Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing the Studio Lot

2...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    I am a stickler for making things the way I want but it honestly didn't occurred to me to change the acting career lot. I am not sure why other than I guess having been on a few of the gigs I gathered right away it was a dynamic lot that changed with each acting job my sim went on. The outside seems consistent but I haven't paid a ton of attention. Now that I think about it, that would be a lot of lots to change and I am super glad that it isn't a static lot that just moves the acting points around a few times depending on the job. Come to think of it I never tried to change the festival lots either, can you?

No, you can't do anything with the festival lots either really.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    It occurred to me that the EA builds for neighborhood lots can only use that pack and the base game, I have gotten into the habit of remodeling many of their builds. I think I greatly improved their old movie theater lounge.
    drakharis wrote: »
    I've numerous times tried to make edits to the filming studio lot (where sims travel to for the acting career), and each time my sims travel back to the lot, my changes are gone.

Honestly the decor the Sims team used is so disappointing and less than creative, to put it nicely. I've edited the lot (specifically the hair/makeup and wardrobe rooms) to fit my gameplay style and aesthetic, and each time the lot is reset the changes are gone. I understand the whole lot continues to change as you advance in the career and have different sets, etc. Is there a way to make the rooms I've edited stay? Has anyone made edits and traveled back to the lot with the same set to discover the changes they made are present? In other words, does the game load up several different pre-set lots depending on what the set is, a la the Tombs in Jungle Adventure?

I just want ... to not look at ... an ugly ... poorly decorated ... lot. :s

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't gotten the Get Famous Pack yet. Did you try saving your lot you created into your library and save it into your tray? Then put it back in as needed?

If you don't have Tray Importer it's NOT a mod or anything that will mess up your game. It allows you to save anything you have in your library into your Tray folder for Sims 4.

https://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/
    Cinebar wrote: »
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    Sucom wrote: »
    The problem for me is that Sims 4 has been turned into a game like any other typical game - the player follows specific gameplay. In previous Sims games, specific gameplay was always there for the player to follow if they wished, but at the same time the tools were available for the player to create his own gameplay, using the players' own unique style. This is something which is really missing for me in Sims 4. I can't do things the way I want to. I can't create my own game which is something which always attracted me to Sims 3. I would like to rule my own game and now I can't. I definitely don't rule.

I've started playing ts2, and while I love it it just makes me bitter because it is so detailed and dymanic and fun and BETTER than ts4. Ts2 is a game from 2004... how can it better than a game that came out 10 years later?! I've spent so much for ts4 for an empty game... It just makes me feel like a fool.

and to keep to topic, I refuse to play any pre-built maxis lot. It's not like they're particularly thoughtful with them and design them to be most efficient or reduce lag. Maxis lots are just random mediocre lots. Much beautiful and better functional lots are in the gallery. Honestly, it's just pitiful they won't let the player even change the wallpaper.

It's better (TS2) because with TS4 they changed the genre. Or hasn't anyone noticed? It's more and more check lists, locked lots, locked content, and more and more linear play. More and more limits of the cheats available and more and more gameplay dictated to the player. That isn't the genre this series started out in, and why so many of us long time players are so unhappy with it.

It's gone downhill since Origins took over. I never thought about mods and CC or even had the slightest desire to have them when I play Sims 2 or Sims 3. I love both much more than Sims 4 (don't get me wrong I do love things in Sims 4 especially the building). I can only hope that when Sims 5 comes out they remember how to wow us once again. How to make us all fall in love again with the franchise. They need to playtest everything and not only pay attention to what they want to hear. If it means pushing a release back for superior jaw-dropping content and exciting gameplay I would gladly wait for a later release. Or come up with the Wow Version for extra money that has extra content and better gameplay that we Simmers want. That would come out a month or two after the standard version's release date.

I have to agree it's no longer about individual gameplay whether your Sim is throwing a party, going on a date etc. It's point A to Point B only dictation of how the game must be played to accomplish a goal. I shouldn't need a Codex specific for each new feature to play the Sims. the Sims franchise should be fun and player inspired so that each unique gameplay can make a better experience for all Simmers. Sims 4 should have taken off (even though it takes place in an Alternate Universe) from the Sims Universe we all know and love. I don't mind different canon for this alternate universe but I agree they needed to step it up and bring the game to the next level.

Actually Origin is EA - it was built and owned by EA people, and took the place of the EA store. EA people run it even. It is not some different company or people you know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Anfernee93PAnfernee93P Posts: 42 Member
    drakharis wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't gotten the Get Famous Pack yet. Did you try saving your lot you created into your library and save it into your tray? Then put it back in as needed?

If you don't have Tray Importer it's NOT a mod or anything that will mess up your game. It allows you to save anything you have in your library into your Tray folder for Sims 4.

https://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/

The point is to not have to upload a new lot every single time I travel to that lot.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Actually Origin is EA - it was built and owned by EA people, and took the place of the EA store. EA people run it even. It is not some different company or people you know.

Well, originally Origin was a game developer who made much loved classic & genre defining games like the Ultima & Wing Commander series, but EA bought them out, closed them down & then had the cheek to rename the EA Downloader Origin. But that's another story.

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
    edited December 2018

Well, originally Origin was a game developer who made much loved classic & genre defining games like the Ultima & Wing Commander series, but EA bought them out, closed them down & then had the cheek to rename the EA Downloader Origin. But that's another story.

Well the guy that is EA's present day CEO - long before he became CEO and a huge team of engineers from Europe, Australia, and other EA Engineers totally rebuilt, designed, etc what was Origin for many years before it became Origin now. It's entire rebuild history was online for a long time.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Yep I remember that and never paid attention to it back in the day for back then EA was not bad as it is today. Back in the day EA did put out some very nice games but it was run by different people back then.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,542 Member
    I wonder if there will be an update where we can actually edit parts of the Lot. To improve the standard bits if nothing else (bathrooms, hair & makeup room etc).

If EA are going to force us into using their creation, they could at least have built it properly... no wallpaper here!
    Studio.png?dl=0
    edited February 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Yep I remember that and never paid attention to it back in the day for back then EA was not bad as it is today. Back in the day EA did put out some very nice games but it was run by different people back then.

Actually it went a bit different than that - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_Systems

and http://ultimacodex.com/2014/09/ea-sold-gave-licensed-wing-commander-to-piranha-games-and-they-didnt-use-it/
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I wonder if there will be an update where we can actually edit parts of the Lot. To improve the standard bits if nothing else (bathrooms, hair & makeup room etc).

If EA are going to force us into using their creation, they could at least have built it properly... no wallpaper here!
    Studio.png?dl=0

The studio will change to a better one if your actor gets better. So I don't think, they will change anything.