Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Farming Expansion Pack Ideas [Farming]

Comments

• AllisimAllisim Posts: 19 Member
    I’d be down for this
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    We should also be able to grow corn stalks
    MTS_icemunmun-1680440-TS4_x642017-03-0523-21-32-25.jpg

And wheat to feed cows, sheep, etc.
    w-235h-220-588098.jpg

agree B)
    I would like to see more chose of vegetables and fruit, the sims 3 had so much more :s
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Horses? (You can ride on them)
    they produce poop, which is fantastic for growing roses.

Cheese Making
    Use milk that's produced by cows can be used at the butter churn to produce homemade cheese & butter!
    Who uses a butter churn to make cheese?
    Cheese making is more about stirring, straining and moulding
    Online-Cheese-making-Courses-Australia-Online-Courses-1.jpg?fit=1200%2C900&ssl=1

Sewing machine & Sewing skill
    From the whool of the sheep you can sew your own clothes with the sewing machine.
    You'd have to card, spin and weave the wool before you could sew it.
    Perhaps spinning and knitting would be a better option for wool.
    But sewing can be done with feed-bags and flour bags.

7b121494316caa99f3bdaf8ad8e7cf5a--chicken-feed-chicken-chick.jpg
    1c030d3f5bce01e191bc632682ee2106--grooming-dogs-chicken-crafts.jpg

In the 1930's they made pretty flourbags.
    sack-cloth-bags.jpg

dress-bags-chicken.png

Generator to produce Electricity.
    That's a terribly wasteful idea. Why not have solar panels and wind turbines instead?

Homeschooling
    giC2Nh7.png Kids & teens can be homeschooled by their parents to have more time to help on the farm. The next school might be miles away.
    Parents aren't quilified to teach, so why not send your sprogs to school of the air?
    r887259_8864653.jpg
    school-of-the-air-australia-B1K62A.jpg

Did you just come to take every idea down? Half of the things you say aren't even necessary to think about in a sims game and 'parents aren't able to teach their kids'? Pls, don't make me laugh. If that's how you think of yourself, then that's pretty bad.

I think the farming pack is a great idea and have been loving this since the day i have seen it on the forum. Cant believe EA has been ignoring it till now. Gotta come some day as it would be a great success if you look at the enthusiastic fans everywhere.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Horses? (You can ride on them)
    they produce poop, which is fantastic for growing roses.

Cheese Making
    Use milk that's produced by cows can be used at the butter churn to produce homemade cheese & butter!
    Who uses a butter churn to make cheese?
    Cheese making is more about stirring, straining and moulding
    Online-Cheese-making-Courses-Australia-Online-Courses-1.jpg?fit=1200%2C900&ssl=1

Sewing machine & Sewing skill
    From the whool of the sheep you can sew your own clothes with the sewing machine.
    You'd have to card, spin and weave the wool before you could sew it.
    Perhaps spinning and knitting would be a better option for wool.
    But sewing can be done with feed-bags and flour bags.

7b121494316caa99f3bdaf8ad8e7cf5a--chicken-feed-chicken-chick.jpg
    1c030d3f5bce01e191bc632682ee2106--grooming-dogs-chicken-crafts.jpg

In the 1930's they made pretty flourbags.
    sack-cloth-bags.jpg

dress-bags-chicken.png

Generator to produce Electricity.
    That's a terribly wasteful idea. Why not have solar panels and wind turbines instead?

Homeschooling
    giC2Nh7.png Kids & teens can be homeschooled by their parents to have more time to help on the farm. The next school might be miles away.
    Parents aren't quilified to teach, so why not send your sprogs to school of the air?
    r887259_8864653.jpg
    school-of-the-air-australia-B1K62A.jpg

Did you just come to take every idea down? Half of the things you say aren't even necessary to think about in a sims game and 'parents aren't able to teach their kids'? Pls, don't make me laugh. If that's how you think of yourself, then that's pretty bad.

I think the farming pack is a great idea and have been loving this since the day i have seen it on the forum. Cant believe EA has been ignoring it till now. Gotta come some day as it would be a great success if you look at the enthusiastic fans everywhere.

agreed

i hope they do this type of pack

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    We need to vote for "Farmers" in the community vote! (Link below)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CH8FFHX
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I love all the ideas here. The weekly market for farmers would be great! Like that it has a purpose to produce.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2019
    New Trait: Eco-Friendly
    These Sims prefer a lifestyle of energy conservation, recycling and sustainable eating. Eco-friendly Sims want to protect the environment and hate waste.
    • They take showers much quicker
    • Hate taking baths and playing on Slip N' Slide (Backyard Stuff) since it's a waste of water
    • Get highly positive moodlet from eating harvestables
    • Get a great moodlet when on lots with "Off the Grid" lot trait or near solar panels/ water pumps
    • Learn gardening much quicker
    • Can talk about composting, going green, recycling, and renewable energy
    • Rather use a clothesline and wash tub than a dryer and washing machine to do laundry. [Requires Laundry Day Stuff]
    a256aFi.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    YES YES YES
    Yes to all of it!
    I need this pack so badly.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Get your vote in in time then as Farming is one of the four last options. It's just a game not like Graham's thread so not to be taken seriously. I like all of those options though.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957258/2019-sims-theam-madness-the-final-four#latest
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I'd like that, and we could have horses with it. They'd have to give us very big lots though !
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I'd like that, and we could have horses with it. They'd have to give us very big lots though !

Unfortunately it looks like they are thinking of Farming and horses separately given that they are two of the last four choices.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    A farming pack is my biggest wish, with a follow-to-work job as a farmer. But I am not too sure, that my computer can cope with more expansions. :(
    I really hope they add horses to a Farming Expansion alongside farm animals, nectar making and canning.
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You know they're going to name it GET OFF THE LAND.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think you meant Sims 4: Get Off MY Land! :D
    a256aFi.gif
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think you meant Sims 4: Get Off MY Land! :D

LOL! I like that better.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I just watched a video on how they used to turn flax into linen & I had no idea how long the process was. I'm sure they can do some of it faster now, but this was really fascinating & I think it would be cool of Sims could do it (although at a sped up pace). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFuj7sXVnIU
    edited April 2019
    Suceress wrote: »
    I just watched a video on how they used to turn flax into linen & I had no idea how long the process was. I'm sure they can do some of it faster now, but this was really fascinating & I think it would be cool of Sims could do it (although at a sped up pace). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFuj7sXVnIU

Cool idea! Crafting of any kind would be essential to a Farming expansion!
    We have already mentioned Nectar making, butter churning, making preserves and jam (canning), cheese making, spinning jarn, cheese making...
    a256aFi.gif
    edited May 2019
    Traits for a Farming/ Off The Grid Expansion:

Eco-Friendly trait
    Eco-Friendly Sims prefer a lifestyle of energy conservation, recycling and sustainable eating
    • Eco-friendly Sims take showers much faster than other Sims
    • Can do a "quick wash" at a sink
    • Get constant happy buff when on a lot with "Off The Grid" lot trait
    • Get happy buff when eating harvestables
    • Prefer to use solar cookers instead of stoves
    • Get happy around green energy sources like solar panels
    • Can talk about composting, going green, recycling, and renewable energy
    • Get a negative moodlet when driving a car
    • Eco-friendly Sims enjoy gardening and will get many positive moodlets from it
    Integration with Laundry Day Stuff:
    • Eco-friendly Sims would rather use a clothesline & wash tub rather than a dryer & washer

