Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone loses without a CAW tool

Comments

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited December 2018
    Agree 100%. I miss the worlds that they used to make. Examples: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg. They had so many lots in those. Brindleton Bay also had a pretty good size, I suppose? Can't remember off the top of my head. Seasons we didn't get a new world.. so that slightly hurt us because we have to wait a year to get a new world. (But then again.. no world, and we got a TON of content, which I have really enjoyed) Then we get Del Sol Valley and it has like.. uhmm... 10 lots? Or something? :/ 11? Super small in comparison.

A CAW would be amazing, but then again, a lot of people do not like Custom Content. So, they probably wouldn't download other players worlds, which would lead Devs to still have to make worlds and... :( We'd end up with less resources for the packs.

What I am not liking as of late is how they're taking content we already have in the game and just slapping on a different coloring scheme. I download custom content. And I get that.. there are others that do not. So they need to give them more color options. But this just seems like a complete rip off and something that is turning me kind of away from the game a little bit.

It's why I won't buy My First Pet Stuff and Fitness Stuff. It's not worth 10 dollars to me. Even though, I do love the aquarium coffee table and the Hamster cage. Those are the only two items I want and they're not worth 5 dollars a piece; and I know it's on sale right now. But ... :/

Anyways, sorry to go off topic. I would love to see a CAW. And I would love it if the Devs would spend more resources on ACTUAL game play than on the worlds. Just give us a tool to add our own lots to it and let's call it a day. Back drops shouldn't use that many resources. I'd rather take more game play than a new world anyways. Just give us a tool so we can make our own. And maybe release some free worlds during patches. Every once in awhile. The packs have been so lack-luster. :( And this makes me so disappointed and I've never been disappointed previously. The only pack that I've truly enjoyed so far is Seasons. It's been the best pack so far. I haven't even touched Get Famous yet.. because I am just so worried that the content is going to be lack-luster.

However, if they want to make smaller worlds? But give us more content. Then GREAT! I would absolutely love that. But they definitely need something where either we can create our own worlds, or give us a free one here and there.. to give us some more lots if they're going to go smaller. Even if the free one is small, it's better than nothing. and we'd get fleshed out content. (Example: Vampires. AMAZING. Forgotten Hollow was a small world, but Vampires had some great content. Could have used maybe a little more(?) Perhaps. Maybe. But I love what they did with vampires and forgotten hollow is really a gorgeous and eerie world and I love what they did with it with the fog and flying bats).

So, if they want to do something like that (and heck, maybe they did that with Get Famous and that's why the world was so small) then I take back what I said and I'll definitely look into the game play before I decide to be fully worried and I'll admit I'm wrong for sure. D: I just love the game and I want us all to get a lot of the content we've been waiting for. (Ehem. Witches and University/ Burglars / FireFighter NPCS are just some that I am waiting for).. and if they could spend less on worlds and more on game play then maybe we can start seeing that amazing content we're all sitting here hoping for! ♥

• peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    It couldn't be exactly like what's seen in The Sims 3 CaW due to the lack of an open world and the stylized map, but they could easily find a way to make it work. If nothing else they could make preset maps for people to decorate, and the player could sculpt and decorate the neighbourhoods as they would like. It wouldn't have to be that complex. :/
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I am totally for anything that allows for more player customization within the game including CAW, CASt, edit town, etc. For me, that's what made Sims 3 great. Without this player customization, Sims 4 will never be great for me.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    I am totally for anything that allows for more player customization within the game including CAW, CASt, edit town, etc. For me, that's what made Sims 3 great. Without this player customization, Sims 4 will never be great for me.

I feel the same way, it will be just okay for me and not outstanding or above the others.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • WinkoOfficialWinkoOfficial Posts: 16 Member
    I hate that they don't have a create a world tool for sims 4 either :( it's honestly really depressing. so much time has passed too. i don't know why they didn't even think of that :(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've got the feeling that we haven't got this because the developers are gradually exploring the engine they are using and finding new things to do or that they can do as they are going along. Sulani a case in point where they have managed to add underwater events and more wading ones in existing worlds. A CAW would be static and stuck at an existing level and not compatible with a developing game.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    How whe there is no Create a World map? Just any map won't do you know. Tools have to match the maps or they do nothing in the game. They need to be made off the tool the devs use and if there is no one tool or software to make them added into the game engine when it was made - how do you purpose we get it?

