Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The costumes in GeekCon needs to be updated with Get Famous

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
:p Yeah I take my sim to GeekCon and there is the rarity that it won't always rain.

But with the addition of Get Famous I was curious to see if the costumes got an update for sims to be wearing outfits from the sci-fi gig of the acting career as I do like male and female superhero outfits as well as the apocalyptic outfits as well.

Sadly while I took my sim to the convention to observe if any sim would walk on lot wearing the outfit they did not, which is pretty sad as I was hoping to see more variety in sims wearing costumes. I had dressed my sim in the new outfit, since I really the darker color swatch on it.
q8zXnIC.png

Not to mention, I think there should be an option for sims to change into some set costumes at geekcon (much like seasons with halloween) by clicking on them and choosing. Surprised there isn't some sims also walking around usually wearing some graphic tees from geekcon or other shirts in general. (See them so much when I go to conventions myself when one isn't cosplaying)

Would still like to see a costume category in general too so sims can change into them when thee' s aproper situation for them much like geekcon or a costume party.

Edit: Also, I think it'd be great if there was an option on sims when visiting Geekcon to be able to change into a preset outfit.
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by LadyKyn on

Comments

• DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    yes to the costume category. Definitely need that!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    yes to the costume category. Definitely need that!

Yeah, I tend to make a specific costume in the party category for sims, but I'll usually forget to remove it later, so it's odd when they show up in nightclubs dressed in a zombie school girl outfit or giant gnome. :#

I'd even take a code for being able to modify it like I can a career outfit.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Kudos on the costume category! Costumes are already tagged as such within the game's coding, so why can't we have one in CAS and through the various situations that require one? I can already think of not just at Geekcon, but also for Spooky holiday traditions and for Costume Party events too. I guess it could also work in reverse by introducing old costumes to the wardrobe changing station for GF as well!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2018
    Costumes are already tagged as such within the game's coding, so why can't we have one in CAS and through the various situations that require one? I can already think of not just at Geekcon, but also for Spooky holiday traditions and for Costume Party events too.

I wish we could tie specific costumes to calendar events. We would be able to have costume based holidays like Halloween, Day of the Dead, May the Fourth, etc. by assigning an outfit category and slot number in the calendar entry.

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I would love to have a Costume category!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    I wish they would update holiday costumes in Seasons so that we are able to use the the Spooky Stuff costumes!!
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Terra wrote: »
    I would love to have a Costume category!

Very much. Because I tend to forget to remove said costume form a sim and then I see them in a club dancing in a pirate outfit or even showing up at a party I scheduled. I kinda just end up using the club gathering to change outfits.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I have been wanting a costume category since Spooky Day now that we have Halloween its needed more now than ever.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I have been wanting a costume category since Spooky Day now that we have Halloween its needed more now than ever.

With so many costumes now there really needs to be one. It's odd that in Seasons sims visiting your home trick or treating can wear the new outfits, but it's not a choice when you click on your sim that and needs the same option much like the costume party so you can change into a set costume of your choosing especially since there's no costume category.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes! More managable costumes, please!

I use costumes a lot, and it is very frustrating when we can't utilize them across the packs for appropriate events and situations like Halloween and Geek Con.

I've also wanted the bar night themes to be customizable so we can create our own.
    #Team Occult
    Found a mod that updates Geekcon with the costumes from Get Famous. :)
    Qg3Kfi5.png
    ueKJMen.png
    vpdza9h.png

It definitely adds a lot more variety when your sim goes to the festival. Would still like an official update to this.

Not to mention when I thought about it I wondered why there wasn't an option to click on your sim to change into an outfit at Geekcon? Much like how you would change into a costume made for a Spooky holiday that's already preset.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Found a mod that updates Geekcon with the costumes from Get Famous. :)

Super late reply but where did you found that mod?
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    The mod is from here: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-grossstadtleben/ (nerdfestival_version2)

And there's also a mod to avoid rain during Geek Con: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/ (lottraitsunnyaspecttweak)
    The description on that one is not quite up to date but it prevents rain during Geek Con, Lamp and Blossom Festival

Plus one to make the wear costume interaction available during Geek Con: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/ (wearcostumetweak)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited April 2019
    Wouldn't it be good for EA/Maxis to give you an option to choose a costume out of Get Famous (if you have it) before you go there? Coming back in normal gear. I'd rather not have to use a Mod.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited April 2019
    I doubt that EA will add that option as it would render festivals incompatible for players without Get Famous. There was a test in the game code for whether an expansion was installed back in the days of TS2, but I haven't seen anything like it in TS4.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited April 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be good for EA/Maxis to give you an option to choose a costume out of Get Famous (if you have it) before you go there? Coming back in normal gear. I'd rather not have to use a Mod.

Before or after I do not mind. I'd just like the option to be able to click on my sim to have a list of costumes to pick from much like when I make the Spooky Day holiday and you can choose your sim.

On another note, I'd like sims to be able to choose their costume during a costume party as well. :)

@83bienchen Much thanks for answering. That site has a lot of nifty little mods. The best around. I really liked seeing a lot of variety in costume wear at geekcon. I really love them.
    5vJrxmT.png