Technophobe trait
    Technophobe Sims despise everything electronical. They refuse to use or even be near electronic appliances.
    • Get uncomfortable around electronics (TV, radio, fridge, dishwasher...)
    • Autonomously use non-electronic devices to fulfill needs
    • Can sabotage all electronic devices
    • Won't gain any fun when using TVs or radios
    • Can smash electronics to pieces to gain upgrade parts, even if visiting another household
    • Technophobes are bad at repairing electrical appliances and have higher chances to die from Electricution
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I would like to add that maybe Sims can have septic tanks & can recycle/clean the water to re-use to fit in w/ the eco friendly side. They should also be able to have rain barrels to catch rain & the water from it can be used to water plants or can be purified & re-used for showers & toilet flushing.
    edited May 2019
    I would like to add that maybe Sims can have septic tanks & can recycle/clean the water to re-use to fit in w/ the eco friendly side. They should also be able to have rain barrels to catch rain & the water from it can be used to water plants or can be purified & re-used for showers & toilet flushing.

I don't agree with having rain barrels. If you don't own Seasons it doesn't make sense to have rain barrels when it doesn't rain at all. They should rather add water pumps that use ground water in order to have water on an lot with "Off The Grid" lot trait.

Here's a water pump:
    MTS_rebecah-755199-RedRecolor.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    edited May 2019

I don't agree with having rain barrels. If you don't own Seasons it doesn't make sense to have rain barrels when it doesn't rain at all. They should rather add water pumps that use ground water in order to have water on an lot with "Off The Grid" lot trait.

Here's a water pump:
    MTS_rebecah-755199-RedRecolor.jpg

i think both a rain barrel or water pump would be a neat feature

cc ones look great

so many new functional mods for this type of theme

rain barrels
    water pumps
    canning station
    chicken scoop
    Functional Hen
    cow/goats farm animal

it amazes me just how many mods there are for things still not included in the official game.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/904156/cc-for-living-off-the-grid

i hope some of this does come to packs mind
    Post edited by marcel21 on

edited May 2019
    Here‘s how farm animals might work:

hqdefault.jpg

As a step up from Sims 3, farm animals shouldn‘t be an object. They behave similar to roombas from C&D and you can create your own custom cages by using fences.
    • You will need to place a barn or coop inside the fenced-off area. Then you can purchase farm animals by clicking on the barn
    • You have to place water and food troughs inside the enclosure or else farm animals get taken away
    • Farm animals eat hay and you can also grow your own hay. Sometimes hay piles up to a haystack in which you can WooHoo in.
    • You can encurage farm animals of opposite gender to breed with each other. This will result in farm animal babies like calfs, lambs and chicks. When breeding, farm animals will go into the barn.

Like pets, once farm animals get too old they die of old age, but can‘t die of starvation or fire. (That would be sad) Instead they get taken away if they don‘t get fed.
    a256aFi.gif
    Here‘s how farm animals might work:

hqdefault.jpg

As a step up from Sims 3, farm animals shouldn‘t be an object. They behave similar to roombas from C&D and you can create your own custom cages by using fences.
    • You will need to place a barn or coop inside the fenced-off area. Then you can purchase farm animals by clicking on the barn
    • You have to place water and food troughs inside the enclosure or else farm animals get taken away
    • Farm animals eat hay and you can also grow your own hay. Sometimes hay piles up to a haystack in which you can WooHoo in.
    • You can encurage farm animals of opposite gender to breed with each other. This will result in farm animal babies like calfs, lambs and chicks. When breeding, farm animals will go into the barn.

Like pets, once farm animals get too old they die of old age, but can‘t die of starvation or fire. (That would be sad) Instead they get taken away if they don‘t get fed.

If farm animals become sims, they will take up a slot in your household. Why would you want that? If they are tied to an object like a coop or cow shed, you can place as many coops or sheds as you wish without it affecting your household limit. Plus, they could add other farm animals that we could use for supplies like sheep/wool, geese/feathers, pigs/bacon, goats/milk, etc. If they are tied to an object, the number of different farm animals would only be limited by the devs imagination.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I hope that if they have chickens & chicken coups they find a way to have a shout out to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NONtnPEAE

....Perhaps a death by chickens being in there. >:)