Sims 3 used Maya plug in Create a World maps and tools to make CAW. Sims 2 use Sim City 4 tools to make maps and turned them to templates or you could make your own Sims 2 map templates with Sim City 4. Sims one I believe used the n game engine Unity map - it had no tool really and was 2 D - not 3 D.

Sims 4 is free hand and a mixture of tools - so how is that going to work - it is not even a map system per sec.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    CAW as we all know and love it will never happen for Sims 4. They don’t make the worlds like they did for Sims 3. Maybe, and that’s a strong maybe, once they boot out 32bit they could explore a world manager. Something along the lines of Sims 2 is much more realistic for Sims 4. They would need to supply a good amount of templates, not sure if that part is feasible, but that would ultimately allow players to create “new” worlds, which they could do-up themselves
    edited June 2019
    CAW as we all know and love it will never happen for Sims 4. They don’t make the worlds like they did for Sims 3. Maybe, and that’s a strong maybe, once they boot out 32bit they could explore a world manager. Something along the lines of Sims 2 is much more realistic for Sims 4. They would need to supply a good amount of templates, not sure if that part is feasible, but that would ultimately allow players to create “new” worlds, which they could do-up themselves

Sims 2 had the Sim City 4 map system along with templates to save the empty made maps. They also had a Sims city editors and tool but none of that could work in this game - there is no Sims City programming I can see in this game engine. They would need to start from scratch - not possible to just add after the fact. Even to make an editor I could see all our present map getting messed up seriously because they use so many different tools. Sometimes simpler is better I guess.

Granted with this kind of game engine - I would never say never - it is not your regular game engine - for sure....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I wouldn't even mind to be able to clone Newcrest with choice of several different backgrounds, eg. a UK suburb, Japanese landscape, frozen North etc., etc........ especially if they don't put trees and lamp posts in the way of the Gallery pictures!
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Sims 2 had the Sim City 4 map system along with templates to save the empty made maps. They also had a Sims city editors and tool but none of that could work in this game - there is no Sims City programming I can see in this game engine. They would need to start from scratch - not possible to just add after the fact. Even to make an editor I could see all our present map getting messed up seriously because they use so many different tools. Sometimes simpler is better I guess.

Granted with this kind of game engine - I would never say never - it is not your regular game engine - for sure....

I wasn’t talking about that. Without SimCity 4 you could not make custom maps at all. I never said anything about making our own maps, reread my post. With Sims 2 base game you could load a number of different templates and turn them into a neighborhood like any other. THAT is what I was taking about.

I wasn’t talking about that. Without SimCity 4 you could not make custom maps at all. I never said anything about making our own maps, reread my post. With Sims 2 base game you could load a number of different templates and turn them into a neighborhood like any other. THAT is what I was taking about.

I do know that as I made my own maps for Sims 2 like that but I was writing about what they could possibly manage for Sims 4. I don't believe it's possible to make a CAW for it and I don't believe they will bother. Some modder might try it for the Legacy game perhaps?
    edited June 2019

Well that is precisely what CAW tool does is make the maps. Perhaps you just want editors or the templates then. That would be nice but they still did not let us mess with roads and such.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2019

Well that is precisely what CAW tool does is make the maps. Perhaps you just want editors or the templates then. That would be nice but they still did not let us mess with roads and such.

What you could do in Sims 2 was to design any type of world with roads and bridges all designed with SimCity4 then you just stuck that world file into the right folder in Sims2. It was very enjoyable to design them but I've forgotten half of the things I did with Sims 2 it's so long ago but still can be done as the City game is still available on Origin I think. SimCity4 Rush hour is still my favourite game from EA.
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »

What you could do in Sims 2 was to design any type of world with roads and bridges all designed with SimCity4 then you just stuck that world file into the right folder in Sims2. It was very enjoyable to design them but I've forgotten half of the things I did with Sims 2 it's so long ago but still can be done as the City game is still available on Origin I think. SimCity4 Rush hour is still my favourite game from EA.

I had both but for some reason Rush hour did nt work as well with Sims 2. I honestly have not made any new templates in eons - but still use the a few of the ones I had until Sims 3 came out. Then got a bit into CAW and revamping Maxis maps - that was much harder as CAW does not take to using finished maps or editing - so it took a lot off time - months to get results. Saved all the maps though and a different drive for 3 at least. Wish I had saved all the Sims 2 maps. I had one call Kings World had over 100 worlds linked together featuring all the worlds from Stephen Kind Books and characters. Like a dummy i never made a second copy and when I lost my spare drive during a move - lost my huge world.

I was real ambitious back in those days. Not so much now. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Simburian wrote: »

I had both but for some reason Rush hour did nt work as well with Sims 2. I honestly have not made any new templates in eons - but still use the a few of the ones I had until Sims 3 came out. Then got a bit into CAW and revamping Maxis maps - that was much harder as CAW does not take to using finished maps or editing - so it took a lot off time - months to get results. Saved all the maps though and a different drive for 3 at least. Wish I had saved all the Sims 2 maps. I had one call Kings World had over 100 worlds linked together featuring all the worlds from Stephen Kind Books and characters. Like a dummy i never made a second copy and when I lost my spare drive during a move - lost my huge world.

I was real ambitious back in those days. Not so much now. LOL.

I lost all my Sims 2 worlds when Sims3 crashed an older PC's Hard drive without warning. Still on a CD somewhere but now no CD drive and now cannot bother!
    edited June 2019

Do you just hit quote without even reading? Talk about frustrating, the very first words I typed were “CAW as we all know and love will never happen in Sims 4”. Like what is your point repeating what I already said? Was I somehow wrong in saying the exact same things as you?

You’re saying “perhaps you want templates” without acknowledging that my post literally says that. Again, I’m not exactly sure what your angle is here. Are you agreeing with me? Are you correcting me? I’m thoroughly confused with your posts today.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Just give me something to create my own worlds/towns/neighborhoods whatever! EA's are junk for my playstyle - I need large lots and a lot of them. The smaller lots are really only good for nonresidential lots in my game lol. My playstyle is severely restricted by not being able to design my own worlds - even if it were just a template I could stamp lots on!
    I think even templates would do for me. I know that some SimCreators do them but I would like EA to produce some for different countries as I do not think they will ever produce a CAW for Sims 4. It would improve the "game immersion" for me if I got a UK City or countryside scene.

Forza 4 does UK but is it worth over £30 to get my UK countryside fix when I don't play motorsport games?
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    We desperately need CAW.
    For those who think that it shouldn't happen since EA is building worlds for us, well, I would rather they spent that time working on GAMEPLAY features than on building a beautiful world (looking at you, Sulani).

So, perhaps there is still hope for their salvation.
  • WinkoOfficialWinkoOfficial Posts: 16 Member
    I'm Still Really upset that they don't have this either :( I wanted to make Kentucky or Alabama in the Sims 4 but I can't now because of this :( i don't get what the deal is. How can you be 4 games into a series and not have a create-a-world tool when the previous Sims 2 and Sims 3 did! :( i'm very disappointed
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think they really dropped the ball when making Sims 4. To not offer Edit town, create a style, create a world and create a pattern was crazy after offering them in previous games. Why did they take so much away? In Sims 3, if you got fed up or bored with one aspect of the game, like gameplay for instance, you could still involve yourself in other aspects of the game by changing the way your town looked, creating a new world, creating new patterns - there was so much to do before and now there's only gameplay, which can only get tedious after a time, especially as it's so lacking in so many directions.

I hope they realise the mistake they made and bring it all back in another version of the Sims at some point in the not too distant future otherwise the only fans they are ever likely to attract will be newcomers who are unlikely to ever become long term players.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I need CAW so bad. I wan't to build my own world. Ea worlds alreafy have a 'story' and i want to make my own. Also it's sometimes hard to build houses that i want cuz they don't always fit whit the rest of the world...
    Caw and let us make our own apartments and universitys and it would be soo cool!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I never did anything with CAW myself, nor played in custom worlds, but I do miss the other forms of customizability in Edit World (and as I understand it Sims 2 also allows players to adjust worlds).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I tried to make a world in sims 2 but didn't have the time or patience to do so. But I often edited worlds in sims 2 and 3.
    Just imagine what we could do with the sims 4 if we could get rid of the backdrops that make it so hard to imagine a place is where you want it to be rather than the devs take on it. I would really like to be able to edit the off lot playgrounds in sims 4 to include something for toddlers. Sometimes it's just small details but being able to change them would be a huge difference.

The way I see it, even those people like me who don't make a world from scratch can benefit from caw. We can download worlds made by others and edit those we have in game.