Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

miyamaniac's lots (no cc)

Hi all,

I've decided to make my own thread showcasing all my lots. Please let me know what you think :) I'm primarily focusing on one particular neighborhood in Oasis Springs right now, but I love building in Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek too, so they'll be here at some point as well. Enjoy!

Oasis Springs Fixer-Upper
An old house on Agave Abode in dire need of loving Sims to move in and fix it up -- or just leave it as is, it has its charms. It has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, with a small outdoor space.

DOWNLOAD HERE
tumblr_pi7c1gzxqx1t3v1rco3_1280.png
tumblr_pi7c1gzxqx1t3v1rco7_1280.png
tumblr_pi7c1gzxqx1t3v1rco5_1280.png
tumblr_pi7c1gzxqx1t3v1rco2_1280.png
tumblr_pi7c1gzxqx1t3v1rco1_1280.png
tumblr_pi7c1gzxqx1t3v1rco4_1280.png
tumblr_pi7c1gzxqx1t3v1rco6_1280.png

Johnny Zest's Trailer
Nookstone Trailer fits in with the Agave Abode house; nothing fancy. Chainlink fences, 70's decor and some careless trash add character to the lot. My Johnny Zest lives here while relentlessly trying to become a famous comedian, but maybe your Sim will fare better in this place.

DOWNLOAD HERE

tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco1_1280.png
tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco2_1280.png
tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco3_1280.png
tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco4_1280.png
tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco5_1280.png
tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco6_1280.png
tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco7_1280.png
tumblr_pib8ypXI701t3v1rco8_1280.png

The Old Family Ranch
Another lot in the same neighborhood is Sandtrap Flat Ranch. With a spacious backyard and a garage with dedicated laundry area, the house has... possibilities. In the right hands, it could blossom into a nice small country ranch. For now, it's small and run-down, just like the other lots in the area.

DOWNLOAD HERE

tumblr_pip3twIZva1xnht3oo3_1280.png
tumblr_pip3twIZva1xnht3oo1_1280.png
tumblr_pip3twIZva1xnht3oo6_1280.png
tumblr_pip3twIZva1xnht3oo2_1280.png
tumblr_pip3twIZva1xnht3oo5_1280.png
tumblr_pip3twIZva1xnht3oo7_1280.png
tumblr_pip3twIZva1xnht3oo8_1280.png

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Oasis Springs Fizer upper looks great! :) I will repost here what I wrote on the other thread, The textures that you have used for the exterior and interior walls and the bracken on the exterior wall gives a great look to the home, and the awnings are a nice touch over the windows. The flower ladder near the front door is a nice touch, and the plants in the front area reflect the type of home that you have created. The crates, bins, wooden table, mismatched chairs and older style bbq look great in the backyard! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the table in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The type of and placement of the kitchen cabinets and counters looks nice. The fruit wall pictures, coat shelf and items on the wall shelving are nice touches there. The wicker type dining seats looks nice, and the flowers are a nice touch on the dining table. It is great that there is a pets corner nook. The older style sofa in the living room is nice for Sims to sit on and read a book. The hair dryer, toiletries, and beauty items on the bathroom counter and the older style wall cabinet add a great look to the bathroom. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The wallpaper reflects an older style home well. The torn wall is a great touch. The flowers pictures on the walls are nice for Sims to look at when resting in bed. Sims will enjoy checking their appearance in the full length mirrors. The beaded curtains is a nice touch, and the calendar looks great on the wall.
    You have designed the home very well :)

Johnny Zest’s trailer home looks great! :) The old bracken on the exterior walls, the airconditioning unit, type of plants used, spider webs and the crates in the outdoors areas give a great look to the build! Nice log themed seat bench sitting nook, with older type vases nearby. It is nice that there is a porch where he can enjoy sitting on the camping seats and have a drink or snack from the cooler in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior to reflect the theme. The cluttered items on the sink and counter in the kitchen looks great! The 70s pictures and banner on the living room wall are a nice touch. He will enjoy sitting on the sofa watching tv and listening to gramophone music. Very nice study desk nook, for him to enjoy sitting there using the computer, and reading his mail that is on the desk. It is great that a noticeboard is on the wall for him to keep track of upcoming events.

The design of Old Family Ranch looks great also! :) I won’t abiout it as the post is already a bit long.
  • MiyamaniacMiyamaniac Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! :smile: glad you like it!
    I have a new lot ready for download. It fits in the world just like the other lots :smile:

Pebble Burrow Family Ranch
    Bigger than the other houses so far, but still pretty outdated. The Pebble Burrow Ranch is a small family home that’s totally move in ready, as long as you can look past the cracks in the wall. Sure, the structure could use a little updating, but the parents tried really hard to at least give their children an updated bedroom.

DOWNLOAD HERE

tumblr_piz8zzkdgX1xnht3oo7_1280.png
    tumblr_piz8zzkdgX1xnht3oo2_1280.png
    tumblr_piz8zzkdgX1xnht3oo6_1280.png

tumblr_piz8zzkdgX1xnht3oo4_1280.png
    tumblr_piz8zzkdgX1xnht3oo1_1280.png
    tumblr_piz8zzkdgX1xnht3oo5_1280.png
    tumblr_piz8zzkdgX1xnht3oo3_1280.png
    Pebble Burrow Family Ranch is a very nice homely home for a family of sims :) Nice camp seats sitting nook in the front area for Sims to enjoy sitting their chatting. It is great that there is a clothesline to dry clothes on. Sims will have fun playing horseshoes in the backyard. It is great that there is a cooler to get snacks and drinks from. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The kitchen nook looks great! The patterned wall tiling and the corner wall cabinets look very nice there, and the cereal bod, food tins and utensils are great kitchen touches. The flowers on the table are pretty for Sims to see when dining. The pink and white colour scheme of the girls room looks very nice. The posters on the wall, animal wall pictures on the bedhead wall and the flower floor print are great touches in the room, and it looks great that there is a pile of books on the ground at the foot of the bed. The older and a little damaged walls in the kids rooms and the piping on the boys room wall reflects the theme of the builds that you are creating. The faded but still pretty floral wallpaper in the master bedroom looks very nice. The heart cards and the candles on the table at the foot of the bed are special touches, with the cards being given for Valentine’s Day <3 Nice homely living room area for the Sims to enjoy watching tv whilst sitting on the older style seating. The torn wall gives a great older look to the area.
    It is a very nice older style family home :)
  • TrishaGoldTrishaGold Posts: 45 Member
    Wow, I'm really amazed by how beautiful your houses are! Nothing seems out of place, everything fits the way you describe the house.

The first picture of the exterior of the "Pebble Burrow Family Ranch" looks so cute! And I especially love "Johnny Zest's Trailer". I don't know why. It just appeals to me, haha. :smile:

I was wondering, do you use any content besides what's in the base game? Like expansion packs or something? Because if not, wow... just wow. And if yes, than still, wow just wow haha xD

I've recently gotten into building houses myself (I was more into creating Sims and helping them achieve their goals). I think I'm doing fine building houses, but I do have the feeling everything I make (or try to make) is too cliché. Do you have any tips for building? :D
    'till death, we do art
    giphy.gif
    Feel free to check out a discussion I started:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952366/yet-another-sims-4-cas-quote-challenge#latest
    @TrishaGold thank you so much! That's super sweet! Johnny Zest's trailer is my favorite too!
    TrishaGold wrote: »

I was wondering, do you use any content besides what's in the base game? Like expansion packs or something? Because if not, wow... just wow. And if yes, than still, wow just wow haha xD

I've recently gotten into building houses myself (I was more into creating Sims and helping them achieve their goals). I think I'm doing fine building houses, but I do have the feeling everything I make (or try to make) is too cliché. Do you have any tips for building? :D

I have all expansion packs and stuff packs, so I use content of pretty much all of them... except for My First Pet stuff. I have it, but I mostly refuse to use it. If you're looking for cute clutter, I deffo recommend getting Laundry Day!

In terms of building tips... what kind of builds are you planning to make? Small lots, big, residential or no? I'm gonna be uploading some commercial lots soon for more reference too :smile:

Miyamaniac wrote: »
    @TrishaGold thank you so much! That's super sweet! Johnny Zest's trailer is my favorite too!
    TrishaGold wrote: »

I have all expansion packs and stuff packs, so I use content of pretty much all of them... except for My First Pet stuff. I have it, but I mostly refuse to use it. If you're looking for cute clutter, I deffo recommend getting Laundry Day!

In terms of building tips... what kind of builds are you planning to make? Small lots, big, residential or no? I'm gonna be uploading some commercial lots soon for more reference too :smile:

Ah thanks for the Laundry Day tip! :)

I usually build houses for my sims. Mostly households with just 1 Sim, but sometimes a small family. It varies from big to small, depending on if I feel like making them a rich family with a huge mansion or just 'starting from the bottom', haha. :p

I can't wait to see more of your builds! Residential or commercial!
    'till death, we do art
    giphy.gif
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952366/yet-another-sims-4-cas-quote-challenge#latest
    @TrishaGold I typically look for inspiration on Pinterest or Google Images, even Tumblr has some great results if you just look for Sims 4 builds. So if you want to get better at building, look at a picture on Pinterest and try to recreate it in the Sims. Even if the furniture doesn't look as nice in the Sims (it hardly ever does!) the color schemes might still make the build look really good.

And of course moveobjects makes everything better :smile:
    Miyamaniac wrote: »
    @TrishaGold I typically look for inspiration on Pinterest or Google Images, even Tumblr has some great results if you just look for Sims 4 builds. So if you want to get better at building, look at a picture on Pinterest and try to recreate it in the Sims. Even if the furniture doesn't look as nice in the Sims (it hardly ever does!) the color schemes might still make the build look really good.

And of course moveobjects makes everything better :smile:

Omg, why haven't I thought of that? :D I will definitely do that, thank you for the tip!
    I never used moveobjects, because I'm afraid my Sims won't be able to use the objects. But just for building it's a great solution, I'm sure! :smile:
    'till death, we do art
    giphy.gif
  • PinenutsPinenuts Posts: 99 Member
    Hi. Just popping in to say that I really like your aesthetic for these houses. Small, lived-in and a little rundown. You don't see this treatment often in the gallery and it's refreshing.
    @Pinenuts thank you! I thought so too, a lot of houses feel like they're ready to be moved in but not lived-in yet, which is fine because typically Sims just move in... but I really wanted to get the feeling that the sims living in these homes have lived there for many years, maybe even some generations :smile:

I made a new house today, though I'm still in the playtest phase so it's not on the gallery yet.

tumblr_pjhjnsIfrT1xnht3oo5_1280.png

I particularly love the kitchen
    tumblr_pjhjnsIfrT1xnht3oo1_1280.png

And a quick overview of what the neighborhood now looks like:
    tumblr_pjhjnsIfrT1xnht3oo7_1280.png

The new home is very nice! :) The texture of the exterior walls, the plants used, the ripped wall and the old bracken on the walls complement each other very well. The pink flamingo is a nice touch in the front yard. Very nice furnishing and design of the kitchen. The faded pink walls and stain gives a nice homely look. The display plates , teapots shelving cabinet and utensils on the walls are great touches. It is great that an oldstyle grey fridge is there for Sims to use. Sims will enjoy looking back on family recipes that they have written in the cookbooks there.
    The neighbourhood of homes looks very nice! They go very well together :)