Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Music label from Music mixer object

So one of my sims is a self employed music producer. He uses the music mixing table to make songs that earn him money. Well he signed up with a music label who allegedly distributes his songs, but this doesn't seem to add anything to the gameplay. The label always texts him the same thing over and over, 'release a song within 2 days or we'll cancel the contract'. So I have him release a song and then...nothing. The company never calls and says 'I see you released a new track, great' or anything like that. And whenever he calls them, they give the same 'release a song within 2 days message'. It really doesn't even feel like he's signed up with the company most of the time since they never tell him anything new and no progress seems to be made. His fame doesn't go up any higher from what I can see. The only difference is that he seems to earn a bit more money for the songs released under the label than when he just uploaded them on his own. But overall it still feels so empty. I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong or if it's a bug, but the addition of the record label seems pointless.

Is there really nothing more to it or am I just missing something.

Comments

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'm not sure, maybe you get a little bit more royalties thanks to the label? I dunno, I kinda miss some more feedback as well, and not just the nagging when it's gone too long since the last release.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    I'm not sure, maybe you get a little bit more royalties thanks to the label? I dunno, I kinda miss some more feedback as well, and not just the nagging when it's gone too long since the last release.

@Stutum You do, I mentioned that it my post at the very end. But that seems to be the only benefit. Otherwise it seems pointless to be signed up to the label :/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    If you go to a community lot, you can put your music playing on a public radio and you will get more fame. The sim will even get a moodlet about it.

As for the label I'm not sure. I haven't been playing with it long enough, my singer is signed with one of the "cheapest" labels. I think I need to get out of my contract and send some new music to a better one to see if anything changes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If you go to a community lot, you can put your music playing on a public radio and you will get more fame. The sim will even get a moodlet about it.

As for the label I'm not sure. I haven't been playing with it long enough, my singer is signed with one of the "cheapest" labels. I think I need to get out of my contract and send some new music to a better one to see if anything changes.

@Sigzy05 I knew about playing the music on public lots. I swore I could before I joined the label too, but I really can't remember.

Maybe I should trying signing up with a new label too and see if that changes anything.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member

@Stutum You do, I mentioned that it my post at the very end. But that seems to be the only benefit. Otherwise it seems pointless to be signed up to the label :/

Ah, yes, I saw it now, missed it the first time. Anyway, I agree that they should've made more out of it, maybe earn even more as you get more experienced, more famous etc.
  • simduck88simduck88 Posts: 89 Member
    I got out of my record label, and tried sending my song out to other labels, but it was no longer an option. I ended up with the same phone call asking me to sign with Dinky Beats or whatever...again.

I'm loving GF.

Anyone know how to get a different label?
    simduck88 wrote: »
    I got out of my record label, and tried sending my song out to other labels, but it was no longer an option. I ended up with the same phone call asking me to sign with Dinky Beats or whatever...again.

I'm loving GF.

Anyone know how to get a different label?

@simduck88 You can only send songs to the label you're signed with. You need to have your contract cancelled to sign with a different one.

Hilariously enough, I ended up losing my contract while playing yesterday because I was so focused on doing other things that I forgot to have my guy send them more music. Now I have the option to send music to other labels again.
  • oliviasofia123oliviasofia123 Posts: 9 New Member
    Anyone who can help id appreciate ! >>

So, i cannot figure out HOW to send music to different labels. I keep getting the call from dinky beats who i just timed out my contract with in order to get a better label. Anyone know how? Thanks.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited December 2018

I've got a singer Sim in my game, thanks to Sacrificial's Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career mod. I found having a label to urge my Sim to produce music gives him a +fame. He's all the way up to Global Superstar, but I don't want him to slip. He's just now a YA and gained the bulk of his success as a teenager. I've learned to relax and not have him try to hold a concert as quickly as he's booked. I just make sure he does interactions using the +fame. He's also lost labels in his past. Erik learned how to be more responsible the hard way. He quit high school and is now in the college of 'Hard Knocks'. LOL But every time he burns a CD and uploads it, he gets celebrity 'points'. He's also gained the mixer skill. He's at the top of that skill set. So, I wouldn't call it a total loss.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Anyone who can help id appreciate ! >>

So, i cannot figure out HOW to send music to different labels. I keep getting the call from dinky beats who i just timed out my contract with in order to get a better label. Anyone know how? Thanks.

