Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad at face sculpting

I just realized that I suck at face sculpting. Because what I care about is character concept.

I don't mind dressing my sims up and choosing hair (at least, for the default outfit, the rest never ends and killed more than once my enthusiasm to start a new family).

So, I just do slight variations of premade characters... Or none. Because... Costumes.

Isn't it just wonderful?

You stamp a costume on your sim for everything and you never have to see their face again, except for when they shower.

I guess I could just download sims from the gallery... But I'm stubborn that way.

Back in the sims 1, you did not have to worry about sculpting anything... But then it got complicated, lol.

Who else sucks at face sculpting? How do you get over it?
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I practice on premades, being so many of them look odd. I’m more of a builder than a sim maker. And I ignore anything on the gallery as far as sims go, because it lacks multi-ethnicity/diversity, and almost every single sim in there is overly sexied up. So maybe try practicing on premades, because many need the help.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    When I first started doing it I would edit sims off the gallery. But eventually you get better at it and can make your own from scratch. It's just a matter of practice, like most things.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Okay, I'll help saving the townies. ;) It's true I started building after editing homes... It's logical.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...