per year, and replacing any time spent on GPs/SPs on bug fixing instead.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2018
    Continue as they are.
    Continue as they are. I've been enjoying the concept of fleshed out GPs. SPs I don't really care about then again they are the quickest to get some cash I guess.

Even if they pool everything into bug fixing there's plenty of other employees who have nothing to do with bug fixing. So really, the bugs are either they can't figure them out or they don't care enough. Just look at TS3 and how they left it. Look at how Twallan fixed so many things himself to the point a lot of players were using his mods.

So really, I question how truthful they are given what modders already do as far as "not being able to" That's why I rather them just keep going because I truly believe if they focus on bug fixing they still wouldn't deliver.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I don't mind them fixing the bugs as long as they're still working on more GPs.
  • unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    I'm still waiting on a new Bundlepack with the laundry stuff myself, which I assume theyre waiting for the next gamepack. Id rather them fix bug tho after they finish that however, especially the problems with Seasons killing sims with hot and cold. I'd think that would be a rather simple issue to fix, and yet it's been TPKing sims since June.
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Continue as they are.
    I haven't experienced too many bothersome bugs/glitches. I'd prefer for the team focus on adding back in the features that are still missing from previous installments of The Sims.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I want bugs and glitches fixed, sure, but what I want the most is for 2019 to be the Year of the Supernatural. Witchcraft, werewolves, improved plant sims, improved ghosts, fairies/elves, metahumans/mutants, etc. I know it's highly unlikely, since the dev team and their executive bosses are more occupied with more slice-of-life content (probably brewing up dish-washing and floor care stuff packs to go with the laundry one...*gag*), but that's what I want to see--more focus on the fantastical! Yes, realistic players still don't have swimable oceans and island resorts and farm animals and such...but supernatural players only have vampires, aliens, meh ghosts, and bootleg plant sims to play with. I would gladly shell out $100 for five separate GP's (ghost improvements could come with the witchcraft pack and plant sim improvements could come with the metahumans/mutants/supers pack) if I could just get my toybox filled with as many goodies as realistic players have right now! DX<
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would prefer they fix all the bugs I have seen people complain about and just release packs on University and education for younger Sims (Children, Preteens and Teens) rather than a lot of content and no bug fixes.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I've always said I wish they would spend more time on bug fixes... As many times as I've participated and uploaded my save file for several issues at HQ, I expect better. So preferable I can live without more packs as long as I know that time is being spent working on fixes... However realistically speaking: As long as the bugs are being taken care of I don't mind them making more packs. My issue is them ignoring the bugs to pump out packs and tacking on even more bugs then later saying its complicated to fix :| Then again what do I know?

Besides that this was actually a nice year. Jungle Adventure is really good (I haven't even had a chance to explore everything or even collect everything), Seasons is awesome I'm still getting a lot of joy out of it, I've yet to get GF (I'm waiting on another sale) but a close friend of mine has it and she is really enjoying it despite the small world. Amongst other nice things added of course *Khem* Terrain tools *Khem*

I feel like there is a lot they can learn from this year alone and I hope they take what they've learned or what they can learn not just from feedback but from their experiences with hit and miss and incorporate an even better year come 2019.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I want bugs and glitches fixed, sure, but what I want the most is for 2019 to be the Year of the Supernatural. Witchcraft, werewolves, improved plant sims, improved ghosts, fairies/elves, metahumans/mutants, etc. I know it's highly unlikely, since the dev team and their executive bosses are more occupied with more slice-of-life content (probably brewing up dish-washing and floor care stuff packs to go with the laundry one...*gag*), but that's what I want to see--more focus on the fantastical! Yes, realistic players still don't have swimable oceans and island resorts and farm animals and such...but supernatural players only have vampires, aliens, meh ghosts, and bootleg plant sims to play with. I would gladly shell out $100 for five separate GP's (ghost improvements could come with the witchcraft pack and plant sim improvements could come with the metahumans/mutants/supers pack) if I could just get my toybox filled with as many goodies as realistic players have right now! DX<

Hear, hear!

*Raises arcane goblet*

*Drinks deeply*
    #Team Occult
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I would like them to fix the bugs and focus on several issues that the game has. While they're fixing bugs, I'd also like to see them fix features that we have in the game, maybe doing a complete revamp of some systems (Emotions/Traits) and giving us more emotions and traits in a patch update. An infant update and maybe some new NPCS. But I think going a full year without new content is too long. I'm not sure how long I could go without new content. I suppose I could wait 6 months, but that's probably too long as well, lol. Maybe 3-4 months.

I just really like getting new features. :3
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    While it would be nice to keep the game fresh with new DLCs, I do think that the Sims Team needs to focus more on fixing bugs first. After all this time, for example, we're still having that issue where all of the randomly-generated townies look the same, wear the same clothes, and have the same names. This is especially glaring with Get Famous and all of the randomly-generated townies needed to fill the roles.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    The teams that work on new build and cas items arent involved in bug fixing. They will probably continue as always. They could make more items for the base game if the other team develops less additional content. This way everyone can get new items without only supplying the individual packs/expansion that not everyone will buy. We should not feel to buy a whole pack/expansion just for a few build items. Instead the content team can be added to the bug fixing team. Unless the content team cant fix bugs.

This would benefit the game greatly. Happy customers come back and produce positive publicity. The alternative is whats happening to the gaming industry right now. Just look at Blizzard, Fallout, EA in general and others who dont listen to the community. So fixing bugs should be in the interest of the devs.