My Sim had Tastemakers originally and got dumped by them for slacking. He's now with Dinky Beats. I think you just have to keep producing and hope your Sim gets good at what they're doing. The offers come when they come.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited December 2018
    I've got a singer Sim in my game, thanks to Sacrificial's Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career mod. I found having a label to urge my Sim to produce music gives him a +fame. He's all the way up to Global Superstar, but I don't want him to slip. He's just now a YA and gained the bulk of his success as a teenager. I've learned to relax and not have him try to hold a concert as quickly as he's booked. I just make sure he does interactions using the +fame. He's also lost labels in his past. Erik learned how to be more responsible the hard way. He quit high school and is now in the college of 'Hard Knocks'. LOL But every time he burns a CD and uploads it, he gets celebrity 'points'. He's also gained the mixer skill. He's at the top of that skill set. So, I wouldn't call it a total loss.

@GalacticGal I know they get more fame points for being with the label, but releasing tracks never seemed to give that much to begin with. I guess my problem was that I expected it to give him fame more quickly when it's most likely to be used as a side project in addition to the actual music career. :/

As such, I let my sim officially join the music branch of the entertainer career and I'll just have him work up his fame that way and do the music mixing on the side now. :)
  • LyssaMarie316LyssaMarie316 Posts: 13 New Member
    How is everyone even staying IN their label contracts? I submit music get signed. Submit tracks every day with the music mixer during the 3 days they give you to release more (I too keep getting Dinky Beats) but they never seem to acknowledge that I have. After the 3 days they cancel my contract for not releasing tracks. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, it's bugged, or if it's my game..
    @LyssaMarie316 You have to release at least one track every other day or they'll cancel the contract. Usually they warn you the day before it happens, but I swear sometimes it just won't. Or maybe I'm just missing it. :/
  • IamCheezyIamCheezy Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having the same thoughts. Going on now with 26 released songs for DiNky Beats and I've never gotten any sort of feed back or other comments aside from Release a new track within 3 days. My fame made it to Rising Star aroung the 20th track but I was also spamming Simstigram like crazy. I guess its just the way the game plays. I haven't done anything with the video station so I'm going to swap my sim's career at this point.

I also tried making a song with all possible tracks to work with, in case that would've led to something from the label but it didn't make a difference.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I think that is all there is to it. My Sim has been putting out records every other day. I had her trying everything out a little at a time so she could learn lots of different skills and move up slowly to stardom. But it seems like this is all there is to it.

Does anyone know what you do with your tracks? My Sims inventory just builds up with the tracks and I couldn't find any kind of storage to keep them in. Can you delete them?
    @IamCheezy Yeah, the label seems to be utterly pointless. I really don't see any point to it other than to be able to hear our own music from the radio. It would be nicer if it gave out more fame :/

@FairyGodMother I'm guessing you can delete them, though I haven't attempted it.
    @LyssaMarie316 I create, burn, then send. I usually create another one (or more) right after that to keep in case I get that notification to send one, then I send the one I kept and burn another one, rinse, repeat.

I also "check in" with them via the phone whenever I get the message they need more.

@ListentoToppDogg I am pretty sure I tried to delete from inventory, but I think something popped up (can't remember what it said) so I just keep them in my inventory. I will have to go back to my Global Star game and recheck it.
    @ListentoToppDogg I went back, was able to sell all that was in the inventory. Normal sold for $50 and Outstanding sold for $100. On some, it did give me the option to sell them to three different companies. After all that, Dinky Beats called up and I signed up with them. Then right after that, they said they were sorry, but couldn't take me on???? LOL
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > If you go to a community lot, you can put your music playing on a public radio and you will get more fame. The sim will even get a moodlet about it.
    >
    > As for the label I'm not sure. I haven't been playing with it long enough, my singer is signed with one of the "cheapest" labels. I think I need to get out of my contract and send some new music to a better one to see if anything changes.

idk if ur still gonna see it and if you know my problem, but i have a problem that i just have 1 producer i can bring it out to, a friend of me has 3 do u know it maybe??