Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't open my game at all!

Hi guys! It's Kai, back at it again with another game issue!-

I hate to name it like that but it's true. For multiple reasons I had to do a full factory reset of my PC. I backed up this specific save on Mediafire and redownloaded it today, set it in my saves folder and started up.
unknown.png

This is what's in the folder.
The folders name is Jaspvid Save.sims3

When loading, it'll instantly load and go to a black screen, saying that it could not be loaded and that I should reset my game and try again.

Is there anything I can do? I don't want to lose this family- I'm incredibly devastated and I don't have them anywhere else.

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited November 2018
    Are you saying that your computer crashes when you select this save from the Main Menu, or when you first launch? Can you load a brand new save in a clean folder? (Have you reinstalled Sunlit Tides from the store?) The best approach is to get to a point where you know your TS3 game folder is working and has all of the content (store, mods, cc) you need to run this save. Then copy the save into that folder and test again. If it refuses to load, you'll know that the save itself is corrupt in some way.

Also, if you're on patch 1.69, try unchecking and rechecking the packs in the launcher. Sometimes they won't all load, even if you've enabled them, and a save that relies on content from an absent pack might not load either.

If you can't launch the game even in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag, post it on a site like pastebin.com (free), and link it here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @puzzlezaddict
    I've had this issue before.Its not the computer crashing.We'll load the game, click our save and click play.The game will load super super fast, but then zap us back to the main menu and say "the save could not be loaded" I don't have this issue at this time, but I did in the past and it was always saves that I had backed up for a reason.And not all my backed up saves did that.Only certain ones.Unfortunately, I was never able to recover them.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Springfairy556 That may well be true for the OP, but it sounds like it may be worth trying everything possible to recover that save. As I said before, if a game folder has all necessary content to load that save, and it can load a new save but not the old one, than the problem is the old save itself. But TS3 crashes for so many reasons, both hardware-related and not, the clean folder test is always a good place to start.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    @Springfairy556 Is that all? There's nothing you can do.
    @puzzlezaddict I will try that. My issue is like Springfairy's, and I had a completely clean folder beforehand.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had that happen with a save where my family's baby had been taken away by th social worker after it got so corrupted that the last time I loaded into it I got the dreaded UI failure and it would refuse to load and just trigger a popup telling me it was too corrupted to open.I lost two other saves to social worker taking children away from inactive families and they got save errors.
    @KatNip -It might be wise to install a no social workers Mod if the issue is a corrupted save since that is know to get a save so corrupted it becomes unplayable like when a sim is deleted using TCE or glitches out and goes missing during a Generations free vacation that got glitched.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2018
    The thing I'd do is start a fresh game in Sunlit Tides. Save. Shut it down. Then put the nhd files from your game into the new save. Probably the Travel Package should go in as well. It might work.

I wouldn't worry about the social worker though.