Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

Sims 4 Farming Expansion Pack Ideas [Farming]

123457...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 3,451 Member
    I want a Western Farming World where it's like Little House on the Prairie meets Bonanza meets Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman meets Anne of Green Gables meets The Waltons with NO VIDEO GAMING PHONES.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,610 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I want a Western Farming World where it's like Little House on the Prairie meets Bonanza meets Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman meets Anne of Green Gables meets The Waltons with NO VIDEO GAMING PHONES.

Yes! Some Western farming elements would be amazing
    Don't forget cowboys and horses!
    a256aFi.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 4,325 Member
    edited March 21
    We need to grow cotton, a new plant, to use in a sewing machine. I want a sewing machine with patterns so badly. It would be nice if we could have a color wheel for it like we got in cats and dogs., and lots of patterns. Sewing could be a skill

I would also like reproducible livestock. Chickens we could get eggs from, sell, or use for food. Cows we could get milk from, sell, or use for food. Sheep we could sheer to use for wool in nifty knitting, sell or use for food. Pigs we could befriend, sell, or use for food ( a pot belly pig would be cute as a pet too). I would like rabbits also, for pets and as live stock for meat ( personally I would mostly use them as pets ). But some do eat rabbit. And ducks for a pond would be cute as well. I would like to see the animals ( other than ducks ), roam around in a fenced off area and have a house ( coop or barn as well ). And to have good quality animals we would have to consistently feed them. I don’t want livestock taking up room as a household member Except if you wanted a pot belly pig as a pet. Bunnies ( rabbits) should be able to be held and petted, taken in the house and given a cage rather like the hamsters, if you want them as a pet, or use them as livestock like the other animals, to have a rabbit hutch and run freely in a fenced in area.

It would even be cute if we could have a carpenter skill to build barns, coops etc., but I don’t expect that.

I’d like to see canning, either a canning station to make jams and such, or the stove. This could be a skill. A butter churn and cheese processing would be nice as well. And I would love a juicer. As a kitchen functional item.

Crops I’d like to see are cotton, hay, corn, and some fruit tree’s....oranges for sure, it would be nice to have an electric or even old fashioned squeezer to make home made orange juice too, marmalade could be made canning. The orange juicer could also be used on lemons for lemonade as well.

I want a large world with a few sizable lots. Several 30x40. A couple 50x50 or 64x64. And, a few smaller lots as well. For the town lots 30x20, 20x20, and 20x15’ would be fine. At least 5 town lots, 5 big farming lots and 5 medium sized lots., and one big county fair lots, with a fair at least once per season, and a weekly farmers market.

I’d like to see the fair have games, and rides, and livestock contests with ribbons awarded to some for their animals, a 4 H club would be cool for high schoolers. Pie eating contests, greased pig contests. When horses are added, they could add a big grandstand with a rodeo too.

Of course it would be nice to have a few new foods as well.

I also want horses and llamas, but I’d like to see them in a game pack or expansion of their own, as they aren’t livestock, and horses should be rideable. The town could be an off shoot of the farming expansion. I think a rodeo would be nice to include with a horse pack. A small town with a larger rodeo center. As well as a big rodeo ( grandstand) in the Farming Expansion pack. It would be nice to have some extra functions if you have both packs.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 75 Member
    Yes, i would love to see a Farm Expansion, it would be awesome :)
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 168 Member
    -Cow corral
    -Chicken coop
    -Grandpa tractor
    -Water wheel
    -Butter churn
    -Loom (functional)
    -Forging
    -Horses
    -Wood chopping
    -Canning
    -Playable pets
    -Sheep wool (Knitting SP compatible)
    -Goat milk and cheese
    -Composting
    Mak27 wrote: »
    -Cow corral
    -Chicken coop
    -Grandpa tractor
    -Water wheel
    -Butter churn
    -Loom (functional)
    -Forging
    -Horses
    -Wood chopping
    -Canning
    -Playable pets
    -Sheep wool (Knitting SP compatible)
    -Goat milk and cheese
    -Composting

I really like your ideas! They should definitely add those
    a256aFi.gif
    I would also like Jam Making in a farming expansion, where we could put our harvestables to good use and craft fruit jam
    a256aFi.gif
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 168 Member

I really like your ideas! They should definitely add those

Do you think propane tanks and cylinders can fit in a farming EP? I mean, introducing a water heating system that requires propane along with the stove and dryer machines (upgrade)?

• ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 411 Member
    All I can see here is take a look at Amish farming....off the grid...and most of the things represented in the original post :wink:
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
    All I can see here is take a look at Amish farming....off the grid...and most of the things represented in the original post :wink:

Would be cool if we could get some historical clothing too!
    a256aFi.gif
    This is how I want cows to work in Sims 4!

a256aFi.gif
    I hope we‘ll get new harvestables like corn or cabbage
    a256aFi.gif