September 18 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Do you prefer Alpha or Maxis Match CC? (Or a combo)?

13...Next

Comments

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 506 Member
    edited May 2019
    A Combination of Both
    I use mostly MM, but my tods and kids have a lot of clothing that's somewhere "in between". I also use some alpha furniture if I like the textures.
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    Maxis Match
    i used to only use alpha cc cause i liked the fact is was realistic and very pretty (when i first discovered what cc was i only found alpha cc). then i discovered maxis match and realized how much i liked that more since in blends into the game perfectly.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Alpha
    I prefer alpha cc in every way :)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 565 Member
    Maxis Match
    Maxis Match. Alpha looks weird to me.
  • bsktcasebsktcase Posts: 4 New Member
    I honestly prefer MM as it goes well with the game and makes me sims feel like they fit in a bit more with the townies
  • Author75Author75 Posts: 2 New Member
    The only problem with alpha is that it has completely ruined my tolerance for MM! MM just looks completely cartoony to me now, and it's not a look I ever liked. One of the reasons it took me so long to start playing The Sims in the first place was that I didn't think the game looked realistic enough for me to find it entertaining. I don't and have never played any other computer games, so I have zero tolerance for anything that looks like it's trying to imitate reality in a 🌺🌺🌺🌺 way (not that The Sims is trying to do that at all, I know, but initially that was how the style of it came across to me). Therefore I've had to pretty much convert the entire contents of my Sims' houses, as well as my Sims themselves, to alpha CC only. Then again, alpha CC is the only reason I'm still playing the game after so long! It's the only thing that still really excites me about TS4 - and it still gets me to play in live mode too because there's nothing better than seeing those amazingly crafted alpha objects come to life! I agree that MM and alpha do clash, but I much, much prefer my game realistic. My Sims too all have natural-looking skins and features. I don't even look at the clothes the game provides us with anymore. It is a bit of a shame because I was excited about the Eco Living and Nifty Knitting packs but ended up removing every piece of furniture that came with them - just looked ridiculous beside the rest of the furniture in the house. But just after Nifty Knitting came out, one of my favourite alpha creators sent me a whole lot of alpha knitting stuff as well as a good choice of rocking chairs, so I wasn't complaining. It made me realise too that there really is enough alpha cc out there to enable players to use only alpha content if they want to. A big part of my game is the constant search for new and amazing alpha CC and the top creators out there never disappoint! I'm forever in awe of those digital artists who create furniture, objects and even whole rooms that look like pics taken from the inside of a real house. TS4 is my living dollhouse and I like it to look as real as possible! :)
  • Author75Author75 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 6
    Wow, this site is very strict on language! The censored part only said [Removed]

[The profanity filter is there for a reason, please do not attempt to circumvent it. ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 233 Member
    Alpha
    Alpha. More realistic style. Maxis match is too cartoonistic for my taste. It always surprises me that only few people prefer alpha cc.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 2,354 Member
    A Combination of Both
    I started out with a strong preference for alpha. Over time it shifted to neutral. Now I have a strong preference for maxis match hairs. Everything else I’m still neutral on. I have no problem mixing it all in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 276 Member
    A Combination of Both
    It makes no sense to me why people are so polarized on this. Who cares? More hair is ALWAYS better. What does it matter how realistic it looks?
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 171 Member
    A Combination of Both
    it depends on the look I'm going for. I mostly play with MM, while I use alpha(if necessary) for clothing.
    Gemmie12_Sims_Banner%2Bcopy.jpg
    OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
    DeviantART: vampireknightgal
    vampireknightgal.deviantart.com/