March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is everyone making money?

My character is now a B-Lister Actor and is still broke. When do we start making real money?

Comments

• Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    My sim is level 5 in the actor career and has finally saved up about 7,000. His wife is also working in social media, so some of that is her pay as well. B-Lister, fame level? Fame doesn't do anything for how much money you get as far as I know.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My actor sim is a vlogger and vlogs anything and everything he does. He also has a deal (one of the fame perks) where they contact him to record a particular thing and download it. He makes a lot in royalties.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Mine has a money tree.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    money is slow in the acting career everytime i get few bucks i have upgrade something in my house so she is a starving actress lol
  • MadaeMadae Posts: 15 Member
    Painting is the undisputed best way to make money in this game, IMO. Without even being loaded up on perks that help crafting/gain, a masterpiece can sell for about 5-6k sometimes. Not bad for an hour or so of work.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Mine has a money tree.

+1
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited November 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Mine has a money tree.

I was just about to say this. Perfect money tree. Gives 30k every time my Sims harvest it. ^_^ Also counts towards the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration, so it's great for satisfaction points, too. (Plus, when the aspiration is complete, the Sims earn more money from the Shrewd trait every week.)

I've put it up on the gallery, if anyone's interested: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8D33BCED99A411E88FFF3C2574E1C2F6
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2018
    Along with things like fan mail, my sims tend to get overly nice gifts from fans. One was actually a money tree seed and something else that was was pretty expensive. Not to mention upon getting autographs from big time celebrities I got one appraised twice for Judith Ward and it's worth 6,300. I know there's a few chance cards that do pop up for your sim to gain money and fame, yet take a shot at their reputation as well. Think I earned 3K from one of them.

Have my actress staying in an apartment for the moment, since the rent never changes. Kinda started he off at 0 money and went from there. Just about ready to buy her a pent house now.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Jenny0729Jenny0729 Posts: 23 Member
    The lottery came around and her best friend won, so they became roomies. :D
  • ThunderskadiThunderskadi Posts: 1 New Member
    Well, honestly, the new Media production skill was and still is my main source of income. I made my Sim an actress/musician type of celebrity, so she was getting tons of money from royalties. Make a deal with a record label, upload trendy vids and spend fame points on the 1st and 3rd branch. I think I spend around 5 game weeks to move to that biggest lot in Pinnacles. So I advise combining your career with making videos at least.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Madae wrote: »
    Painting is the undisputed best way to make money in this game, IMO.

I dunno about that, I would definitely dispute this :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    My character is now a B-Lister Actor and is still broke. When do we start making real money?

That sounds awfully realistic lol. Money from the side hustle and personal promotions would make sense! Or accept that it takes more than B-list to make a good life.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mikepapaycikmikepapaycik Posts: 82 Member
    in my game bella goth won the lottery. My sim(recent widow) who is a 4 star celebmoved her in and she "disappeared" no body or urn was discovered. He bought a celeb home and i cheated his money down to 25K in the bank so his acting money is just paying the bills. i don't like cheating money but he has his celeb home now n needs to constantly work acting gigs n record new music to pay bills and support his partying
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    Painting, writing, and making music on the new music making table. I do a lot of different things. They need to fix The acting career payment. Oh I also collect collectibles by digging, and have a yard sale. I also sometimes have my sims entertain in public for tips. I also sell their photos they take.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Mine is recording music and got a contract with that Maxis agency. Right now she pulls in almost 10k in royalties.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    My Sim Venus is at the top level for the Style Influencer career. She was making just over $2k per work day, but she just got that special perk for being a Level 5 celebrity (I forget what it's called) so I'm sure her income will double the next time she goes to work. She also gets paid over $1k every time she writes and turns in a style column now that her Writing skill is Level 9. On the side, she's also a great singer and pianist.

Marcus Flex, her husband, vlogs almost daily. He uses the drone to record videos of himself and Venus living their celebrity life. He makes about $5k in royalties on most days, but I've seen it slip down to $3k every so often. That's why I have him do things like hype the next video or promote the old ones. He's also the one who will edit and submit videos.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Here’s what you can truly expect to make if you break into Hollywood.

Actor
    The Hollywood Reporter estimates that A-list movie stars routinely make $15 million to $20 million for top roles in big-budget films. Secondary lead actors in a movie such as The Force Awakens earned an estimated $1.5 million to $4.5 million. Meanwhile, lesser-known actors like Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman or Henry Cavill in Man of Steel might only get $150,000 to $300,000 even though they were starring in their movies.

According to Payscale, the median salary for an actor or actress in general—in plays, TV, and the movies, without regard to the size of the role—is far, far less: $50,529 per year.

Makeup Artist
    The typical makeup artist working in the film industry earns about $48 an hour, or roughly $75,000 a year, per The Hollywood Reporter. But a makeup artist working on a big-budget movie will make $124,000, or perhaps more. The median wage for a makeup artist in or out of the movie business is only $17.79 per hour, according to Payscale.com data.

Camera Operator
    A camera operator’s median earnings in the TV or film business are just under $50,000 a year. If you’re working on a big-budget movie, though, you’ll earn up to $154,000 a year.

Screenwriter
    The latest Writers Guild agreement requires that film screenwriters be paid at least $72,600 for an original script and $63,500 for an adaptation, but Hollywood Reporter says that top talent such as Aaron Sorkin routinely pulls in $3 to $5 million per script. The median annual salary for a screenwriter is $72,414.

Producer
    Payscale reports that the median annual salary for a producer in TV and films is just $66,121. However, the typical Hollywood film producer earns $750,000 to $1 million per movie, though first-time producers might make only $250,000. Producers behind monster box office hits can pull in tens of millions.

Boom Operator
    The person whose job it is to hold the microphone above actors’ heads but out of the camera frame—a.k.a. the boom operator—makes about $37,000 for working on low-budget films, $72,000 for typical studio films, and up to $120,625 for big-budget movies, according to Hollywood Reporter estimates.

Director
    Directors overseeing their first big-budget films make around $500,000, according to Hollywood Reporter. But if you direct a big-time hit, your earnings can soar. Patty Jenkins was reportedly paid $1 million for Wonder Woman, and after it proved to be the second-biggest movie of 2017 (thus far), she agreed to direct the sequel for $8 million to $9 million.

Key Grip
    The job of a grip is to build and oversee all the equipment needed to support cameras and lighting, including dollies, tripods, cranes, and such. The key grip, who is in charge of all grip duties on the set, makes an estimated $113,920 on a big-budget film, and perhaps $25 to $35 an hour for work on TV shows and low-budget films, according to Hollywood Reporter.

To be fair
    To pay your Sims what they should get paid just use cheat code, Money then the amount. EA mostly underpay for careers. But overcharge for rent. remember our rent is weekly. I do enjoy rags to riches sometimes.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Before my sim purchased the money tree reward... I abused having high charisma skill. Make plenty of friends, ask for loans, never pay them back. B)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    My Sim didn't really start making much money until she got higher up in the Actor career, so I supplemented it with playing guitar and singing for tips (which also helped to raise her fame), as well as becoming a YouTuber (which, again, raised her fame). She's currently at level 9 of the Actor career and while not rich, earns plenty to live in a nice house and pay bills.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I have my Sims make money as I always do....they have their career but also get supplemental income from a hobby like painting or writing. & that media production has great payout per day for music. My Sim is an entrepreneur and he media production (on the music side) & makes tips playing guitar/DJ'ing/Piano, etc. He's not rich by no means, but he's got a comfortable lifestyle.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I have no idea how you have a hard time making money if anything I don’t know what to do with the money. My sims own a 5 star restaurant she’s also a very famous singer. She creates singing videos, sings at the family owned restaurant and then throws a ton of events. She has the perk where she gets free stuff and sometimes she sells them or uses them her husband is a stay at home dad but runs chess tournaments and also creates chess videos on the side to make extra money.
    They have 100k that I haven’t used. Also Christmas just passed and Santa gave them some sweet gifts a high tech computer and a media station.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    My sim produces songs, and rake in a nice amount of royalties. Can't depend on the bird seeds I get from acting twice a week. :P
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Playing in bars and lounges as a singer/songwriter/producer gives you a lot of money.

Tan585R.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

What's the problem? its something missing in the game that should be patched in, so that actors/actress, can be more like what goes on in reality. The ability to get sponsors and or endorsements.

endorsements are what you can do when you are better known.
    So how can they do that in the game? they have commercials, they should get checks. Ok, I have already heard that people start dressing like the stars or their idols. So when people wear what the stars wear they should get endorsement checks. Also, they could have a choice through the mail or computer which products they want to endorse. that can bring them money to pay bills and keep up their career until they make it big.

sponsors will come first. because they give you money before your well known.
    Also, they should be able to get offers of sponsors and when they do not have money they could look for sponsors on the computers. sponsors will give them money in a sponsorship deal and in return they will wear there outfit or say they love their product, or where their pin.
    They can have lots of sponsors because most will not be fully sponsored by one company.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • DiamondSimmerDiamondSimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    I personally found that if you have the Master Actor Aspiration, I think you make money, or just complete the tasks before going to the gig, and you should make more money once doing the Risky Actions.