Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Day gift problem?

So apparently, I either have to arrange the flowers I bought into a bouquet to give to another Sim, or I have to give them something else? Whenever I click on the Give Love Day Gift interaction, it won't do anything. I bought flowers to give but it won't let me give them.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    So apparently, I either have to arrange the flowers I bought into a bouquet to give to another Sim, or I have to give them something else? Whenever I click on the Give Love Day Gift interaction, it won't do anything. I bought flowers to give but it won't let me give them.

Have you tried ordering a romantic gift from the pc?

The flower maybe stuck in your sims inventory.

Do you have any cc or mods?

This might be a bug.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

Have you tried ordering a romantic gift from the pc?

The flower maybe stuck in your sims inventory.

Do you have any cc or mods?

This might be a bug.

I may have to take out some mods to see what happens.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I doubt it is your mods - as I have no mods or CC and just had Love day in my game and could not give a gift of flowers - in fact I did not get any of the 3 things on the Calendar and tried several things. I also do not have the new Get Famous either. I think one of the patches messed some things up - as I also could not hire a Gardner of any kind for my sims out side garden - the Gardner is greyed out. I was also having issue with the Science career - like the plants are not producing anything to pick at the science center - and several of the science tasks are not working - like use a ray gun on grass - the grass is no longer reacting. When a task tells you to talk to a co-worker about almost anything it requests - no matter how many times you click the request never comes up. Like I was supposed to talk to a certain sim about work - never could get it to come up. On top of it I had to hire all the people at the science center - there was no one there but my sim to start with. I ended up going into manage sims and making sims quit their job and go to work at the science center to have co-workers.

The GF patches are messing up hands on jobs and certain calendar holidays - definitely Love Day.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I doubt it is your mods - as I have no mods or CC and just had Love day in my game and could not give a gift of flowers - in fact I did not get any of the 3 things on the Calendar and tried several things. I also do not have the new Get Famous either. I think one of the patches messed some things up - as I also could not hire a Gardner of any kind for my sims out side garden - the Gardner is greyed out. I was also having issue with the Science career - like the plants are not producing anything to pick at the science center - and several of the science tasks are not working - like use a ray gun on grass - the grass is no longer reacting. When a task tells you to talk to a co-worker about almost anything it requests - no matter how many times you click the request never comes up. Like I was supposed to talk to a certain sim about work - never could get it to come up. On top of it I had to hire all the people at the science center - there was no one there but my sim to start with. I ended up going into manage sims and making sims quit their job and go to work at the science center to have co-workers.

The GF patches are messing up hands on jobs and certain calendar holidays - definitely Love Day.

This really bites because I just got Seasons when it was on sale.

Someone needs to mention this to SimGuruNick.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I just had Love Day and it was quite successful -- my Sim bought a rose using the phone and was able to gift it successfully, and his girlfriend had Bird of Paradise in her inventory from the Romance Festival and was also able to complete the task.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    @stilljustme2 I think I'll try buying via phone and then once Love Day is over, I'm going to remove the buying flowers tradition until it's fixed.

I just had Love Day and it was quite successful -- my Sim bought a rose using the phone and was able to gift it successfully, and his girlfriend had Bird of Paradise in her inventory from the Romance Festival and was also able to complete the task.

The buy from phone seems buggy. It doesn't always show up on the phone. Sometimes I have to use the pc to buy gifts.
    @catloverplayer The PC one is bugged for me too so I'm just going to have to remove the buy flowers tradition until it's fixed.

Please report this here. I searched and didn't find this bug posted.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    edited November 2018

The buy from phone seems buggy. It doesn't always show up on the phone. Sometimes I have to use the pc to buy gifts.

You probably have the GF pack - I notice that me a bunch of others who did not buy GF has lots of things not working that people with GF amazingly don't have issues with. Even having it and then uninstalling those things still worked but for people who never bought it - well we are just out of luck then. I reported a me to on the Science career things - and a me too on another thing. I have another new save I started to day and see if these things are not working for this sim s well before I report any more. But I also see other people talking about these problem and I do not believe it is a coincidence it is broke for us that did not buy GF - but oddly uninstalling GF if you did buy it still have no issue with their games like we do who never got it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    I had all the holidays come and go after the GF patch, but before the EP itself was available, @Writen_Reg, and had no issues with completing any of the holiday traditions (or hiring a gardener), so there is more to it than just whether or not someone has the GF pack.

The gardener issue is, I know, an existing game glitch because there is a mod to fix it...but it does not effect everyone, even those who don't have the latest expansion and apparently also can affect those who do have the expansion, given that the modder has GF and still felt that the fix mod needed to be updated for it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Okay, I disabled mods, and I was able to give the gift, so a mod is definitely interfering.
    Okay, I disabled mods, and I was able to give the gift, so a mod is definitely interfering.

But I don't use mods or cc or even game cheats.

In dreams - I LIVE!