Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Holiday traditions

I finally got Seasons on Wednesday, but couldn't dive into it until yesterday.
I created a new tester save family so that nothing I had done before would affect anything. I started in the Summer and created my holidays including Independence Day.

There was a problem. I don't know if this is a glitch or an oversight. The traditions I chose were bbq, fireworks and water fun. My family consists of the parents, a child and a toddler. The child didn't have any of them grayed-out. Kids can't bbq. I don't know if children can set off fireworks or not (I ended up deleting this one because I wasn't prepared before hand). I had bought a toddler pool, and the parents fulfilled the tradition by placing the toddler in it, but the child could not fulfill it even though I had her lounge in it 5 or 6 times.
Are there any other traditions that have this issue?
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• SimityPaigeSimityPaige Posts: 12 New Member
    only teenagers+ can fulfill holiday traditions is my guess, unless im not understanding? my children sims can't do it. happy simming xo
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    Child sims will fulfill the bbq tradition when eating grilled food.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Child sims will fulfill the bbq tradition when eating grilled food.

Ahh, okay. I'm running them on a club and I'm using Rally the Troops so there was no need to actually eat. I'll definitely remember that next time. I assume the grand meal works the same way.

Can children light the fireworks? That wasn't grayed-out. I'm guessing that maybe they can light certain ones (do we have sparklers?) and that would fulfill it for them?

Not fulfilling the water fun concerns me. If adults can lounge in the toddler pool (I'm guessing that can fulfill it), why can't children?

Luckily, she didn't get any negative moodlets from not completing her goals, but I would like to make sure I do it correctly next time. :D

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif