September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!

Sims 4 OFF THE LAND Expansion Pack [Farming]

1235...Next

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,636 Member
    It looks so cool but I have the feelings it's too much for an EP in TS4...

The lots are way too small and we would need a bunch of 60x60 above to build an actual farm. Even that wouldn’t seem to be enough. 80x80 at the smallest for an actual farm with acres or raising livestock.
    OriginID: hestiah23 | Showcase
    jfIpSFy.png
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 81 Member
    This would be a great pack if we got half of what's suggested. In response to what someone said about selling meat, I wish sims could cook the fish they catch. A farm pack should also include a carnival and open market.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,282 Member
    A farmer's market would be cool. I didn't realize Sims can't cook the fish in Sims4. I haven't gotten to fishing yet.
    I keep having problems where I start to play & then realize I want custom content bc I can't find what I'm looking for so I close it & start downloading & then get distracted.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 3,548 Member
    Is it weird that, despite absolutely HATING everything about Farming, I really want a Farming pack now?
    s8EMvHa.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,629 Member
    There's some backgrounds and props already made for a Western Ranching type pack in Get Famous. That sheriff's jail, swing doors and bar!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,369 Member
    We could have a variety of different farms, like a cow & chicken farm, crop farm, horse ranch or vineyard where you make nectar!
    a256aFi.gif
    New Build/Buy: Sliding barn doors, chicken wire fence, farm stall fencing, silos, butter/dairy churn, spinning wheel, sewing machine, mechanical rodeo bull, I could see the industrial/rustic items (like sliding barn doors) work really well in an urban loft build--so these items have cross-appeal for sure.

Farm animal objects:
    Troughs, straw beds (3x5 area of straw for farm animals to sleep in), automatic feeding high-tech through, cow barn, chicken coops, horse stable
    a256aFi.gif
    I like all of the ideas in the last post. Automatic water troughs are a good idea. I have one on my farm. I just remembered I need to buy more hay for my cows.
    The chicken coop we had was very sophisticated with automatic waterers, feeders that could be filled up & distributed more food as they ate, & heat lamps to keep them warm in winter. It was put inside the barn for extra protection from the elements-- that was mostly for the younger chickens. Once they were old enough to safely roam in the chickenyard there was a chicken house with nesting boxes, large feeders, & a pond they could drink from.
    It‘s coming!
    tumblr_pxj2deLmt31xsrayeo2_r1_540.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 634 Member
    I rather make soda than nectar.
    It‘s coming!
    tumblr_pxj2deLmt31xsrayeo2_r1_540.png
    Awesome!! While I want it to be soon, I'm hoping they will take their time to create it well & not just slap something together with little content that needs to be patched majorly later on.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 457 Member
    I hope its farming but chances are slim, its only says horses nothing much added.

The Sims Game
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 2,907 Member
    Hmm...

If the world has a few lots that has dirt paths and not so much visible “stuff” I could use it for historical saves.

Yay for knitting and more stuff to craft with the handiness-skill.

Chickens would be great! I would really like that.

Homeschooling could be fun.

Ehh... zero interest in the mechanical bull, we all want different things I guess. I just don’t tie that together with farming or Off-The-Grid. Feels like that would eat all the animations for little amusement. I mean it’s fun but I think I prefer it if the animation-budget went elsewhere.

Had a sim living Off-The-Grid in Sulani and it was a lot of fun. I quite like it.

Hmm... Guess I don’t see farming or Off-The-Grid as anti-tech, rather not wanting to be wasteful but again that can just be me. However, it could certainly be a fun trait to play with so this could be a good place to get it in. First sim ever who doesn’t dive after the mobile in that case. How would that work. Personally I use mods just to get my sims off the phone, a sim who doesn’t like it or run to a computer ASAP would be a nice change.