Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you put socks on your sims?

Just curious if anyone else makes socks a must have clothing item. Personally it is a must have for my sims. I really hope there is more variety in the future.

Do you put socks on your sims? 251 votes

Yes, why wouldn't you put socks on your sims?
17%
icmnfrshIcewolfmusiclover13191TWSimGamer82VibseWritin_Regvivica86Bagoas77sekojranaladybreidSimGuruGrahamOriginalNameNoTalentemereChelseadude182BlueSeaWavesbadhair1963PrincessMeiFRENZIIannaliese39 45 votes
No, sims don't need socks.
14%
King4510411IceyJjoelygirlsims2huandlufruitsbasket101GARRICK20JennyggSPARKY1922Briel24Meela_PashtAnthonydyerspice3DaemonPawsMikado-chancatitude5TLM08AngelEb95catmando830rjssimMiguelDiogo 37 votes
It depends on the outfit chosen.
67%
CK213tams2578Kita5399IdontrcallEuphorialQueenGalacticGalHejixLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatalexspoom13NighteyesSimmervillejeLlyBeAn1573UnDutchablerjhenn14Saunta2StilettoBlackjonilla1MylitaSasquatch7 169 votes

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Of course, depending on the outfit! Otherwise their shoes will get all stanky...
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    Nah. Often times you can't even see them.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Mostly in athletic outfits, rarely anywhere else.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    If I can't see it, I don't bother with it. Personally I prefer no socks myself. Love to be barefoot.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Of course. I'm not a barbarian.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Yes (unless they're wearing sandals.)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Always depends on the outfit. Usually if you can't see the docks due to shoes or pants or dress I tend to not put them on. Majority of the time it always seems like I have them put on in their sleep wear category or athletic.

Though there's always a couple of outfits I put socks on. I know I use tights and leggings a lot, but same rule applies.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    All my Sims wear the argyle socks with their Athletic outfits. It's just a tradition.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    Depends on what they are wearing. Like workout clothes. I always have them wear socks.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2018
    If they are wearing sneakers, I always put socks on them. If they are wearing heels, I usually use hosiery or leggings instead of socks. With boots, I usually use leggings unless the ankles are visible or the outfit covers the legs. If the legs and ankles are completely covered, I usually don't have them wear anything besides shoes (and a top of course unless they are a male sim for athletic, hot weather, or swim; and always for all other types of outfits). For sleep, sometimes I have them wear socks instead of slippers, and sometimes I have them wear slippers without socks. Both socks and slippers never made sense to me. Occasionally, I will have male Sims wear socks and sandals together for hot weather or everyday (since some men in our area do that), but usually for hot weather (and sometimes for swim) I have my Sims wear sandals without socks, or toenail polish "shoes" (currently only available as custom content) without socks. or toenail polish "socks" without shoes.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I have this compulsive need to put socks on them when they wear sneakers or running shoes, even if they won't be visible.

Although the socks do show when they take their shoes off, like when doing yoga, so there's that
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    If you can see them, yes, unless they're sandals or some type of heels that you don't wear socks with
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Only if they show.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited November 2018
    Depends on the outfit but most of the time, they're wearing sneakers, so I'll make them wear socks. Even if the jeans cover the top part of the shoes and socks. 🤣
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Poor little simmies cannot be left with cold toes in the Winter time. They even get to wear socks with their nightwear in my game, if it's cold.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I use socks on the guys when their dress pants don't cover that last little sliver of ankle. You know the one I'm talking about. It's the tuxedo and/or suit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    It depends! I do not tend to use many shoes that require socks but I do occasionally.
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    No socks! I think I may have been bothered to put socks on around 5 of my sims before resolving to only make outfits that don't look bad without socks. I guess I'm just too lazy haha.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    It depends on the outfit. If I put them in shorts, then yes they will wear socks with any closed toe shoes. If they are wearing long pants or open toe shoes (which I rarely use), then they don't get socks. It just looks weird to me to wear socks with open toe shoes.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited November 2018
    When I don't, it's because I imagine they have no show socks on.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Almost always. I don't like the feeling to be barefoot in shoes, except for ballet flats, sandals, high heels... so I get shivers just thinking about my Sims not wearing socks 😅
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    If they are wearing jeans with sneakers or dress shoes with dress pants, yes. Otherwise I really don't care.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    if there wearing shoes or trainers, then yes they wear socks. if there wearing those sandals that go between toes, or heels then they don't.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    It depends on the outfit. If my style influencer Sim sees someone wearing socks and sandals, she will definitely offer to make them over. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    Depends on the outfit and I usually put on knee socks for my female sims but never regular socks