Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Household pets not getting many lifetime happiness wishes

My pets don't seem to be getting many lifetime happiness wishes to be fulfilled coming up. Is this normal?

My current dog literally has one current wish to fulfill at a time and has never had enough pop up to have all four want slots full at once. I have fulfilled every wish that they have had yet halfway through their adult life they only have 2,688 LHP (playing on a long-normal lifespan)

My sims are getting plenty of wishes popping up so they're not an issue
I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    My pets' wants slots do fill up, but not all the time. Do your dogs/cats hunt? Mine get a lot of wishes related to finding things or leveling up hunting and also things related to their relationships with their humans and other pets. Dogs tend to want to go for walks or to go to the dog park (not necessarily as part of a walk) and sometimes other places. They also want things like to eat, chew, scratch if their needs bars are on the low side. Horses want other things, of course, but it's the same principle.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    My pets' wants slots do fill up, but not all the time. Do your dogs/cats hunt? Mine get a lot of wishes related to finding things or leveling up hunting and also things related to their relationships with their humans and other pets. Dogs tend to want to go for walks or to go to the dog park (not necessarily as part of a walk) and sometimes other places. They also want things like to eat, chew, scratch if their needs bars are on the low side. Horses want other things, of course, but it's the same principle.

My dogs wishes have slowly started to appear, mainly hunting sleeping on beds/sofas and walking, however now my sims don't have the walk option. they are currently living on a house boat so I thought it might be because of that but even when I take them both on land the "go for a walk" option doesn't appear.
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I don't remember ever having the option to walk the dog disappear, but I am wondering about the area on land where you tried. It's a good guess the houseboat could be a problem. Is there a flat space? I remember playing a family in Isla Paradiso who lived on a houseboat and had a dog, and it was a challenge to find a spot near their port to do some things. I don't think the options disappeared, but they just couldn't carry them out until I found just the right spot.

Trying to think what else it might be . . . I don't think relationship level matters for walking (I've sent kids out with the family dog when they were barely acquainted ahead of time). Could there be a new mod interfering?
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread