Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't believe my laptops died.

BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
Am so gutted, after playing sims 2 on my old laptop for about 8 years its finally died. Have been given a windows 7 lenovo thinkpad but after installing the base game a notice came up saying it had compatibility issues and now I see ea have stopped giving out sims 2 ultimate collection. What will I do without my sims 2.

Comments

• JazxiJazxi Posts: 6 New Member
    Could you give the error message? I think I had the same issue and I got it to work by running the Sims 2 in window mode, you do that by right clicking the Sims 2 icon then choosing properties, under shortcut in the "Target" field click on the text and go to the end of it and add a space then a -w, afterwards click apply and OK, it should possibly work then.
    You could also test your luck and contact EA with your old code for Ultimate Collection, even though the offer ended.
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Jazxi wrote: »
    Could you give the error message? I think I had the same issue and I got it to work by running the Sims 2 in window mode, you do that by right clicking the Sims 2 icon then choosing properties, under shortcut in the "Target" field click on the text and go to the end of it and add a space then a -w, afterwards click apply and OK, it should possibly work then.
    You could also test your luck and contact EA with your old code for Ultimate Collection, even though the offer ended.

Thank you for the advice. :)
    I will try what you said. The game actually plays after the compatibility issues box comes up but while playing theres blue boxes everywhere. I have put it into compatibility mode for windows xp but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I missed out on the ultimate collection as my origin account was hacked and it took ages to get sorted.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    What kind of video card do you have?
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    What kind of video card do you have?

It has Intel HD 3000 graphics. I was told it could play sims 3 and some of the earlier expansions so assumed it would be OK for sims 2.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    I had the exact same issue. However my laptop popped with a "compatibility issue" notification, but when I started the game it worked completely fine...weird.
    I tried contacting EA for the Ultimate Collection after they stopped giving out codes, explaining to them I own so many of the Sims 2 expansion packs and gave them proof of serial numbers. But sadly they refused to do anything.
    Hecate90 wrote: »
    I had the exact same issue. However my laptop popped with a "compatibility issue" notification, but when I started the game it worked completely fine...weird.
    I tried contacting EA for the Ultimate Collection after they stopped giving out codes, explaining to them I own so many of the Sims 2 expansion packs and gave them proof of serial numbers. But sadly they refused to do anything.

Apparently EA stopped giving out ultimate collection in Oct, I know they had been giving it out for quite a long time but wish we had a bit more notice they were they were going to stop it as my old laptop was on its way out and could no longer get internet and was in the process of buying a new one so was bad timing.