Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use a Year:Age ratio? (MCCC or other aging mod, of course)

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
edited December 2018 in General Mods Discussion
Question title say that....
Do you match the year with lifespan? or bettrer say, you set a year duration, then ages are based on year?

Me yes (except for baby)

Year duration: default (28 days)
Baby: 2 days

Now comes interesting
  1. Toddler: 1/2 year
  2. Child: 3/4 year
  3. Teen: 1.5 year
  4. Young Adult: 2 years
  5. Adult: 2 years
  6. Elder: 1/2 year

Total: As my age and seasons setting a sim lives almost 7.5 years

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Indeed I do. I have seasons set to be 3 weeks long, making a sim year 84 days total and slowed down aging such that the lifespans...sort of...correlates to the year length as follows:
    * Baby+Toddler+Child+Teen = 42 days (1/2 a year). The exact numbers elude me, but it's something along the lines of 2/8/18/14. I know baby and toddler are both relatively short, and child is the longest.
    * Young Adult = 42 days (1/2 a year)
    * Adult = 42 days (1/2 a year)
    * Elder =....it all falls apart here, 14 days (just 2 weeks). Elders don't drop dead right after the duration set for them happens, and I don't like a game that gets full of a ton of elders, so I don't have it set very high.

I wanted to have the 1/2 year intervals be a whole year, but 84 day lifespans for each of those stages makes for sims that just live way too long. Tried playing with shorter seasons, but I really didn't like how quickly each season came and went. So, my current approach is a compromise between what I wanted to do and what I actually enjoy.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I never know how long I should have each age span so I’ll be watching this thread with interest. I set my age spans on long and just age when I feel like it or let them age up naturally. It always seems too long though.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited December 2018
    I count a full seasonal year as 1 lived sim year. I play rotationally with aging turned off, but I turn aging ON for one day only every year, normally new year's eve. I will have sims aging up anytime during the year though, by throwing a birthday party or at least eating cake. And I won't freak out if I age them up 1 year early or late, according to my life stage plan:

Babies - 1 year long
    Toddlers - 4 years long
    Kids - 14 years
    Teens - 14 years
    YA - 21 years
    A - 21 years
    Elders - basically 17 years, starting at age 71, but this varies of course

I use a spreadsheet to keep track on who should age up when.

I love the feeling of time passing thanks to Seasons. :smile:

Edit: Should add that my seasons are set to 7 days only, full year 28 days. I try to get through 1 full year every RL month, sometimes I need twice as long.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Simerville, 28 days for babies....are you a masochist? LOL I have them set for 2 days in my game and I still manually force the age up most of the time.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods