Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you done with Del Sol Valley so far?

AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
I would love to know how everyone's Del Sol Valley are looking at the moment.
If you have changed things around, please do share pictures and stories here, I'd love to see the different ways everyone changes the town.

I hit enter before adding the last option :s:s:s
The last option would have been "Everything is changed: I bulldozed everything and changed the whole town's distribution"
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

What have you done with Del Sol Valley so far? 30 votes

Nothing: I kept every Maxis lot untouched
16%
IcewolfDeKayEricasFreePlaythatsnotswegchloeu 5 votes
Minor changes: I changed some venues but generally it looks the same
33%
w2ad4PlayerSinger2010SimplyJenRavager619RedDestiny92cherryboyJJHopeyStarrthenightcourtBusufuRae357 10 votes
A fair amount of changes: I bulldozed some builds here and there, added some lots from the gallery or built them myself
36%
CK213elanorbretonphantom121294DaemonPawsfullspiralAlbaWaterhouseParmaViolet87SomeChick1AquaGamer1212happyopiSimsSlay 11 votes
A huge amount of change: I changed almost everything but kept the structure
13%
LaBlue0314ARCTICORNEjoyofliving37Simyim 4 votes

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2018
    A fair amount of changes: I bulldozed some builds here and there, added some lots from the gallery or built them myself
    So far I haven't had time to do everything I want to do there. My plan is to bulldoze everything and redesign the structure of the city.
    But for the moment, I evicted all the premades and build 2 venues: a spa for the elite in The Pinnacles and a bar/comedy club in Mirage Parks.

THERMAL LA ROME
    Outside you can see some of the ruins of the ancient thermal spa. It used to be a luxurious place for ancient sims and now it had been refurbished to please the contemporary elite. Sims come from all over the sim worlds to see this mixture of ancient ruins and lavish marble and gold new building. The thermal water with bubbles are still there and the rich and famous can't get enough of the therapeutical benefits.
    JV09HbK.jpg

And THE RED COMEDY CLUB
    It is not located in the most desirable neighbourhood but it is well known for its open mic nights where many comedians, actors, and musicians have been discovered over the years
    oS8i9nP.jpg

zCE22ug.jpg
    ifOBkjj.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    A huge amount of change: I changed almost everything but kept the structure
    I changed out every single lot with some really cool up to date versions of the ones that were there before. I kept all the lots the same such as the gym, park, and all the others. I am also giving all the preexisting sims makeovers as well. I have been slowing doing the rest of the towns like this as well, and I'm almost done, just need to finish the jungle town.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Still working on it. Been changing a lot though!

Found on gallery

Arts Center:

OrXgvgN.png

Hotspot for celebs with an interior re-do because it was a museum:

ctuQdPy.png

Pinnacles house for Brad Pitt and his daughter:

XxIkv18.png

Built:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams Diner:

yEspB8Y.png
    eu4K64Y.png

Mirage Park Townhome complex (on the two adjoining lots):

7eQuvXQ.png

vWjg2TN.png

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Minor changes: I changed some venues but generally it looks the same
    I haven't done much, but I replaced the gym with a hot-spot, upscale restaurant from the Gallery.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Lol I don’t have the game yet. But I plan on bulldozing a lot of lots. Especially Judith’s house, I don’t want Sims visiting the park area behind the house randomly so I’ll be putting the exclusive lounge there. I’ll be adding an apartment building down in that big lot in Mirage Park. I’ll be redoing Vanessa’s house and the empty one. I’ll also be changing most of the buildings downtown and in the Pinnacles.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I don't believe an original lot will remain by the time I am done with Del Sol Valley. :)

The first change I made was to boot Judith Ward out of her posh home in the Pinnacles.
    I put Studio BPB in its place because I needed that lot in Starlight Boulevard for something else.
    11-18-18_6-17-42nbspPM.png

Also, I didn't care for a public space behind it. I cannot build on it. A community lot here makes more sense to me.
    I have yet to experience the game play associated with this lot, but I do believe I will completely redesign it once I've played the events here.
    11-18-18_6-17-57nbspPM.png

I will bulldoze the other mansions in this area, but I don't know what I will place there for now.
    I will probably put Judith back in a posh mansion I built for Windenburg, but have yet to use.
    11-18-18_6-23-26nbspPM.png

I haven't done much with Mirage Park, because I wanted to get my sims started and moved out of there as quickly as I could.
    I do have plans for this area. I consider it a place where sims make their start. That large lot is too large IMO, so I will probably make it a trailer park, or an apartment complex. I will make a landlord who takes care of the place and I only play to make repairs around the property. I will figure out how I will use the money vault to manage money when the time comes for my sims to move out.
    11-23-18_2-51-27nbspPM.png

But they started here.
    I chose a lot from my collection of homes just for the two bedrooms it contained. I have four sims, and I wanted to have a tight living arrangement. But I also want a place that is more vintage than this. I couldn't be bothered to search for the perfect house when I got the game. I wanted to play immediately. I will replace it later.
    11-23-18_2-52-00nbspPM.png

Starlight Boulevard has been razed except for that little park.
    I have a problem with Del Sol Valley. There isn't enough housing choices. You have places for sims starting at the bottom, and you have housing for sims who have made it to the top. What about the middle? So I have taken two lots here and made them residential.
    11-23-18_2-16-16nbspPM.png

Judith Ward is here temporarily.
    I didn't want her to be a homeless townie.
    11-23-18_2-47-09nbspPM.png

This is a renovation of the Old Salt house in San Myshuno.
    My four sims have moved here after becoming 2 and 3-star celebrities.
    Their lives are all about climbing the fame ladder and parties.
    11-23-18_2-16-05nbspPM.png

The museum and Studio BPB are gone.
    11-23-18_2-16-51nbspPM.png

I put my favorite dance club here. It gets better with each pack.
    Now it gets a third floor that contains a VIP lounge.
    11-23-18_2-17-09nbspPM.png

11-21-18_10-38-57nbspPM.png

11-21-18_10-53-33nbspPM.png

11-21-18_10-58-21nbspPM.png

11-21-18_11-03-03nbspPM.png

This is my CyberCafe that used to be in Windenburg, but has expanded greatly with Get Famous.
    I am giving it a more of a Hollywood flavor with its movie making theme on top of it's Geek Culture theme.
    11-23-18_2-17-27nbspPM.png

There is a movie-studio-set replica inside that my cosplayers love.
    11-21-18_3-31-34nbspPM.png

11-23-18_9-16-42nbspAM.png

11-23-18_9-18-48nbspAM.png

11-23-18_9-34-08nbspAM.png

11-23-18_10-17-41nbspAM.png

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    I don't really have much plans for the residential area's going forward. However I'm completely reworking starlight boulevard with new lots. I also build a starter home and a mansion for my sim.

Here are some pics of my WIP's.

Studio PBP will keep its name but it has a new look. The story is that its the first film studio built in del sol valley. Obviously to small to be any use to anyone these days, it was converted into a high class lounge and because of its history it exclusively hosts the starlight accolades.

TgkmSAK.jpg

RRd9G8F.jpg

Next up is orchird a gogo. I kept the brick style and back story about being a closed down movie theater. Its now a lounge and as a cool aside that garage on the side....its actually a small stage that has a space for an acting club from get together.

yrhL45O.jpg

CWpvoBu.jpg

Last but certainly not least is my sims home. It took me three 8 hour days to build out. Its completely elevated. It has a lot of very cool building techniques. There are at least 4 different level of platforms. It was extremely...extremely frustrating to build but it was so worth it. Its quite a feat and my personal masterpiece. Even if it isn't actually that good to everyone else its special to me so I'm going to share it.

dty2m5G.jpg

REkQFr7.jpg

VqwRXGf.jpg

3bqYfxB.jpg

Bonus shot of the living room

nmVQaDE.jpg

Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg