Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCs having babies on their own?

Okay, the Goths are the only premades I actively play, but I do at least look at the other families every now and then, and I'm positive the Landgraabs only had one son the last time I checked. So where did that new baby come from that suddenly lives in their house?

I'm not using MC Command Centre or any other mod that enables story progression, and aging is only allowed for the currently played household, so even if the parents did get it on in some bush on a community lot while I wasn't looking, shouldn't she still be pregnant, if anything?

I've only experienced something like this once before, but in an active family where I deliberately got the woman pregnant before leaving to play with other sims, and when I returned, the baby was already there.

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Pregnant sims do give birth, even if ageing is off.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the only default sim that was put into the game pregnant is jesminder bheeda, who gives birth the first or second day of play after you install city living

the only times i've seen unplayed households get extra kids or puppies or married or whatnot are when i installed mccc briefly to fix some things (like making johnny zest actually be related to the other landgraabs) and then removed (and instantly had to go fix things mccc messed up, like making all my married aliens take their husband's names instead of keeping their own. bah)

i'm pretty sure sims won't 'try for baby' on their own and even 'woohoo' is pretty rare unless either initiated by a player or using mods that make them more likely (and even then, only things like mccc allow a chance at pregnancy with plain ol' woohoo) so i've got no clue what's going on in your game there
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @kalaksed you can set MCCC not to change last names (or not to do pretty much anything it does). If you sometimes install it, you should customize the settings so it doesn't even do the things you have to go through and 'fix'. You can then leave the settings file around when you remove the mod. The configuration file won't actually do anything (or even be loaded by the game I don't think) when the mod is not active, so it's a one time thing to customize the settings.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Well then, now I know that pregnant sims having babies even when you're not playing them is normal, but NPCs making babies autonomically is not. Thank goodness! Because I don't want my game to create more children without my approval. :s
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Yepppppp my NPCs are always having babies lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2018
    Same thing happened to Nancy in my game too. & also I noticed that Don Lothario moved to a new household and had a different last name. Then when my sim asked if he was single, she found out he has a husband.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Sooo, does that mean there is a form of story progression now but we're all using MCCC so we didn't notice ?
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    edited November 2018
    HeyHeyy wrote: »
    Same thing happened to Nancy in my game too. & also I noticed that Don Lothario moved to a new household and had a different last name. Then when my sim asked if he was single, she found out he has a husband.

Funny, just night the same thing happened in my game -- noticed Nancy was pregnant and that Don was now Don Flex. Coincidence is the main thing though, cuz i do have MCCC.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I want my NPCs having babies too! I'd love to see pregnant sims around town.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm guessing that most people with households getting pregnant, shifting members and such use mccc, since that's one of the biggest selling points of the mod (even though it still seems to surprise people when it happens)

but the original poster specifically said they were not using the mod at all, or any like it, so shouldn't have anything like that going on. that's why it's such a big deal for them. (i did doublecheck the landgraabs in my game and nancy isn't pregnant, so they didn't sneak in something akin to their earlier upgrade of the pancakes family with gf)
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    It would be cool if they added story progression? I haven't played in months, but just got a brand new PC and installed my old saved file. I noticed it looked like a bunch of Sims were still having babies, even though I realized MCCC is not working (even though it's installed, I plan to troubleshoot that tonight). (But it's also possible that these babies were conceived when I still had MCCC active on my Mac, so it's more likely that). The game without story progression is pretty much pointless to me (I'm a sucker for the generations and love that my generation three sims are interacting with heirs of the original premades).
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'm guessing that most people with households getting pregnant, shifting members and such use mccc, since that's one of the biggest selling points of the mod (even though it still seems to surprise people when it happens)
    that's why I don't like the mod. It's insanely big and I could never be bothered to go through it all and it just makes weird things happen that you didn't approve of.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    but the original poster specifically said they were not using the mod at all, or any like it, so shouldn't have anything like that going on. that's why it's such a big deal for them.

So far it's not game-breaking for me, since it has only happened once that someone had a baby without my permission. (At least as far as I know... Who knows what I'll find the next time I check on another premade family.) But I find it somewhat amusing that Nancy Landgraab seems to be the go-to sim for this kind of thing in other people's games as well. :D
    It would be cool if they added story progression?

I'd appreciate it for those who want it, but please, let there be an "off" option for those of us who don't want it! Because having to play with story progression would pretty much ruin the game for me.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Yeah I don't play the sims 3 anymore but when I did (without mods) the goths would sometimes randomly have another child, it's normally a boy in my games. They are weirdly the only sims I never played that had another child without already being pregnant at the start of the game. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it just sometimes happens with them. Idk why, maybe there was something wrong when they made them but I find it pretty cool myself.

This probably isn't helpful but your not the only one to have this happen at least
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I do not use MCCC and I have had three surprise babies. In one save Nancy Landgrab, Lily Feng and Anaya Jang all had babies. I did not notice any pregnancies but I discovered the babies when I visited their homes. I should look around there might be more I have not found yet. Don Lothario also switched residences completely on his own in the same save. I have not checked to see if this has happened in other saves.
  • FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    If I remember correctly, before I was using MCCC, the NPCs who were married did woohoo and had babies.
  • Subject_ZSubject_Z Posts: 1 New Member
    I have MCCC, and because of it the Goth family have another 5 children and one grandchild. A whole bunch of NPCs also have there own kids, is there a way to slow the amount of kids they have but still allow them to have kids?
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    I recall once having seen a NPC having a baby while not being in the world.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Mine have just started doing this too. I’ll open the manage world tab and random babies everywhere, with no relationship to anyone in their family. Just a bunch of baby room mates.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Can someone please confirm this??

Don't believe story progression is in game by default lol.
  • augustinoiaugustinoi Posts: 3 New Member
    i think its a shame. they not randomise that thing but there is a thing i do

use FreeRealEstate on game

não fill up families wich kid when you think that are few people until you get between 100 and 200 depending on your pc

use the community sims to make your job fast. (i take about 15 minutes doing this)
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Ya noticed this too Nacy showed up at a restaurant saw her baby bump and yes I have MCC and noticed Don moved out but were lol I looked all over towns currently have or did he died? Oo also one from windaburg one family of Elsa and Lisa mother had one too. lol, here I thought had to _ahem_ mod guess not.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    Guys, Nancy Landgraab is a baby machine! I've started playing with her family since the last time I posted here (meaning she's actually a played sim now), then left her alone for a few weeks, returned today, and what do I see?

baby-maschineunkcy.png

HELP! Where did those come from?? Granted, I've also installed MCCC in the meantime, mainly to use its face copying feature for aliens, but I never agreed to sims reproducing on their own! How do I stop this?
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    MCCC helps with autonomous NPC family concerns, it cuts out the micromanagement when you don't have to go through all the families to start up relationships, get the girl pregnant and then move across to another and do it all again. You get those settings right in MC Pregnancy and if you have the MC woowho installed, it helps out with additional settings for how families work out, how frequently they enjoy themselves and the like. It lets you focus on what you want to do.

Of course there is a downside to what MCCC does, especially if you set 25 sims per household, because you let them breed out of control, it will slow the game loading down and have a greater chance of causing game crashes and any last exception errors from popping up more frequently which can glitch the game. TS4 may have been designed for the potential of unlimited sims, but it doesn't work like that. So try to keep the household numbers to 8-12 sims, and thereby reducing the trouble MCCC brings with it by a long way on the autonomy side.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The Landgraabs always have a second child in my game. It's usually a girl though.
    funny-gifs20.gif