Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation Thread 2018 (Update Hotfix For Error 102 and Hot Keys Out Now)!!!!!

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Update
Dec 20th

Emergency Patch out now to fix Error 12 and Hot Keys.

Patch Notes
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953178/december-20th-2018-patch-notes

What do I expect?

New items for the Holiday Pack

Other new things for The Base Game. Their teasing some new goodies at Maxis Monthly Tuesday.

Bug fixes and hoping the following gets fixed

1)Blue Ceilings
2)Leaf Woohoo Cancelling Out
3)Stinky Leafs Piles that never disappear in other Seasons.
4)Automatic Cat Litter Boxes and Pet Food dishes.

Because it's December I'm expecting a Patch Thursday December 6th because of a possible new update to the Holiday Pack. I'm also expecting we'll be getting more build items cause SimGuruMrE mentioned he will be showing off some new goodies on his PC at the Maxis Monthly. I can very easily see us getting new stair types.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'd like the flower giving tradition for Love Day to be fixed.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'd like the flower giving tradition for Love Day to be fixed.

Hopefully it will be if SimGuruNick,Arvin and Icarious know about it.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    He's referring a feature update.. Wonder what would that be? :o
    OID:- x4m1r4
    xamira99 wrote: »

Yes but that isn't all. Kate says goodies.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I absolutely think the leaf piles will be fixed. One of the gurus (Nick? Grant?) mentioned they had no idea why it wasn't fixed in the last patch so I have hope for this one.

As for anything else, I have no idea. Hopefully something for occult players though. That would be a nice, welcome surprise.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

Yes but that isn't all. Kate says goodies.

Yep! :D Somehow, I'm more interested with a feature.. :blush: Goodies are great too!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Feature update and goodies?

Is the feature update in addition to the gallery update? 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Goodies?

Well, I don't expect anything huge; bug fixes are the best goodies for me.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited December 2018
    Let's keep our expectations to a minimum. We know we'll be getting something but that's it. Personally I am still hoping for robbers but I'm not expecting them.
    Post edited by VentusMatt on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    A couple of items would be nice
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I'm going to keep banging these pots and pans together until we get cars & burglar/police NPCs
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2018
    There are many things I think the game still needs, but as a family/generations player I hope they overhaul babies completely and make them a Sim instead of a simple object no one wants to be bothered with.

Gives them also a good reason to bring back the Changing table for example, but there are so many things they can do with babies to make them better..

I would also love to see ''proper teens'' (that means for example they make them shorter, which probably will never happen because animations reworking blablabla). And more stuff for the Elder life stage to enjoy. Canes for example.

In general I think they have to flesh out a lot of the life stages more.

But I know, that's probably not going to be it anyway.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    There’s obviously so many things that need fixing, but I really hope they fix the random teleporting glitch. It kind of freaks me out when my sim is walking around downstairs and pops up upstairs. :lol: I also hope they fix the leaf piles and make it so that holiday decor will stop sticking to commercial lots long after a holiday has passed.

I immediately assume that the feature update and “goodies” will be holiday-related given the time of year. The only question is: what could be added that we don’t already have? New recipes like eggnog and gingerbread? New outerwear options? If it’s not holiday-related, I’ll be pretty surprised. I just can’t imagine what the feature update might be. I do hope whatever’s in the patch is something more unexpected than I’m thinking.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Cars, Burglars, Policemen, Firefighters, Taxis, School Bus, Cows, Chickens, Solar Panels, Spiral Stairs, Body Hair, Love Letters, Playing Tag Interaction, Pillow Fights...
    Those are somewhat realistic to add. But I can live without them perfectly fine.
    Open Neighborhood, CASt, Buildable Appartments...
    Those are confirmed off the Table for Sims 4.
    What I want, however, is a long beard that goes down below the belly button, just like the one my Dad had, and my favorite Occults from TS3 (Witches) to return.
    Everything else is a bonus for me. And I don't even know if those beards are even possible...
    klestrella wrote: »
    There’s obviously so many things that need fixing, but I really hope they fix the random teleporting glitch. It kind of freaks me out when my sim is walking around downstairs and pops up upstairs. :lol: I also hope they fix the leaf piles and make it so that holiday decor will stop sticking to commercial lots long after a holiday has passed.

