Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Actions Cancelling in China?

I'm on vacation in China with 4 sims, 3 of which have the "prepared traveler" LTR so It's at 12 days. At around 6 days or so, I started getting a glitch where interactions just... cancel? It's most prevalent when eating, I have to tell a sim to continue eating about 2-3 times during a meal because they just stop; sometimes they don't even make it to the table and keep putting the food on the floor. It started with one sim, now it seems to be spreading to the others?

The only thing different I've done is I messed with the base camp to improve the beds and showers, and I added some more cooking options since apparently a decent Oven isn't allowed. I also have Nraas mods, I've had to reset the refrigerator a few times since it stopped working. Would reseting my sims work? I did have a bug where I tried to get all 4 of them to sleep in the expensive tent, then their energy meter didn't move for a few hours and it spit them all out around the tent.

I do have some CC, but I doubt it's anything that would mess with it.

Comments

• Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    Oh here's an update - I think most of this started after a few of my Sims were caught in fire traps. I noticed when I tried to get them to extinguish themselves in a Dive well, one of them kept running a few steps, stopping, running a few steps, stopping, etc., etc. It also happened when trying to turn in items from an adventure, but it started with the fire traps.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    A whole family of absent-mindeds? :tongue:

Sorry, I have no solution, just wanted to be silly. I read this though, if you think it doesn't have to do with mods and cc:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=15755.0

Poor Bonehilda.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It should be perfectly fine to use MC to reset sims, lots, and/or the entire world while on a WA vacation. It's probably around the first thing I would be trying if that kind of thing started happening. Your only other choice, from the sound of it, would be to end the trip and return home earlier than planned for.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    It should be perfectly fine to use MC to reset sims, lots, and/or the entire world while on a WA vacation. It's probably around the first thing I would be trying if that kind of thing started happening. Your only other choice, from the sound of it, would be to end the trip and return home earlier than planned for.

Ah thanks, I'm weary of corrupted saves and the Sims doing weird stuff. One time, it deleted all of my saves - which included my longest onrunning family to date with a bunch of Sims I was attached to :\

So it's perfectly safe to reset my Sims and see if that fixes it? I really hate having to constantly do the "insert keystone" interaction cause my Sim thinks stopping to do nothing several times is more important than questing
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If you are feeling less than confident about any action, including MC Resets, make a Save As copy of the game first so you can always revert if something does go wrong. But if MC Resets seem to cause further problems, I would have to say the sims or the game where it was at the time was already so damaged that the Reset just didn't help rather than was the cause of something worse.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    If you are feeling less than confident about any action, including MC Resets, make a Save As copy of the game first so you can always revert if something does go wrong. But if MC Resets seems to cause further problems, I would have to say the sims or the game where it was at the time was already so damaged that the Reset just didn't help rather than was the cause of something worse.

I appreciate the clarification!

But, uh, is the cancelling actions thing a common glitch that occurs? It doesn't seem to have any specific actions that are glitched, just randomly stuff will cancel. I'm trying to have a sim enjoy herself at the hot springs but she keeps stopping all her interactions. Relaxing, swimming, going here, all cancelling partway through.
  • Options
    Wouldn't call it common, but it sounds like some kind of unwanted scenario that you cannot see is taking place, got stuck, and is interfering with your sims' everyday command queues. In a homeworld if this happens and an MC Reset of the entire world doesn't fix things, the next thing to try would be evicting the household, bulldozing their residential lot, replacing it with a copy, and putting the sims back in place from within Edit Town. But you can't do that while on a vacation in a WA world, so it be time to call the trip over if nothing else worked.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!