Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't drive their cars(Fixed, no longer need help)

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
For some reason, my sim will not use his truck.I tell him to go home and he runs across the map all the way.He just will not use his car for some reason any fix for this? he does not have the loves outdoor trait or economy trait.This is a brand new save, literally just created it and brand new household.He does have athletic, but none of my other athletic sims prefer walking. In fact even the townies aren't using cars...

Edit: I tried moving out, I tried replacing car.
Edit: And no he isn't a teen, he's a YA

Final edit
I no longer need help with this.
But in case other people need it.
But I personally don't need anymore help as the issue seemed to fix itself.
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    EA world? Custom world?
    Firby nurbs!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    EA world? Custom world?

Custom world: Great Bear.
    Only with this particular world, as I just tested the same family in Cape Garner Islands and they seemed to work okay.
    And previous saves seemed okay.I haven't played in Great Bear in a long time.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Probably a world problem, then, with a road section that is invalid or something of the sort.

I have never encountered this problem, and only ever play in EA/Maxis worlds.
    I actually fixed it, so I don't need help anymore with this.
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member

Would you mind sharing how you fixed it?
    Firby nurbs!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Springfairy556 It would be very nice, in order to facilitate future searches on the same issue, if you renamed your thread to fit the question.
    If you did the same with your thread about routing issues in Praaven, that would also be very helpful, there were a lot of good tips in there. :smile:
    edited November 2018
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »

Would you mind sharing how you fixed it?

I only did basic trouble shooting steps, and then gave up, it seemed to fix itself after a while.
    edited November 2018
    @Springfairy556 It would be very nice, in order to facilitate future searches on the same issue, if you renamed your thread to fit the question.
    If you did the same with your thread about routing issues in Praaven, that would also be very helpful, there were a lot of good tips in there. :smile:

I edited the title.But I don't need anymore help with it.
    I have no clue where I posted my praaven thread, but I can say that issue is unresolved and I gave up on it.So unfortunately, there was no resolution for it.

As for this one, I really don't know how I fixed it tbh.I tried everything posted.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Springfairy556 Great, thanks!
    The Praaven thread is on page 3 in General Discussion by name of: 'Fixed- old thread'. A couple of the tips in combination with the world files would probably be very helpful for anyone who wanted to fix the issue. :smile:
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
    edited November 2018
    @Springfairy556 Great, thanks!
    The Praaven thread is on page 3 in General Discussion by name of: 'Fixed- old thread'. A couple of the tips in combination with the world files would probably be very helpful for anyone who wanted to fix the issue. :smile:

I don't have the world files.
    And I never fixed the issue, so I don't have any tips to go with Praaven.
    I just play it as is.I'm sorry.If you need the world files, maybe the creator has them.
    But he's said he's no longer giving support for the world.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Closing thread per OP's wishes.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top