Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Work At Home Sims 3

What does Work at home do? I’ve done it several times but i don’t get paid and it seems like it doesn’t do anything at all.

Comments

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited November 2018
    you're not doing it long enough
    there is a stretcher-side to the icon 'work at home' just like when reading a skill book, fishing, sleeping or cleaning up dishes. stretch that out to the thingy you want. One choice is 'indefinitely' another is '2 hours' or something, anyway I think it needs to be whole hours at a time to get paid.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    It's an interaction specifically for Workaholic sims. Not only does your sim get paid (or should get paid) they also increase job performance, albeit rather slowly. I usually stretch out the interaction to 4 hrs to see some reasonable increase in job performance.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited November 2018
    yeah and I can't remember if you get paid while you're doing it or when you stop @TreyNutz Hello Trey! *Waving*

oh, and I think your sim has to have a job in the first place
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @DivinylsFan Hello! :)

I recall getting paid after stopping. It's been awhile since I played a Workaholic sim though.

I think the sim has to have a rabbit hole job too? I'm not sure. All my Workaholic sims have had rabbit hole jobs.