I immediately assume that the feature update and “goodies” will be holiday-related given the time of year. The only question is: what could be added that we don’t already have? New recipes like eggnog and gingerbread? New outerwear options? If it’s not holiday-related, I’ll be pretty surprised. I just can’t imagine what the feature update might be. I do hope whatever’s in the patch is something more unexpected than I’m thinking.

Mantle stockings, poinsettia, stair garland,an actual santa suit,gingerbread house and sugar cookies.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m just expecting a gallery update and some holiday cheer, tbh.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    There are many things I think the game still needs, but as a family/generations player I hope they overhaul babies completely and make them a Sim instead of a simple object no one wants to be bothered with.

Gives them also a good reason to bring back the Changing table for example, but there are so many things they can do with babies to make them better..

I would also love to see ''proper teens'' (that means for example they make them shorter, which probably will never happen because animations reworking blablabla). And more stuff for the Elder life stage to enjoy. Canes for example.

In general I think they have to flesh out a lot of the life stages more.

But I know, that's probably not going to be it anyway.

Freeing the babies could be tricky because what happens to already existing object babies? Unless they give a heads up and tell players they'd better age up their current babies to toddlers before the patch releases.

I think we get some sort of update for the Holiday Celebration pack plus bug fixes (my Love Day flower gifts have been fine, but sorry to hear others have been bugged). A real out there idea would be a mini world (4-5 lots) set alongside the beach area in Del Sol Valley, then if we get ocean swimming that world will be enabled for it as well. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    klestrella wrote: »

We could use more cultural holiday traditions beyond the normal Western Christmas. Maybe some Hanukkah recipes like potato latkes, or dreidel spinning as an activity. Toddlers and children could use some tacky Christmas sweaters as well. I just ordered this one after seeing @SimGuruMorgan tweet:

Feature update could be additional tweaking and improvements to the recently introduced First Person camera mode and/or terrain manipulation (being able to use terrain paints on the manipulated terrain would be a Big Deal).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

I just remembered there was supposed to be another gallery update this year with new features if I recall correctly, like being able to take your own screenshots. Wonder if that's it or if they had to postpone it. (I think Grant or another Guru said that in an interview, but I can't find it right now.)

I honestly don't even need any freebies. Just fix the bugs, like the leaf piles which is now a 6 month old month bug.
    Irdiwen wrote: »

I just remembered there was supposed to be another gallery update this year with new features if I recall correctly, like being able to take your own screenshots. Wonder if that's it or if they had to postpone it. (I think Grant or another Guru said that in an interview, but I can't find it right now.)

I honestly don't even need any freebies. Just fix the bugs, like the leaf piles which is now a 6 month old month bug.

Grant said that in the last Gallery Livestream.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’m predicting that the feature is a gallery update and the goodies are holiday related: maybe new Christmas - sorry, WINTERFEST - jumpers and stuff like that. But, I’d be happy to be proved wrong. If the gallery update does allow us to take our own screenshots that would be great, though.
    edited December 2018
    I think the Dec Patch will happen Thursday. I'm betting the ranch on it. :p
  • unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Wasn't we supposed to get terrain editing like we had in Sims 3? I remember them mentioning that awhile ago.
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    unmog wrote: »
    Wasn't we supposed to get terrain editing like we had in Sims 3? I remember them mentioning that awhile ago.

We have terrain tools, but not pond tools.
    I doubt they are coming.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I just want them to fix all the bugs.

Also Origin updated yesterday is the patch coming this week?

mHdgPlU.jpg?1